This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, learning about fixing tvs and found this forum. I've hit a fork in the road and could use some help.

Comment

Hello, i am retraining myself in electronics and computer repair. I have done a little of each , but it has been years ago. I am trying to catch up on the times, so I am buying cheap projects to practice on. Mainly im retired and bored , lol. Any and all help is much appreciated , and I apologize in advance for any dumb questions. thx Rob

Comment

Hello!

My name is Jay and I am originally come from South Korea. I am about to finish up my degree in Aviation Maintenance, but I also have a huge interest in working on electronics. I have been Googling for how to fix my broken tv and fortunately, I have found this community and I am diving into it. Great to meet you guys I really hope to get along with you all!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi Everyone, Looking to expand my little knowledge of circuit boards through this board!

Comment

OK hello everyone. I have been lurking on this forum on a couple of occasions where I came across it doing a google search for a specific problem I was having on a computer motherboard or a TV. What a great forum it is. I was attempting to get my LG TV up and running and came across this forum again, so I decided to register this time, and here I am.
              The name is Bob, from Connecticut, USA
              I'll be posting my first post when I get that privilege granted. Not sure how long I have to wait but I'll keep checking.
              All the Best,
              Bob

Comment

Glad to be aboard. I did board level repair on cellphones back in the late 80's, but have been out of the electronics repair industry since then. Now I just fix my own stuff. I have forgotten a lot (hence the log in id) but have retained just enough to be dangerous. Found this forum while searching for a fix, got some good info here, but still need a bit more. Thanks, Bill

Comment

I'm a young guy from Croatia. Electronics is my hobby since childhood.
                  I love making electronics projects (althrough last few years I was too busy to have time for it), repairing broken stuff and also building a PCs.
                  I found this forum before few years after my LCD broke and i fixed it. I also fixed several other LCDs for friends, few PSUs and even a motherboards, replacing a bad caps with new ones. Lately I've been fixing laptop mainboard and desktop GPUs reflowing them with industrial heat gun.

Comment

Hi all,

I like to work with any types of computer. I'm from Dallas. I have 26 years. I wanted to join this forum.

Best regards!

Comment

Hi all,

Found this forum looking for help with my sharp aquos TV.

So far so good.

Thanks heaps

Comment

Hello,

Brian here. New to this forum

Comment

Hi all,

I'm a DIY-ing hacker-wannabe. I'm a chemical engineer by background and a cheapskate by every measure. I got into electronics repair fixing surround sound systems and worn-out joysticks (curse you Soul Caliber II), and took more of a dive down the rabbit whole working in a wonderland of abandoned and disrepaired equipment in my school's basement-turned-scrap-storage.

Been lurking for a while trying to learn from my betters, awesome forum!

Comment

Hello!
                            Badcaps.net forum helped me alot with repair panny plasma TVs.
                            Very big thanks to tw2005 for his hard work!

Comment

Hello. My name is Adam. I am a computer repair guy and I have been working with computers since the late 70s. My first system was a TI1000 which was basically a board with buttons.

I have not worked much with hardware, mostly software, but I have replaced "caps" and other items before. Found this forum while trying to troubleshoot a power supply board for an LCD TV that will not turn on.

No bad caps, but something is amiss, which is why I am here. Thanks.

Comment

Hy iam daniel from germany,

my english is not the best by i try to move on.

Greetings from germany

Comment

I'm Kerry and repair flatscreens as a hobby.

Comment

Wow this forum has so many experienced folk. I have already gotten good information to help fix some flat screen TV's so decided to join and see what else I can learn.

Basically retired from many years in technology. I hold a very old Computer Engineering diploma, have worked on hardware ranging from broken wires, up to optical tape recorders using lasers etc. I learned a little programming in various languages but I enjoy fixing anything and lately have been looking into TV's. Now the CRT tubes are gone I'm not so afraid of the zapping that really hurts!

Comment

Newbie here, getting my hands wet in LCD TV repair

Comment

Hi Everyone!

My name is Richard and I'm from Melbourne, Australia.
                                        I'm 27 and have been trying to create my own portable laptop charger as a side hobby. In the process I have damaged my laptop by charging it with the wrong voltage. So instead of taking the easy road and paying someone to fix it for me or just buying a new laptop I have decided to teach myself a bit about motherboard diagnostics and how to replace components.

For reference my laptop is an ASUS k55VD
                                        motherboard REV 3.0 tmt ya-4a1
                                        94v-0
                                        E114139
                                        12 18

Unfortunately I cannot find anywhere a schematics diagram for this laptop anywhere so if anyone has one I would be very very grateful!!

If anyone has a useful guide for diagnosing the components near the power supply input to the motherboard I would also be very grateful! The ones I have found online have had consequentially different parts.

Nice to meet you and please feel free to reply
                                        Richard

Comment

Re: Hello, I'm Michael Koontz

Here's my issue: Samsung LN46D630M3FXZA.
                                          No picture but have sound. No back lights. Did the flashlight test and can see image. Replaced the back light inverter and still have the same problem. Power supply board bad? Let me know what you think....Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X