Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Helloooooo

Comment

Hello from Ossining New York
      My name is Rudy and I'm a computer technician for over 10 years
      But now I've been interested on fixing tvs and all home appliances
      I have perform a lot of fixes for several years specially TVS
      now that I'm very into all this boards and circuits capacitors and transistor etc etc
      I will need some guidance from experts of this forums
      Cause I'm just starting to learn about voltage And all this "complicated stuff "

Comment

hello I'm heng from Malaysia, 32years old, just started my hobby into electronics repair, have some basics in it but still considered newbie, have successfully repaired some monitor power supply after following guide in this forum and some atx power supply, I hope to proceed further.

Comment

Greetings from Saskatchewan, Canada!! Arctic colds this week. I'm a jack of all trades, almost a master of a few!

Thanks for having me!

Comment

Hello, My name is Rafael (54 years old), from Sevilla (Spain)
            I´m a electronic technician since 14 years...

Best regards,
            Rafael Martinez

Comment

Hi
              My name is Steve Cooke and I live in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. I am an aircraft avionics trainer and fix various bits and pieces for friends in my spare time (what little I have of it!). Currently trying to identify the capacitance/voltage of an Nvidia video card GF9500GS capacitor with no manufacture markings, aluminium radial through hole electrolytic marked 721R 100 16K. I have always found getting the tech info is more difficult that the actual repairs. Saudi also isn't too well stocked with up to date component shops. There is a version of RS components and Farnell but they are very expensive and everything has to be ordered in, meaning a wait of 2 weeks. The shops that have stuff in stock have really old components and ICs of dubious quality. Not worth ordering from outside Saudi as mail costs make it uneconomic as friends tend to think I can fix everything within an hour and give me just the cost of the components (normally less than $5) even though it can take me hours of research and diagnosis plus the 50Km round trip to town to get the $5 components!
              On the plus side it doesn't rain much and I'm going out to sunbathe next, not bad for Jan 4.

Comment

I go by repairnretro. I've been working with electronics of some kind since 1983. From programming basic to bga repair. I have a ton of equipment and support to aid me in this process. Looking to gleam what I can. Thank you.

Comment

Well, hello people, this must be one the the largest thread on the whole internet!

My name's David and I am a civil engineer. I'm joining this mainly to better understand and maintain my equipment the best I can. Hope to learn a lot and help people along the way! Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hello everyone! mi name is joaquin bonavita, I´m from argerntina.
                    Searching the web, came across a thread in this forum, because I never knew this site existed,but you´re from 2003
                    Well, I know here one can learn a lot of things, best regards to all!

Comment

hello from winona mn

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello! I'm tangentially involved in the passive components business and see this as a great information resource. All the best.

Comment

Hello everyone, this is Felix from Munich, Germany!

I found this forum looking for information on how to fix my Philips TV's power supply and have yet to come across the right information, but I will certainly keep looking here, so I registered today.

A few words about myself:
                            I am a mechanical engineering student and usually tinker around with all kinds of things. That includes some old Vespas and motorcycles, but also lots of electronics. Even though I don't have any professional knowledge on the subject, I can still manage to create and repair circuits most of the time. I built a tesla coil in high school so I also know how to deal with high voltages without killing myself *fingerscrossed*

Comment

Hi Everyone!

New here! I have an LG Plasma TV 50PM9700 UA with issues and have been searching and searching and searching for answers! I saw a couple of posts on here that may be helpful.

I look forward to being a part of the community!

Comment

Hello, I have been repairing audio/video for 47 years and still seeking and willing to share knowledge.

Comment

Greetings all, I am here to look for some help in fixing my plasma tv. I have some computer repair knowledge but tvs to me is a whole different ball game which brings me here thanks to another website for directing me here. Hopefully I get my issue resolved and maybe provide some help to others if I can.

Comment

Hi! I had a dying Hanns.G HG281D monitor and managed to save it by replacing the caps. After that I swore to myself that I'll never throw away anything without having checked the capacitors, so naturally this forum is a very useful resource.

Comment

Hi all, I'm Ben from London. I'm probably more on the novice end of the expertise spectrum, compared to the other members here. But I figured, what better way to learn!

Comment

Hi There,

Just joined. I need Help lol.

Comment

Greetings everyone!
                                          My name is Ken and I'm the Operations Manager for a computer repair and business IT company in Chicago. We perform advanced level repairs on the board level for Macs and PCs, so we actively look for ways on repairing motherboards. This looks like just the community to be a part of in gaining and sharing knowledge for the greater good for all, so it is a pleasure to be a part of this community!

Comment

Working...
                                          X