X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi all....
    im a chip level service engineer.
    this site helps me a lot by providing the circuit diagrams ,that's what i need.
    thanks to all members......

Comment

Hi my name is brabus just signed up looking forward to my first posts.Have been interested in computers for many years and am constantly looking for support with operating systems etc.

Comment

Hi

I like electronic.Work with electronic as hobi over 30 year.
        Hope will learn something more and share my knowladge.

Comment

charlie frost FROSTY

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
          As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
          So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
          where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

I am a CET with an old AAD in ELECTRONICS FROM A COLLEGE. I SAY OLD BECAUSE ELECTRONICS HAS PROGRESSED , over the last 40 yrs, to a place where I say enough done all the learning I need. I retired from SEARS Service after 20, had no choice, and continued my own buisness. So here I am . Willing to assist if I can and still looking for more knowledge

Comment

Hi, new member, trying to diagnose problems with my father-in-law's Philips plasma TV.

Comment

Hi, my name is Ryan. I am a sort of jack of all trades. My Dad passed on the bug to fix things rather than replace them even when it makes no... sense... whatsoever

I am a PhD student of mechanical engineering, but with a long line of electrical engineers in the family, I have always liked tinkering with electronics. I am one of the few in my area of expertise who can design and build simple and inexpensive circuit boards to solve the problem at hand rather than resorting to expensive industry solutions... I am the type of guy that buys cars cheap with 175,000 miles then keeps them running for another 200k just because I can (and partly out of financial necessity!). I have fixed many a motherboard, power tools, the neighbor's hair straightener, my cars, cell phones, digital cameras, canon lenses, kids toys, and many other things. We haven't had a TV in our home for many years, but after recently inheriting a free, broken 55" Vizio LCD TV, I am just starting to learn about fixing LCD TVs... which is how I came across this forum. So far I've learned a lot through my searching, though I haven't fixed my TV yet! I'm hoping to start a new thread soon on my TV and draw on all of your expertise in this area soon!

Comment

Tech'g since the '80's.

Have a pair of failed Hann's monitors am looking to get one or both running.

Am posting here as proof I can play nice with others.
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images...s/bartmoon.gif
                  Well, sorta.

Comment

hello,
                    got sick of the "oh no don't dare recap motherboard" attitude on other forums so this one is a nice find for the not so timid first time recapper. hope to learn a lot from these forums!
                    -john

Comment

Hello

First post on the board. Not a genius when it come to electronics so I'm hoping I can draw upon all your experience for a TV repair job I'm about to embark on

Thanks!

Nuzp

Comment

I'm a newbie to this forum. My plasma TV went kaput and I'm trying to figure out what's wrong. I've replaced caps before in my Apple iMac and Klipsch subwoofer, so am comfortable with the process. Maybe someone here can help.

Comment

My name is Benjamin, and I figured that I should join this site before I get in way over my head with all these TV's that I am supposed to be fixing.

Comment

Hey everyone. I've been playing around with broken computers and am now trying to fix an old flat screen. I figured this place would be good to find some help.

Comment

hi! I'm new from Louisville ky!!

Comment

Hello. Im a total noob who found this site after desperately searching Google links, threads and YouTube videos to find a solution to my plasma problem. After spending the weekend absorbing my crash course I'm hooked.And I DID find my solution. Ordering x-main
                                Thanks guys!!!

Comment

Hi all-

I have absolutely no educational or professional background in electronics (practicing attorney), but I am very into tinkering as a pastime/hobby, and enjoy learning about new areas that I have no experience with.

I discovered BadCaps because I had some questions about replacing inline capacitors on PSU cables, and I was very impressed with the obvious level of expertise here. Figured I would join so I could learn more from you pros.

Thanks, and glad to be here.

Comment

Hello!
                                    Thanks for your help.

Comment

hi
                                      first found this forum many years ago looking for info on a soltek M/B. now hope to learn a lot more as well as pass on any info i can

cheers

Comment

Hello, my name Chris. I am from Texas. I am here because I found a Vizio vw26lhdtv10f on the side of the road that I hope to get fixed with help from fellow members. thanks

Comment

Hello Members,
                                          I am a 65 year old, retired Mechanical Engineer, who got the electronics bug back in the late 70's while trying to make a Commodore Pet do things it was not designed to do (JOKE). The Pet then had a 1mhz 6502 processor, 8K of memory, and a tape drive input. Made memory expansions (32k) and various I/O boards to interface to the real world, added disk drives, what fun. Stopped playing with electronics in the late 80's when things were shrinking to the size of rice grains and I could no longer get hold of them. Now I just piddle around trying to fix things that are not working, like my daughters Samsung 32" TV. Found this site during a Google search, and followed a few threads, and was amazed at the advice offered by the really smart people on here like Budm. Maybe the old dog can still learn a few tricks?
                                          My current project is retro fitting an 80's Bridgeport CNC vertical mill with a PC control and digital drivers.
                                          Thanks for letting me join your forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X