Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus X551CA no power and no led

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post

Be very careful about probing the power button connector or turning it on with tweezers - there is a 19v line right next to pin 1 (3.3v). You don't want to touch those two points together by any chance.
    useful suggestions that must be remembered

Comment

I'll check all the tips you told me, thanks a lot guys!

I'm not a pro tech, so there's any chance I can send my board to anyone of you?

I'm from Italy!
      Last edited by DS-1; 11-18-2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

try send PM @dellxps15

Comment

ISSUE RESOLVED!!!!! As i suspected the bad mosfes qm3024 was shorted, used my past experience and picked an AO7410 from a hp donor board, NOW I GOT POWER, LED LIGHTS, AND FAN SPINNING...SUCCESS!!

My problem might not be the same as your but YOUR CHARGING CIRCUIT ALWAYS HAS TO BE CHECKED FIRST when no power issues arises.
          good luck

Comment

I'm not a pro technician, so unfortunately I can't fix it by myself.

If someone could help me to fix it (I'm in Italy), that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktek View Post
              ISSUE RESOLVED!!!!! As i suspected the bad mosfes qm3024 was shorted, used my past experience and picked an AO7410 from a hp donor board, NOW I GOT POWER, LED LIGHTS, AND FAN SPINNING...SUCCESS!!

My problem might not be the same as your but YOUR CHARGING CIRCUIT ALWAYS HAS TO BE CHECKED FIRST when no power issues arises.
              good luck
              Hey Blacktek, thanks for the info. I've replaced those two mosfets: M3024M, and now I got the power light and charging light but no fan, no display. Is there more to this issue?
              Last edited by speedypro; 06-29-2016, 05:45 AM.
              Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Comment

After change this fet's my machine start to work too ,

Many thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                  Be very careful about probing the power button connector or turning it on with tweezers - there is a 19v line right next to pin 1 (3.3v). You don't want to touch those two points together by any chance.
                  I accidently touched those two point, can someone help me, which part was shorted and is it possible to fix it???

Comment

DS-1 dellxps leaves in italy he might help you , altough is a easy fix , but if you dont have the knowleddge , leave to outhers

Comment

I have basic knowlage. It's not the first time i fixed motherboards and other stuff. Those times were the simple ones, but this time I just simply don't know there to start...

Comment

DAQT6GMB8B0 hp dv5 i want bios bin file plz help

Comment

emanueslisc , if you touch the 3.3 with the 19 volts pin ass well , then you fryed the on off switch insyde SIO chip , first thing is replace SIO , after that let us know for we can help you further

Comment

Thanks, I'll try to replace it One more question: Is it possible to use x551m motherboard on x551c laptop? My friend have one.

Comment

Originally posted by highpulse View Post
                              emanueslisc , if you touch the 3.3 with the 19 volts pin ass well , then you fryed the on off switch insyde SIO chip , first thing is replace SIO , after that let us know for we can help you further
                              Yes i have made the same mistake (how did i know about it otherwise? ) and replacing the SIO/KBC fixed it, nothing else blew up.

For power on no display issue above flash BIOS, should work.
                              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Sooo, can I use x551m instead of x551c It seems that form is the same, just parameters of cpu, gpu and other changes.

Comment

Originally posted by meritosari View Post
                                  I've got the boardview and share it for this forum
                                  thanks bro

Comment

i have 2 boards, each one had PQ8807 mosfet burned, after replacement board turns on, everything works except charging.
                                    System detects charger and shows charging but no actuall charging is provided (no voltage from PL8801. ACOK and ILIM pins works as they should.
                                    I must mention that i replaced BQ24725 with new one.

Any advice?
                                    Last edited by lord; 01-23-2017, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Found it, it was the PQ8801 shorted S-D. So obvious ..

Comment

Hi.

I need you're help. I have the same laptop but the problem is very strange. If i push power button the light goes on but shuts down in 2 second. If i try it like a 100 times then maybe it booths up.

Tried replacing the power adapter but is still the same.

Maybe you can point where to look for the problem.

Thanks.

BR Cveto

Comment

I'm facing the same issue, I unplug all power sources (2032 battery included), press the power button for 30 seconds and then wait a few minutes then plug the mobo battery and DC adapter and try to turn on the laptop. It turns on for about 20 seconds, it boots the BIOS config and immediately after a few seconds it turns off and won't turn on again for about 5 hours when doing the procedure I described in the beginning of this post.

I saw a russian video on youtube that says that there are mosffets that control voltage and changing them should fix the problem but I lack the experience to do such operation.

Comment

Working...
                                          X