SOYO K8USA Bios Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOYO K8USA Bios Needed

I have one of these boards that does not post. I see no bad caps or damage, wonder if anyone has a copy of the bios for this one or a bios chip?

I have searched the web, but all the sites resolve to soyo, which of course is long gone.

(I know the existing shiny foil caps are caps are low quality)

Re: SOYO K8USA Bios Needed

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BIOS/Soyo/
    try that?

Comment

Is that the whole model name?
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
        Thanks for the suggestion. Here's what happens..
        Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.soyo.com.tw.

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
          Is that the whole model name?
          The board is labelled Soyo Dragon Ultra. It uses ALI M1673 (raid) chipset. The Bios I have seen available is Soyo SY-K8USA DRAGON Ultra BLACK LABEL Bios 2aa5. This is a socket 754 board.

I am going to try to get this thing to boot again today. I'll locate my post card and let you know the results.

Comment

www.soyo.com.cn is still alive, but an uphill battle unless you read Chinese

From what I could glean, only support there is Intel, AMD & nVidia chipset boards

Link from shovenose refers to file 8USA2AA5.EXE, but Google for that name appears wild goose chase, majority linking to shonkware or to www.soyo.com.tw

DriverGuide site appears to have that file, if you don't mind paying their ransom

Or try Wayback Machine, although I had no luck after a few minutes effort
            Last edited by pfrcom; 11-18-2011, 05:37 PM.
            better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Thanks to all, I got lucky here: http://forums.ocworkbench.com/showthread.php?t=7259.

This is Bios 2AA3: http://www.ocworkbench.com/2004/arch...b/8usa2aa3.bin

Thanks PFRCOM for the Chinese Link.

I found on the wayback machine: http://web.archive.org/web/200512011...om.tw/dl/bios/

This has the AA1 & AA2 Bioses for the K8USA, also has most K7 and P4 bioses, but you have to somehow tie the filename to the bios you are looking for.
              Last edited by bigbeark; 11-18-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbeark View Post
                This has the AA1 & AA2 Bioses for the K8USA
                I tried your link, clicked its K8 directory, and found AA1 through AA5 at http://web.archive.org/web/200512022...tw/dl/bios/k8/

I downloaded AA3 through AA5, in case you have no success
                better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Hi Pfrcom, I saw those AA3 through AA5 there, but when I click on them, the Apache server is not able to access them.

You got the actual files?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbeark View Post
                    You got the actual files?
                    Went to attach them for you, discovered I'd downloaded "8usa2aa3.exe.htm" etc.

My apologies - the perils of doing Save Link As

Comment

The connection has timed out

The server at www.soyo.com.tw is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
                      moments.
                      If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
                      connection.
                      If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
                      that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

----------------------------------------------------

The DNS exists! LOL! So it instead looks just like being blocked by a firewall!
                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

@bigbeark - Did you get the K8USA to work ?

If so, attached an AA5 I got from a Chinese site - and I don't read Chinese, so couldn't tell what the site said about it

No assurances - all I know 7Zip extracted contents from the original EXE without issue, Avast anti-virus didn't object to anything, and I re-Zipped to make an acceptable attachment
                        Attached Files

Comment

I ordered a new BIOS chip but it made no difference. Thanks for the file, will attempt to do a BIOS update using the old BIOS chip, assuming I can get it to post.

My EVGA 939 SLI board just started dieing at Bios Code C1. What did I see right beside the RAM? EVERCON 16v 100uf caps! So I decided, what the hell, replace all the EVERCONs. I was amazed that the board booted after doing this!!

The SOYO is covered with the very same shiny crap caps.

When I get a chance I will replace them all. Lot of work for an obsolete board, but victory is sweet!
                          Last edited by bigbeark; 08-21-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X