Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell inspiron 1525 New Battery not charging

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
    first try a different ac adapter, then you can either replace the daughterboard with the dc jack or try running the jumper wire as seen in the picture above. you've got to access the bios and see if the ac adapter is recognized. when you disassemble this model you have to be careful of that little ribbon cable going to the power button, it gets damages easily.
    Thank you for reply. I have damaged this cable and replaced it with new board with cable attached. Still the same thing is happening. Again i have bought brand new motherboard.

I have the old motherboard and will try to test the components in the power supply circuit as described in the other posts on this subject.

Comment

Hi, update on this. Changed the Power button board, and voila, everything is working now.
      Thank You for your help.

Comment

Thank you 3d0 it worked

Comment

It's amazing that every time I have the strangest PCB issues I think to myself, "there's no way someone posted something on badcaps about it", and I'm wrong every time! I had the same problem with an Inspiron 1545 after replacing the DC jack, the fix is the same as in the picture only you need to jump PIN 7 instead of PIN 5.

Badcaps, you did it again!
          "You can only learn so much doing simple recapping and fixes. Ideally you want a really hard one to fix where you end up with a lot of dead ends and frustration. Then, and only then, do you learn how things really work."

-retiredcaps

Comment

Registered to say a massive thanks for this post. Helped me out knowing what the centre pin was supposed to be connected to. Just ordered a new DC board.

Puncake

Comment

Working...
            X