• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

how can I post my introduction

Comment

Hi All, My name is Mark. I like to tinker with....just about anything free..lol I own Marks Mobile Marine, boat mechanic, pretty much anything that runs on gas, diesel, 2 stroke-4 stroke, licensed aircraft mechanic. Own visio55 3d slim, insignia 50 lcd, lg 42 led The reason for finding this site is to fix a free hitachi plasma p50h401. It seems to have the typical hitachi problem caps and sdr u burnt.

Comment

Hi Folks, My name is Paul from Toronto, Ontario, Recently, I inherited a Sony TV that will not power up. While researching for my Sony lcd TV 6 blinking code I came across this forum. This forum has an incredible amount of resource and I am hoping to get my TV going.
        Sony KDL 52V4100
        In case anyone reading this, here is the symptoms
        1) Power up TV - Black screen
        2) Green display light blinks about 20 seconds
        3) Relay "RY6000" Sony P/N 1-755-493-11, CLICK
        4) Red display light blinks 6 time, pause and repeat itself over and over
        Thanks, Paul

Comment

Been searching web for info on a DGM 19'' monitor that has no picture and stumbled across this forum. Would appreciate some advice if any is out there.

Comment

Hello

Comment

hi I´m in Potugal and a survey engineer so electronics is not my best deal but like to learn so dont be mad if i sound a bit ignorant ok

Comment

Hello My name is Matthew aka Craftypear, I have just a bit to say. I have wanted to do something important in my life so I went to school to learn a trade . I finished with an Associate in Applied Sciences in Electronics Technology and a minor in Autobody repair. College was a load of fun but I didn't see to many beer parties like in the movies.
                Now I work at the family business and am looking for something else more challenging.
                I hope to learn something here at Badcaps.net and may have some knowledge to share as well.
                Thank you Craftypear(my first weird name sigh)

Comment

I've just signed up. Never been any good at electronics at all. My father in law recently asked me to help him to fix a dead monitor using instructions he found on YouTube. The PC repair shop had told us it was not worth fixing, we successfully fixed it for less than £10.

More recently I've opened another monitor and fixed a plastic power button (nice Dell monitor rescued from a skip, perfect condition) and also a laptop that the same repair shop said wasn't worth repairing (£2.49 for parts, including P&P).

This morning I found a 50" plasma TV so thought I'd sign up and try to get it fixed

Comment

Hey all!

I just want to say I'm so glad I found this forum. I have been digging through the posts the last few days and it is full of great info.

A little background on myself:

I'm a systems engineering manager for a semiconductor Cap Equipment company. I deal mainly in designing equipment for the manufacture and metrology of full wafers.

Although I rarely deal with consumer electronics I do have significant experience dealing with discrete components as well as troubleshooting fully assembled PCB's

Thanks in advance for all the help!!

Comment

Hi everyone.
                      my name is Joe and I am the only tv repair person left in a 45 mile radius
                      I have been doing tv repair for over 20 years and I have my own business

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

Hi everyone. I have used this forum as a newby, read only, resource for many repair projects, the latest of these being the CCFL inverter board in my LG Flatron monitor(the very one I'm using right now thank so very much). I am as my user name implies, a dummy of electronics technology. I do know a little. My profession is automotive diagnostics, which has me spending most days with my awesome new Snap On Modis Ultra lab scope, scanner combo in hand, diagnosing electronic engine control gremlins in all makes and models of automobiles.

For example, just yesterday I diagnosed a glitchy throttle actuator on a 2002 Mercedes Benz ML500. Problem solved(new throttle body assembly), the car went home this morning. While I have in depth understanding of automotive control systems, my understanding of computer electronics design and theory is more limited. One year of electronics technology at the local community college before I started serious automotive training about 35 years ago. I am however willing to dig in, study and figure out a problem(thus my success as a diagnostic professional). I don't know what help I can offer to others. Certainly any experience I have I am willing to share. I will certainly ask alot more questions than I will answer. I'll try not to be too frustrating for the veterans here. Thank you all for your help so far.

Mark

Comment

Hi from NZ.

Comment

Hi there, my name is massimo from Ireland and i found this forum after looking for a solution to repairing my lcd tv on the internet. It is great that there are people out there willing to help others. i studied electronics in Italy so i know how to design and create circuit boards...even if lately my job is anything but to do with electronics. I custom built many PC's and did a lot of programming in Visual Basic...So thats me..So keep up the great work..ciao.

Comment

Hi: I have been an amateur radio ham for 59 years. I presently have an advanced class license. I consider myself a handy man who likes to fix things. I have built a lot of my ham radio equipment in the past. As an engineer I have done limited programming in Fortran, Pascal, Basic and C. My first home computer was an Apple II+ with 16 kbyte of memory and two floppy drives. My first computer repair was replacing an IC in one of the floppy drives. During my retirement I work at fixing anything broke that can be fixed and doing whatever I can to be up to date as far as computers go. For kicks I am trying to learn to use the Linux (Ubuntu) operating system.

Comment

I found the site well looking into repairing my plasma tv black screen of death. The information has been detailed and very helpful. My background is more with electronics than directly with computers. I did 6 years in the Canadian Airforce troubleshooting devices to the component level (early 80's). Went to school in Kingston Ontario for Instrumenation Technologist. Enjoyed the program immensely but not the engineering firm I ended up at! Moved to a Yoga Ashram in the states for 10 years!! Have been working in the HVACR field for 15 years. The site has got me interested in picking up junked flat screens and seeing if they can be repaired instead of scrapped.

Comment

Hello !

Here is probably the largest collection of laptop service manual on the net.
                                    http://www.tim.id.au/blog/tims-laptop-service-manuals/
                                    This is my welcome gift for all of you.
                                    I am working in a computer service department of oure company for 24 years now.
                                    I think your site is a huge help for all of us.

Wery good work congratulations!
                                    Last edited by markopolo; 03-15-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Howdy everyone . My name is kapet and I've joined with the hope that someone can help me figure out what I need to do to get my TV working again . I'm disabled and don't have a ton of money but I've got lots of time tinker and my brain works just fine . I'd just like to thank you all in advance for any and info you can pass my way , it is and will be greatly appreciated . Cheers , Kapet .

Comment

i'm newbie

hi all,

Hope to learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Working...
                                          X