LG 49UH668V Blank screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 49UH668V Blank screen

I can only go by reviews from Trustpilot in the Uk to form an opinion and if 88% of reviews say don't deal with them it would be unwise to ignore them. I don't think its negativity but common sense.

This tv was on its way to the tip, so I asked if I could have a look to see if I could repair it as I hate to see technology thrown away that could be saved.

I really appreciate the great help I've had from people on this site in trying to help me do just that.

Comment

I have 120 orders off Aliexpress the majority which are TV parts and they have my credit card on file. They are just a marketplace like ebay with thousands of sellers. You can find tcon boards and power supply boards there as well and lots of sellers of LED strips. Just make sure you pay a bit more for Aliexpress standard shipping which has tracking. Otherwise you may find the same sellers on ebay.

Comment

I'm going with neilc6 on this one : https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.aliexpress.com

Comment

Ebay has better guarantees so if an ebay seller is close in price with ali then thats the way to go. There is a shit-ton of sellers on ali and of course they are not all reputable. Tip for ebay shopping...read customer reviews/feedback.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-15-2021, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runlinc View Post
            Aliexpress has an 88% bad rating on Trustpilot in the UK !!!!!!!!
            I've spent quite a bit of money with Aliexpress over the years, I'm not sure how they get that rating. A new full set is around £17 delivered from Ali, or £50 if you order from a middle man off ebay. I had a set of LEDs turn up this week, they took 10 days to get here.

Comment

I suspect this a European version of the 49UH6100.

If true, likely bad LEDs!
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Go figure, you pay 49 we pay 29 bucks U.S.: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...H668V&_sacat=0

Comment

The problem with ratings are you cannot rely on them. Some companies are paid to add good/bad reviews and this has been highlighted in the UK press and TV.

I have used Aliexpress over the last few years and found them to date to be reliable and pretty quick in delivery. Generally I receive my orders in around 10 days.

If the items were to go faulty then I am unsure of what to do but luckily what I have purchased over the years I have not had any problems with.
                  Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    Go figure, you pay 49 we pay 29 bucks U.S.: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...H668V&_sacat=0
                    The £49 is for strips in the UK not ordering from China.

Comment

Right, I was comparing U.S. ebay and U.K. ebay prices in that post.

Comment

Working...
                      X