This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all! Well, I love to tinker with computers; fix what I can and upgrade what I'm able to! Lately I bought a Dell e6410 on Amazon......Well, It's the easiest laptop to work on; so I started tinkering.......Well, haha.....I didn't know the BIOS password was locked! I've never come across one that was! So I just thought I'd KILL my CMOS......UGH! Bad idea!!!! So now windows won't fire up, and I called dell; did 4 ownership transfers.....They can't find the previous owner-so they will not give me the master password.....hahaha!!! So I got online and have searched hundreds of pages, did the Hirens boot by flash-drive with a downgraded BIOS version; tried to /forceit in CMD.....STILL ASKED ME FOR A PASSWORD! Hahaha!!!!!OMG.....What can I do????? Anyone here know???? My service tag is D5N6TM1-1F5A I did the generator at dell, but none of the codes worked.....with Hold CTRL and push ENTER twice---either.....So I would to ANYONE who has the answer!!! Thanks

Comment

Hello all members of the forum, is very interesting this community

Comment

I am new to badcaps. I joined due to some of the electronics that I am working on. I have limited knowledge about circuit boards, but have done a lot of electrical work over the years. I am hoping to learn enough that I can fix my broken electronics with spending a fortune on someone else doing the work.

Comment

Hi, I am new to badcaps. I need a help torepair a power supply API1PC36 for a Powermac G4 MDD. I only hear tickling when I put the plug into the net. This defect came time from time and now I can't totally power on the computer. Read post about bad caps....

Comment

Hello,

I am Active Duty in the Navy, but have aspirations to do much more than I am doing now. I love to tinker and re-purpose things. I am currently working on doing a custom deconstruction and re-purpose of my daughters laptop. It started with replacing a failed screen, and ended with a severed cable. Now we are going to free the MB and screen from its ugly plastic shell and build a custom, picture frame style enclosure that will house the screen and MB, then hang it on the wall. She'll use a USB keyboard and mouse for it. I am joining this forum in the hopes that the good people here could help out occasionally with assistance getting some schematics. Thanks all, I cant wait to work with all of you.

Comment

Hi All,
              I have an electrical background, mostly in AC control circuits, with some digital knowledge, now retired, with more time for fixing things when they go wrong (hopefully), and a dislike of throwing anything away that is reusable, and also lack of money.
              My latest DIY effort is to repair my home cinema system which has decided to drop dead, having great fun learning new things about SMPS but short of experience I fear, gosh they are complicated

Comment

Hi guys well iam new to this forum and iam just a diy. Iam 30 yrs old and iam from Oregon. I dont have any extensive back ground on electronics. I like to work on my own stuff. I have fixed my own labtops, desktops, cell phones, appliances, and vehicles.

Comment

Hi there!
                  I find this forum full of good stuff...keep going.

Comment

Hello all.I am just a noobie who would like to learn about fixing an old Zenith Z42PQ20.

Comment

Hi my name is Luca live in Rome, Italy, is an aeronautical expert but in working life as an electrician installer.
                      I am very passionate about electronics, throughout, from the ground level the optical fibbra.
                      I know the site for some time but I decided to sign up only now.
                      forgive the translator with which I write.
                      Pleasure to be here with all of you.

Comment

Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for all that have contributed to this site, it looks very roubust in knoledge, hopefully I transition from lurker to active contributor, with your help of course.. .

Comment

Hello,
                          I am just getting started with computers. They use to scare me to death and then I found out they don't bite. HA HA. I just want to learn more about them if that is possible.
                          I know I am getting started a little late but I was always told it is not to late until you are pushing up daisy's. I am a nurse by trade but I am retired now.

Comment

Well I hope this is the correct way to post an introduction so I'm able to post a new thread !
                            I am a 50+ year old ex-automotive technician with over 30 years in the import & domestic field.
                            The years of concrete walking finally got to me so I had to find another " hobby " so I started picking up free flat screens from Craig about 5 years ago.
                            Trying to find legible schematics to track down problems with these fancy new smoke releasers was impossible with a quick trip to google.
                            So I am eternally grateful to the creators of this site and all of the experts that have helped me over the years on here and for the world of information on here that was otherwise unattainable in the #1 search engine.
                            The people here are so friendly and quick to respond!

Comment

Hi there, I'm an electrical engineering student.. I enjoy repairing electronics, programming micro-controllers and hacking devices to make them better. I work in an electronic components retailer and I get to see all sorts of problems and really enjoy the challenge of trying to help people with all sorts of problems. I've used this forum countless times as a guest and hope to use Badcaps a bit more now. See you around!

Comment

Hi there,
                                I'm from Germany and found this fantastic forum when researching a defect of my TV.
                                Unfortunately I'm not a pro in electronics but I played around with circuit boards etc. when I was still in school.
                                My goal is to repair things which can be repaired rather easily if you "know the trick" and not to throw them away immediately. By this, I want to save some of the resources of our planet.
                                Best regards
                                grigri

Comment

Hi to all!

Im gio from the Philippines and I love to tinker with electronics for hobby and would like to learn some more.

I actually started learning by assembling an Apple 1 replica. It was really a challenge to get the parts and make it work. I did make it work eventually. Thank god!

Right now i want to try to fix a CRT TV so I can play my Nintendo Famicom. So I hope you can help me. Looking forward.

Comment

Hi to all!

I am having an issue with one of my TVs and would like to see if someone might have an idea how I could fix my tv.

Comment

Awesome Forums,

I have been using Badcaps.net for over 3 Years. The information provided is very useful, and the techs seem to be very knowledgible. Looking forward to finally joining in on the conversations, and support.

Comment

Hi Folks,

I discovered this forum when searching for information regarding my non-functioning Vizio TV. There appears to be a wealth of information here regarding other types of issues as well. I look forward to being able to contribute any knowledge I have.

Comment

Im jesse just an information junkie i like the challenges of fixing broken electronic equipment

Comment

Working...
                                          X