Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus Rog GL702VS

Hi,
    After some troubleshooting with a computer and some components replacements I ended up with the laptop turning on, but no screen response. I downloaded a dump files from internet and flashed it and now the screen turns on (backlight) but the image is black. Also if you plug a USB drive is will start blinking (that was not happening before).
    I was hoping if someone could point me in the right direction here about how to get the right Dump files to flash. Here I am attaching the original files I had before flashing the roms, the files I flashed and the Bios file as downloaded from the ASUS website (the one installed before being in that state, the BIOS update was not the cause of the initial fault). Checking with the UEFI Tool I could see that the ME Region of the original file and the one I flashed are different, but I am not sure how important it is.
    Thanks in advance if someone can help me keep learning about it.
    Attached Files

Re: Asus Rog GL702VS

Try this file and report back.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mazorca View Post
      Try this file and report back.
      Thanks for your help!
      I flashed it. Then I plugged it in, the screen turned on and off a few time, two or three, and then stayed on (on backlight and black image) and the usb drive lights.
      Before flashing your file I did flash also the old EC because I was testing it. Do I need to use the old or the new I got from internet? It does not look like it makes a difference.
      Thanks again.

Comment

I did flash the original EC and it did the same thing. Well, I guess because I already booted with your file the screen just went on and off once very quick. Black image and USB drive on. Here I am attaching the bios dump from the chip after the boot, in case it is important.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by samolo75 View Post
          I did flash the original EC and it did the same thing. Well, I guess because I already booted with your file the screen just went on and off once very quick. Black image and USB drive on. Here I am attaching the bios dump from the chip after the boot, in case it is important.
          post a good clear picture of the white/green motherboard sticker with the barcode/QR code on it .
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I used the ME Region from repositories, and the Bios region from the update, built with the FIT tool. I don't know enough about EC, so I don't mess with it. I don't know how to get the DMI from your original bios, that might be the problem, it contains your info. Do as SMDFlea says, he is our guru.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              post a good clear picture of the white/green motherboard sticker with the barcode/QR code on it .
              Here it is the picture. I think this is the sticker you were asking for. The sticker outside on the bottom cover it says GL207VS-BA007T. The sticker on the motherboard you can see it on the picture.
              Thanks for the help
              Attached Files
              Last edited by samolo75; 04-17-2021, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazorca View Post
                I used the ME Region from repositories, and the Bios region from the update, built with the FIT tool. I don't know enough about EC, so I don't mess with it. I don't know how to get the DMI from your original bios, that might be the problem, it contains your info. Do as SMDFlea says, he is our guru.
                Very much appreciated. I hope I manage to do that stuff myself some day.

Comment

Try this one.
                  Attached Files
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                    Try this one.
                    It went back to the previous state where the screen does not turn on. Now it goes on, NVVDD goes up to 0.81V, after a few seconds it goes down to 0.70V, 3 more seconds it goes off, then back on to 0.81V, then 0.70V and stays there with the screen being off and no USB light (usb drive connected). The same as before touching the BIOS.

With Mazorca's firmware it goes on, NVVDD up to 0.81V, then 0.70V and after 10 seconds or so the screen goes on (with black image) and the USB lights up, and stays there.

I tried with both EC files and it does not change.
                    Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X