This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all, I am fast approaching 50, and have been a tinkering engineer since I was 12. I mostly build/repair PC/laptops, but now venturing into TVs, as I have a plasma with an issue I am trying to diagnose, that led me to this fine forum.

Comment

Hey guys! 32 year old here. Enjoy any and all electronics.

So pleased to see this community thriving and helping people out. Joined to get some info on fixing a samsung plasma. Have fixed input boards in the past, but a little more involved with the power side of things.

Look forward to reading and hopefully contributing in some way or another.

Also, I can't recommended enough the mini digital oscilloscopes you can get online. I bought one for $75 and it's been invaluable with automotive diagnostics (checked coil dwell times, outputs from crank sensors, etc). Gotta have the right tools for the job!

Comment

hello guys,czonal here,from the philippines.mabuhay!

Comment

Hey, new member and look forward to updating profile and reading up on the many posts.

Troy.

Comment

Mellow greetings!
            Hoping there are some wizards on here who will no doubt become a shoulder to cry on, since my luck with electrical items is rather, poor. Yikes.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm just here to learn how to repair broken stuff instead of throwing it out.

Comment

Hey all, been working in IT for many years - about time I learnt to fix things when they die. Looking for help and advice on fixing more expensive bit of kit such as UPSs.

Comment

Hi to all, i'm new here i'm electronic engineering second course student. My hobby is repairing laptops, so i'm very interesting in that. so if u can help my when i ask stupid questions i would be grateful for your answer. sorry for my band english

Comment

Hey my name is Rafael, I always enjoyed fixing things. I would like to say that I am getting better at it since I now dint have any extra screws. I am here to learn more about board level repairs. God Bless.

Comment

hi guys, i'm a computer technician(or more like i used to be...) with no social skills and really bad anxiety issues caused by an obsessive compulsive disorder... So yeah, i'm on welfare and all... i've got all the time in the world... I'm trying to learn about electronic circuits on the allaboutcircuits web site and so far the maths of the electromagnetic chapter is kinda messing with my head.. i think i'll have to go back to khan academy...

maybe if i wasn't stuck in a room in my parents basement(i'm close to 40 years old) in the middle of nowhere, maybe i wouldn't feel so down.. the only thing that keeps me from depression is watching japanese anime... but i feel really bad a soon i as try learning anything... which is weird because i dont have problems reading about hardware specifications and reviews...

anyway, i'm a messed up guy... trying to stay cheerful

Comment

Hi, I'm Ed and I do PCs, Laptops and TV repairs as my hobby. I would love to be a part of your forum as I've seen some threads were already very helpful to me. All the best for all members!

Comment

Hi. I'm a consumer looking to avoid a high-priced repair bill for my Samsung Plasma TV. I was trained to repair 1960's-vintage vacuum tube aircraft radios with motorized tuning circuits for the Air Force back in the late 1970's. Also have limited experience doing minor repairs and upgrades to desktop computers. I can solder and have a digital multimeter. Looking forward to some helpful advice and tips.

Comment

Hello, I am a Radiologist, previously a chemical engineer, who works with radiology based networks and workstations. I have many computer systems and consumer electronics and always have some issues repairing or upgrading. Looking for help wherever I can find it!

Comment

Hello everybody, I'm an IT tech looking for some good advice to repair my personal electronic devices. I took some electronics courses but never performed troubleshooting or repaired PCB at mass level, I'm not a soldering guru so please bear with me on that field. I like to learn new things and I'm looking forward to make new buddies here.

Comment

Just saying hello. Layman electronic hobbyist here. Hope I can learn a thing or two.

Comment

Hello everybody!

I am a new member. I was searching the internet for solutions after I lost both picture and sound on my LG 55pz550 3D tv. Fortunately I came across this forum and I found the answers. Thanks to a lot of members and specially "tom66" posts that directed me to the testing procedures and final fix. It was my main board that went bad and I used the "oven baking method" to get my tv working again. I am not a professional, but I am technically inclined person.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm a person working in IT. Looking forward on learning how to repair computer parts instead of just replacing it when they die.

Comment

Hello!
                                      I am here in order to get the best advice possible regarding my beloved Panasonic plasma TV. As soon as I am allowed to create new posts, I will provide as much info as I can. I would like to thank everyone in advance as I am absolutely confident we can fix that baby))

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I am an old electronics tinkerer coming back to the game after 15 years of absence. Things have changed a lot in that time.

My qualifications are in Industrial electronics and programming in Industrial software packages mainly related to Industrial automation and control.

I now find myself forced into retirement due to a work accident. So instead of the consumer approach, I now find myself back were I started, fixing things and getting things to work to save a dollar.

Fingers crossed I can learn it all again. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Comment

Hi all,

I like to work with any types of personal computers. I'm from Brisbane. I have 21 years. I wanted to join this forum.

Best regards!

Comment

Working...
                                          X