This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi guys just a quick hello from down under.. I'm glad I found this Site, from what I've seen so far looks like a great community.

Cheers
    Bal22

Comment

Hi everyone.
      From the twin island state of Trinidad & Tobago
      I have a dead Samsung TV which i suspect is the power board at fault
      which is how I came to be here.
      I hope I can find the help/info i need here to fix my tv and possibly help someone in return.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm George. I'm a computer technician from Romania and I have some electronic experience. I am here to learn and help if I can.
        Thank you for being here!

Comment

Hi, Mildew here. Trying to keep a few aging devices alive and this site seems to have some excellent info. Excited to be here.

Comment

Well hello fellow Electronics repair inclined ppl
            My Name is Blair Evanenko
            Born in a greatest place in the world Calgary Alberta Canada
            I have been a dabbler in electronics for years fixing relics of the past and if your like me you spent many of dollars in quarters feeding the beasts that are now just a memory of better times.
            So with that said thank you for keeping these big company's in check holding them accountable for the cheep stuff they putout .

"why can a 25 yr old crt out last a 2yr old lcd? The answer is Simple, Quality of the parts. And that we accept the throw away society ideals " Well i don't accept these ideals I fix them.

Comment

Hello! This site is very useful.

Comment

Hi everyone. Looking for help with an RCA L37WD12 SMPS P-SMPS Board.

Comment

Hello, My name is Gregg and I came across this site while doing a Google search looking to repair my Panasonic TC-P58S2 TV that just recently went out.. I am getting a blinking light when the device is powered on. In the little bit of research I've done I've found the Panasonic "Blink Codes". It appears there are 13 code (per the information/PDF I found. Mine blinks 7 times. Per the document it states "7 Blinks Driver SOS 2 SU/SD/SS boards (SC floating voltage area). My question is has anyone had this particular Panasonic model and if I find and replace this board will it resolve my problem and get the TV to work again. Any help would be great appreciated and thank you in advance. Also, I'm in the Phoenix area (Gilbert to be exact) so If anyone is in this area and works on these or are able to repair the board I'd be interested in hearing from you too. Thank you again.

Comment

hello, checking out this site for a little help on a phillips lcd 47inch thanks

Comment

hello i'm here to fix a psu
                      I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Hello i' am a new member thank's

Hello every body.
                        i'm a new member.i am also a hardware technician.i have come here to contribute and share my knowlege with my fellows on this forum.
                        i am sure i can a lot.
                        i hear a lot about this forum and i am sure i will help me lot.

thanks...

Comment

Hi all, new to the forum and looking for help with my Samsung tv!

Comment

Hello. I have been working with computers/microsoft and building my own from parts for 20 years, but now its time to delve a bit deeper and I want to fix some stuff I broke and some stuff that got bad by itself.

Comment

Hello Peeps, Paul Bateson here AKA Masterbateson, yes I am very subtle

Ex TV engineer but to be honest I wasnt great at the TV /electronic side of things and preferred Videos (like I said long time ago) as VCR's are proper old skool.

Just getting into playing at repairing monitors and LCD tellys again for fun/hobby and hopefully some beer tokens.

Comment

Hi folks. I like to fix stuff! Got a number of hobby repair projects going and the latest one is a Dell 1703fps LCD monitor with the "2 seconds to black" problem. Would never have known it's a common problem (or how to fix it) if I hadn't stumbled onto this forum. Thanks for the helpful information!

Comment

My name is Mike and I like to fix stuff! I have fixed some LCDs and other TVs in the past but have just jumped into a bit of a bigger debugging problem. I have an LG W2753V with a good ol 2 seconds to black. So far I have replaced all caps, but no dice. I came across a thread here with some schematics for the power board that I am going to try and look into. Otherwise it may be a candidate for an LED backlight upgrade.
                                  Thanks for this place!

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am new here, obviously. I'm coming here seeking help with a TV I aim to fix. I have been trying to fix it on my own, but am at my wits end with it. So I come hoping to learn and improve myself.

Thank you!

Comment

Hello from Greece !

I am a new guy here that need some answers about my electronic devices. I know a little bit of electronics and I fix the basics.

Best Regards,

Comment

Hello everyone.

My name is doch1234. Im new to the forum and glad i found this site.. I love fixing things myself. A little background. I had 3 yrs electricity in Vocational School. I have my Journeyman Plumbers Lic and Pipe Welding Lic. I was a heavy equipment mechanic and a light wheel mechanic in the KY Army National Guard for 18 yrs and worked full time as a mechanic for 8 yrs for them as well. I live in the best state in the USA good ol KY..lol

Thank You
                                        SSG Holliday

Comment

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Aaron, and have fixed a couple of TVs over the past few years, mostly to continue the life of my own televisions. But am considering taking a more business approach to making repairs to others with broken televeision sets.

Comment

Working...
                                          X