Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,
    Nice to be here!
    spot

Comment

Hi all,

My names Rob I'm a chemical engineer from Melbourne, Australia, interested in fixing up some old equipment that would otherwise be heading to the tip.

Hope I can get some help here and also hope that I can contribute something useful to the other members.

Cheers

Comment

Hello, everyone. New here and searching for help. This forum seems to be the best place to look

Comment

hello everyone! not a tv repairman by any means, but there are none in my area! So I'm going to play one!

Comment

I'm looking forward to tapping some synapses here. Unfortunately for y'all, my rap sheet is probably like a bunch of members. I became an electronic engineer some 30 + years back when the net was that thing dangling from a B-Ball hoop or snaring fish, unless you worked for DARPA. But I have followed the charmed path of a computer geek, all the way from mainframe to wristwatch. I began by punching IBM cards and breadboarding logic using Intels 8085s as an undergrad. Now look around. This profession is amazing and blossoming with people vastly more talented than before. Or maybe I'm just old.

And I've always tinkered with anything. My wife enjoys teasing me that I will fix it or kill myself trying to figure it all out.
            That,s why I'm here. To die trying.

Comment

Hello guys & gals. Spent 25 years in wireless electronics plus 6 years in the Air Force working on microwave radios. Got tired of the BS and retired then started a new career. Electronics is like riding a bike, you never forget… You may be a little rusty but the basics have not changed. This stuff is just smaller and packaged together as ic's. LOL As most of the older tech can tell you, being a tech never leaves your blood. I've repaired tons of motherboards and several car computers by replacing bad caps. Some of these were so bad it ate a fair amount of the traces. The Air Force did a great job of training me in high reliability soldering techniques. So today I find myself entering a new venture looking at 4 bad Dell LCDs. All are different models and of course all of them have bad caps. So the first thing I did was replaced all of the caps. Key word here is “ALL”. LOL The results were 1 good and 3 still out of the game. And Ladies and Gentlemen, That's the reason I found you guys! Woo Hoo… Time to start doing some reading...

Comment

Newly joined and grateful to have found this forum

I have recently joined and am excited to get my plasma hopefully fixed. I can't wait to attempt this fix and am excited to learn.

Comment

Aussie Techie...

Hey all.

I'm a techie from Adelaide, Australia.

Been into computers since I got my first, a Commodore 64 back in the mid 80's.

Much like a woman, complicated and frustrating but fun to play with so ya gotta love em...

Comment

Hello,

I am from Canada. I have a strong electronic background and over 30 years of experience with all kind electronic repair.

Walter

Comment

Hello everyone, just joined the forum.

Comment

New guy. Electrician, machine tech, spent 23 years in a GM/Delphi factory until all the jobs went overseas. Not much of a circuit board level guy, but someone was once kind enough to YouTube a "bad-cap" fix for my Samsung big screen. The best $10 repair I ever made. I've been fascinated since. I weld, paint cars, rebuild engines, tile, carpentry and computers are my hobbies.

Comment

Hi All - just joined! I'm a bored of the normal routine! I'm a mother 2 , grandmother of 2 & a housewife! Its has been six long years that I haven't had a job nor a hobby (ever). So it needs to change and I think I have found my calling!!! I been messing with computers a it components for a while but nothing like replacing resistors or other tiny circuit board parts...lol
                          I am looking forward to getting my hands into some of the electronics around the house with the help from this wonderful educated site. Then maybe I could fix, break or blow something up soon. However I don't know how to solder so thats a good place to start. After that this is what I have lined up to fix so far, 1 HP TV/Monitor & 1 Samsung SyncMaster Monitor and maybe try repairing mobile phones!!

Thank You see ya in the forum.
                          :>)

Comment

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site. I like to fix TVs as a hobby and would like to get some advice and share my experiences.

Sam

Comment

Hello to all friends of forum.Mi name is Max and I write from Naples, Italy.
                              I am an amateur repairman, I hope to learn new things and some times to be able to give help to someone.

Comment

hi guys. am Bonface from Kenya in Africa. i have done Electronics abit but specialized in Refrigeratio and air condationing. i came across this forum a day i was looking for ways of detecting bad capacitors. am looking forward in sharing and solving techinical and electrical problems.together as one guys.

Comment

Holla!
                                  So here I'am, I guess like a lot of person I got some trouve with my electronical device! (TV)
                                  Hope I can find some help here
                                  And maybe give some help with my few knowledge!

Comment

Hi, I am Joe and having trouble with my TV and I found your forum so I am introducing myself to be able to ask my question.

Comment

Greg, I'm irish, TV is going out the window if I can't get it sorted soon. When can I post????

Comment

Hello fellow members, I am at that stage in my life when preserving memories in the form of old analogue 8 mm video tape has become more of a priority. I'm hoping that some of you may be able to help me fix an old Sony CCD-V90E camcorder by identifying which capacitors should be replaced.

Comment

Hello everyone. I am an Army veteran of 25 years. I served as an audio/visual technician. I was the maintenance supervisor for two American Forces Network TV/Radio stations. I have to admit during my early years, I performed component level repairs on old beta VTRs and analog tv systems. As I moved up the ranks, spent more time supervising than repairs. Plus most of the equipment we had was on warranty or was on contract from the manufacturer. I joined the forum to see if I can learn something to new. I love being a technician.

Comment

Working...
                                          X