Comment

Re: Toshiba c660d PSC20E-00U001Y4 bios need

try this but make backup
      Attached Files
      Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Thank You!
        As many people, I froze this laptop by updating BIOS to v1.6 ***PROVIDED*** by Toshiba on their site for this Satellite C660D-19X !!!

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...0&d=1491473070

this works.. thanks

Comment

Thanks bro it dose a work 100% i check it it work
            toshiba c660d has password i program it then removed password
            thanks again

Comment

thanks ala_borbe

Comment

hello friends bios in the link did not boot does not boot if you have any other file can share

Comment

Originally posted by egelaptop View Post
                  hello friends bios in the link did not boot does not boot if you have any other file can share
                  post # 3 did you try it?
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                    post # 3 did you try it?
                    yes I tried the image is coming but it does not continue cursor flashes continuously

Comment

Post your bios.
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Extracted the ROM/BIN files (w/ 7Zip) from the original BIOS from Toshiba. They are the same (hash check) with those from post #3. For some reason the original Phoenix flash tool updated the discrete graphics BIOS version on an UMA board. Manually flashed it using RT809F programmer. Working fine.

Comment

uma works for me

Comment

Can someone post the method to reinstall the BIOS on Toshiba Satellite C660D after a failed BIOS update? What do I have to do with the rom file in post#3?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by krist View Post
                              Can someone post the method to reinstall the BIOS on Toshiba Satellite C660D after a failed BIOS update? What do I have to do with the rom file in post#3?

Thanks in advance
                              You need a programmer such as TL866ll and desoldering skills. First, find and identify your own Bios chip, desolder it (some people can use a clip, I cant) make a backup with programmer, write the bin file given here, and solder it back again, test it. If it doesn't work, try another bin, or the failure might be elsewhere, reinstall backup. Check for Bios voltage going in too, before doing all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazorca View Post
                                You need a programmer such as TL866ll and desoldering skills. First, find and identify your own Bios chip, desolder it (some people can use a clip, I cant) make a backup with programmer, write the bin file given here, and solder it back again, test it. If it doesn't work, try another bin, or the failure might be elsewhere, reinstall backup. Check for Bios voltage going in too, before doing all this.
                                Thanks for the answer. Is there a way to boot on USB stick and force failed BIOS replacement? This is for Toshiba Satellite C660D

Comment

I personally do not know how, try to google it. Most video problems on older computers are related to video card overheating, try the low heat method, 2 min at 130 degrees C. DO NOT use a heat gun, temps are waaaay to high, and do not "cook" it inside oven, youtube has lots of videos doing that.

Comment

The problem comes from a failed bios update. This is why I want to know if this is possible to reinstall bios from a USB stick.

Comment

As others here, I flashed my Toshiba with wrong BIOS version. C660D-14C. I was stupid enough to flash with a BIOS from the Toshiba website for a slightly different model (C660D-14V vs. 14C). Restarted to a blank screen
                                      Reflashed with the UMA BIOS version from Ala Borbe. Worked like a charm! Thank you, bro

@ Krist: I don't know if you can flash with a USB stick. I reflashed with a CH341a programmer. Google it or PM me if you need more info.

Comment

Thanks ala_borbe, it work.

Comment

Working...
                                        X