Samsung S24D360HL White-Black-White-Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung S24D360HL White-Black-White-Black

I have Samsung S24D360HL digital monitor and the other day when powered on it went White-Black-White-Black etc... but each time I could see the video was there but the "on/off" cycle continues. So I'm certain video signal is arriving and being processed.

I checked the power supply, power seemed good, checked a few caps near the power input but not seeing any open/shorts etc.

Tried to find a schematic but no joy.

Seen this? Any recommendation regarding possible TS process or a root cause? Happy to post any additional information or answer any questions.

Many thanks in advance, whatever the final outcome!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mslupczynski; 03-11-2021, 04:05 PM.

Re: Samsung S24D360HL White-Black-White-Black

Was the voltage at the output of the power supply measured with the connected board (with a load)?

Comment

Great point. In fact, it was not. I know what I need to check.

Thank you.

Comment

Are you saying the picture goes WHITE, then DARK. or does it go PROPER VIDEO then DARK? I suspect you have a backlight issue, likely a bad led in the panel.

Comment

Thanks for helping me clarify.

Once the monitor is powered on...the screen goes from good video to dark in a never ending succession. The good video is as normal and clear as could be.

Comment

Try turning down the brightness to see if the picture stays on longer, I suspect there is a bad led in the panel causing the backlight circuit to over voltage or under current error.

Comment

For whatever reason I'm unable to take control or interrupt the vid to no-vid sequence with the external controls. I can power on/off but it seems like the external controls are not available during this on/off process.

Comment

Working...
              X