This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I'm a computer geek but not a TV repair pro. I've never been a part of a forum before, so I don't know if I'm doing this right...Anyway, my first post if you saw it was about my Samsung LCD TV. Need some advice.

Comment

Hello,
      I am an experienced electronics R&D engineer, trying to find the root cause of my Samsung UA46C7000 sporadic double image issue and fix it for good ...

Thanks for having created this amazing forum!
      Chris

Comment

Hi All,

I was a sparky by trade but know next to nothing about electronics.
        I love to learn though so hopefully this site will help.

Spend most of my time working with 3D printing at home and anything else that comes along.

Dave

Comment

I am about to begin the journey of attempting to repair my Sharp 70" Aquos. I am a computer engineer, but only know a little about electronics. Let the fun begin.

Comment

hello

Comment

oops forgot the rest. Hello. Just a diy fixer who has a broken Panasonic vt20a tv and is looking forward to making a post and getting some useful advice from you guys

Comment

Thanks For Sharing the Information.
                The most awesome component level repair site on Earth!

Comment

Hello all, I'm attempting to repair a Toshiba 40L133DB (not powering up/backlights flash for a second) and came across this very helpful forum. I am a factory technician by day but people ask me to repair stuff now and again. Sometimes I'm successful sometimes not . hopefully I can get somewhere with this TV... it's belongs to my mother in law so some extra brownie points possibly!

Comment

Just purchased a boston acustics ba7900. Did not know it originally had 6 speakers to it including a control center. Im missing the control center. Not sure this will work with out it. Anyone know how to get this working with out it or know where I can get a control center? Primary reason for registering. IM also into antique radios too. Have loads of them I have repaired.

Comment

Hi all!
                      I'm a simple electrical engineer. My hobby is repairing and building electronic devices.
                      Badcaps.net forum helped me a lot with repair of Sharp LC37GD8E plasma TV.
                      Very big thanks to tKilroys for his answers in topic below: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=504253!
                      Thank again!

Comment

Hello,
                        My watercooled PSU is 15 years old and work everyday... and nowadays is feeding a power hungry core I5 (ivy bridge) under long heavy loads.
                        It should come a day that the caps will give up.

Comment

Hello from me, Tyler Durden, soap maker and broken tv owner.

Comment

Hello to all "Badcaps" members.
                            Just a quick message to introduce myself.
                            Eddy, from Bangor, Northern Ireland.
                            A beginner in electronics, learning new stuff every day.
                            This site is the best I have seen and I am thrilled to be a part of the community here.

Comment

Hello Badcaps members, Jeff from Wisconsin here, primarily interested in the circuitry of guitars, guitar pedals and guitar amps.
                              Hobbyist with too many projects on the bench. Have fixed or modified several small and simple guitar circuits, guitar pedals, speaker crossover circuits, and a couple guitar amps. Hope to give back.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Hello all,

I'm Peter aka "allforit." I'm a Voice/Data Technician in the central Florida area. I enjoy electronics and has always been an interest of mine. Looking to connect with you all on future projects and fixer-uppers.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm Simon from York. I have basic electronics skills but looking to improve with help from this site.

Comment

Hi @ all

Comment

Hi,

Old tech geek: Still frequently use my C64 & SNES.
                                      Electronics geek: Amateur to moderate experience, have a good go at trying to fix things myself - failing that there is always Google and forums.
                                      Work geek: Work as a service technician for an electronic security company. Fix things on a daily basis, mainly CCTV/alarms/access control systems.

Joined today to ask for advice on a Sony Bravia TV which has recently developed some vertical stripes that come and go. Posting in this thread so I can start another thread!

Looking forward to some helpful assistance.

Comment

Hi everybody, I'm French with locked Bios on a HP 840 G2 ...

I found here some nice people able to help me

Comment

Hi all I am an IT Tech that likes to tinker.

Comment

Working...
                                          X