Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soniq E40S12A-AU Stuck In Standby

I see, thank you for clarifying....

So, with the set plugged in & switched on, I put the black lead/plug to ground & the red to each pin of the connectors?

Comment

That's correct with meter set to dc.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Ok, so my cheap LCR Tester (TC1) arrived & I have been playing with that instead of measuring those voltages we spoke of sorry; I may still need to take those voltage readings at the CN connectors, but first:

After getting some suspect readings with my TC1 from some of the components on the Power Board, I unscrewed the board to look at the back of it, & there is something in particular that looks wrong to me. I have circled the area in question on the attached images & would really appreciate your thoughts.....

The two +12V Pins On CN201 seem to have a big chunky bit of solder attached to them; plus, are the two +12V pins supposed to soldered together like that?

Please see attached; either way, I will be replacing some of the capacitors on this board next....!

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Actually, it probably is normal; two of the three +24V pins on CN203 seem to be connected/soldered together also..., mmmm.....

I'll come back with Voltage readings from these connectors in the next day or so......

Comment

all pins normal 12v and 24v. you wrote, it power on displaying splash screen then screen go black then back to red standby.

do the following, disconnect the LED backlight socket from the backlight driver ( white color socket ) then power on the tv... just remark if it stay on or it back to stand by... if it back to standby just power it again with remote control..

Comment

Thank you so much for your input Diah...

I just need to clarify which one the Backlight Driver is; is it the board down the bottom of Photo 01, or the board at the top left of Photo 02?

There is a white chord going from a white plug/socket on the bottom board to a white plug/socket on the top left board; I suspect you might be telling me to unplug it from the top left board???

Please see the attached photos
              Attached Files

Comment

Actually, when I say the bottom of Photo 01, I mean the top of Photo 01; rotation wasn't preserved.....

Comment

Now I'm thinking you might be talking about the White Socket to the far left of the top left board in Photo 02. The chord travels up from this one to the top of the TV somewhere?

I have attached a close-up image of the connector on the top left board; the connector is circled in red..... I am not even sure if this board is the Backlight Driver; please enlighten me
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Eggbert43 View Post
                    I have attached a close-up image of the connector on the top left board; the connector is circled in red.....
                    yes this socket, its LED backlight which it goes to the led behind the screen.

Comment

Ok brilliant, will test & report back shortly....

Comment

Powering up with that connector disconnected results in the exact same behaviour/symptoms, except the splash screen doesn't flash on for a split second.

An interesting development which I should've noticed earlier, is that there is a faint image on the screen when I hold a torch up to it & I can navigate the menus etc

I should've noticed this earlier, because I can navigate the menus with a torch regardless of whether or not the LED Backlight connector is plugged in or not.

Most of all, I now know that the TV isn't turning off & returning to standby.
                        The redlight disappears once the TV has booted, & only reappears as a solid red if I press the power button.
                        I apologise for originally miscommunicating the symptoms; for some reason I assumed the TV was switching off.

I hope this tells you more than it did me, because I'm not even sure if any of this is good or bad news; in terms of difficulty to fix, or at least diagnose further?

Comment

If the backlights flash and then go off and with or without them connected you can navigate the menu on the screen then you probably have a led(s) or led connector fault.

Also with the led connector in place if the backlights flash you should see the voltage peak at switch-on if you measure the led connector pin voltage to chassis.
                          Repeat the measuement for each pin with the set being switched on out of standdy.
                          Last edited by dick_barton; 04-17-2021, 03:23 AM.
                          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks mate, an LED fault sounds bad, costly, difficult to remedy....

Is the LED Connector the one I disconnected for diagnosis/testing purposes just now; the one I circled in my most recent attachment?

Comment

An interesting development which I should've noticed earlier, is that there is a faint image on the screen when I hold a torch up to it & I can navigate the menus etc
                              this what i first expected there are error at the fault description. this why i asked you if red led come on just power it on again with remote.

now do this,
                              put back the socket of the led back. and turn on the set.. when the screen turn black just unplug the socket on the inverter boards ( 24V supply , the big one ) and plug it in again fast. the led backlight will come on again.. this tell us you have led backlight issue need to repair.

Comment

Thanks Diah, I really appreciate your help!

I just did as suggested, but quickly removing & plugging in the big connector on the Inverter Board did not bring the backlight back on

Comment

Thanks Diah, I really appreciate your help!

I just did as suggested, but quickly removing & plugging in the big connector on the Inverter Board did not bring the backlight back on
                                  you need to read he voltage as following on the led socket we talked on before.
                                  put yours digital meter on DC 200V
                                  you have on the socket
                                  pin 1 VCC and then led-1 /led-2 ( put the meter red probe on the VCC and the black on led-1 then turn on the tv record the voltage you get when tv displaying splash screen and with out.. do the same to the led-2 )

same way you do for the another group VCC pin 5 and led -1/led-2
                                  all test should be when you turn on the set, post here here your reading with label
                                  VCC pin 1 ----led -1 pin 2=
                                  VCC pin 1 ----led -2 pin 3=

VCC pin 5 ----led -3 pin 6=
                                  VCC pin 5 ----led -4 pin 7=
                                  Last edited by Diah; 04-17-2021, 04:52 AM.

Comment

VCC (Pin 1) >> LED 1 (Pin 2) = 37V Powering On & 4.0V Post Boot
                                    VCC (Pin 1) >> LED 2 (Pin 3) = 65V Powering On & 4.6V Post Boot
                                    VCC (Pin 5) >> LED 3 (Pin 6) = 10V Powering On & 4.0V Post Boot
                                    VCC (Pin 5) >> LED 4 (Pin 7) = 63V Powering On & 4.0V Post Boot

My Digital Multimeter is very basic, & the Voltage readings when powering up were flashed for a split second, before calming down to the post boot readings....

LED 3 had to be attempted many times due to not giving any reading at all when powering up; so she seems very suspect.

I also know that LED 2 gave a 72V reading on one occasion.....

Thoughts?

Comment

backlight issue. need to take screen apart to start repair

Comment

VCC (Pin 1) >> LED 1 (Pin 2) = 37V Powering On & 4.0V Post Boot
                                        VCC (Pin 1) >> LED 2 (Pin 3) = 65V Powering On & 4.6V Post Boot
                                        VCC (Pin 5) >> LED 3 (Pin 6) = 10V Powering On & 4.0V Post Boot
                                        VCC (Pin 5) >> LED 4 (Pin 7) = 63V Powering On & 4.0V Post Boot

My Digital Multimeter is very basic, & the Voltage readings when powering up were flashed for a split second, before calming down to the post boot readings....

LED 3 had to be attempted many times due to not giving any reading at all when powering up; so she seems very suspect.

I also know that LED 2 gave a 72V reading on one occasion.....

Thoughts?
                                        you can try slide out the wire of this pin out from the sockets, be sure to cover it with type so didn't make contact with chassis then turn on the tv hope the reset will turn on so you can use the tv for awhile.

Comment

Very interesting idea, will definitely try it....

LED 1 is a concern also though.... Can it really work with only 3 LEDs? 2 LEDs even?

Comment

Working...
                                          X