This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone, I'm Edwin and I'm British and I'm pretty much as close to a complete noob as you can get, I did a BTEC 1st diploma which had electronic fundamentals included, I also did GCSE electronics at school but I finished the BTEC in 2004 so it's been a long time since touching anything below 240V.

Comment

Heii I'm Dominik from slovenin and i have a problem with my plasma.

Comment

Came here to post the types of caps that are generally bad in Samsung 2220wm monitors. Had another one dead today. Samsung sucks. Don't need anything, just posting to help out the next poor sod with a unresponsive Samsung 2220wm with a flashing blue light.

Comment

Hey badcappers, I'm here to fix my Panasonic's 7 blinks of death.

Comment

Hello Badcappers -

I'm glad to have found this forum, and I look forward to learning and sharing here. Seems like a great place & amazed that I've only just now stumbled across it.

Cheers,
            EE

Comment

Hi everyone,

I run a small PC repair store in Australia and have been expanding my skills into board level repair.

This forum seems to be a wonderful place to share and gain knowledge and hope to be around for a while.

Comment

Hello from the live freeze and die state. I am a DIYer hopefully this forum can help with an issue I have with my Samsung Plasma.

Comment

Hello Everyone!
                  I'm an old school electronics tech that hails out of Neenah Wisconsin USA. In my schooling years we studied mostly valve circuits and finally ended with semiconductors and logic circuits. I forgot about trouble shooting for a few years untill I started work @ a printing plant and was forced to use my ancient know base. I should have never got away from it because I realize just how much I enjoy solving a electrical mystery. these forums are the best!

Comment

Hello Badcaps Community,

I look forward to learning and sharing with you. My first "real" computer was a Commodore Vic-20 with the cassette tape drive. Before that was a VideoBrain with top-load solid state cartridges like an old beta-max. Still have them both. Funny how much things have changed.

Comment

Greetings

4 attempts at o'Level Physics before I passed, now I have a a couple of dud Formac 2010 monitors to poke about in so though best seek advice here. Fettled motorcycle electrics and upgraded Mac processors and that's about my current limit. Ambitions to get an electric bicycle later this year - so the more I learn the better.

Comment

hi, i keep finding your forum come up when im looking for answers

Comment

Hello All, first post
                          Currently situated in sweden. It seems like there is a lot of information in this forum that might be helpful to me, since google guides me to here.

Comment

Hello enthusiasts... first post.
                            I am a novice when it comes to tv's, electronics, meters, etc.
                            However i am a certified Exede satellite installation technician; so I can help in this area if anyone has questions.
                            With 3 young adult children (boys)... 2 in college, 5 cars, household repairs (large and small), I have turned into quite the DIYer!!!
                            I have joined this forum to save my $1000+ purchase of a samsung LED TV that I was assured would last 10+years.
                            Thanks in advance for any help offered.
                            Kevin

Comment

Hello, I found this site on Google and I am desperately trying to repair my TWO Samsungs. I seem to be ask Samsung these days from my screens to my phones. I have a Samsung note 3 and my wife has the galaxy 4. We have been loyal Samsung users for awhile. But we are all Macs when it comes to computers. Strange.
                              Anyway, hello everyone

Comment

Hello!

Trying to get access so I can get some expertise on a Samsung plasma TV so I will go ahead and introduce myself. I graduated from Miami University in 2011 with a BS in Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology. I currently work as an electronics engineer in the lighting industry. I like to dabble in things I don't know enough about and get in over my head. My ADD causes me to want to start multiple projects at the same time and my laziness means that I don't finish half of them. Hopefully I can learn something from the experts here and possibly fix a TV.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
                                Matt

Comment

Hello everyone. I know very little, or relatively nothing, about electronics (witchcraft!) but am keen to learn and understand.

I also spelt my username wrong because I was half-asleep when I registered, which isn't a great start is it...!

Cheers, Tom.

Comment

Hello all. My name is Michael. I like to fix electronics but don't know how to do the real specific stuff (i.e. replace a capacitor). I usually just have to replace a whole board instead. Hoping to be able to learn here how to do the fancy stuff.

Comment

Hello, everybody. I have been actively engaged by electronics as a hobby since I rode my bike to take my novice class amateur radio exam in 1965. I was 15.

I began to earn a living chasing electrons in 1972, and "retired" from Nortel in 2003. I am now able to enjoy electronics as a hobby again.

My first computer was built from a bare board in 1975, and used an 8085. That powerhouse had 16K of static RAM, and required a hexpad for an interface.

At some point I began naming my computers Marley, and am now using Marley XI to write this. Marley XII was nearly complete yesterday, but the 450W power supply I was reusing from a salvaged machine wouldn't turn on. It had a 1600UF 10V cap that had poked it's little booger out the top, and as I searched for service info I ran across this forum - and think it will be fun to participate.

Comment

Lg 50 PG 20-ua Plasma tv

Originally posted by willawake View Post
                                        welcome feel free to ask any question or just have fun...
                                        Hi, My name is George, and I love electronics repair, as a hobby. i have fixed many LCD, LED tv's taking on my first plasma, going to need some help with this one. thanks in advance for all your help, I tend to ask alot of questions, just want to learn from the pro's. Thanks again, George

Comment

Hi, my name is Andy. I have been repairing electronic items for 30 years as my job. I currently own a shop in Wales uk and have done for last 17 years. Found this forum while searching for some repair into. You can never know enough, there is always a new fault that you haven't seen before. Going to have a good read through the forum. Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X