Oukitel C8 won't power on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oukitel C8 won't power on

The phone got wet and the friend (his phone) has put it in rice to dry. After that he said it was working on battery but it couldn't charge.
    I disassembled it and cleaned the motherboard with 96% alcohol but i couldn't get it on. I tried to charge it's battery on another phone but it doesn't go above 3.83V when I measure it with the multimeter. I tried a battery from a Samsung phone which works fine but couldn't power it on. I measured with the multimeter that there is 5.2V coming from the charging port so I guess the port is fine, but there is no 4.2V on the positive pin of the battery, there is no voltage at all. When the battery is in I can measure voltage on some pins on chips and capacitors, 4.05V~ but I don't know what to look for exactly. Wanted to lift the 2 metal pieces which cover some chips but it's soldered to the board and no way to, probably with a hot gun only which I don't have right now but could get it. Nothing is getting hot while on charger or battery.
    Any ideas what could I try? And yeah, as you see, I don't know much about it.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Oukitel C8 won't power on

if its seen by computer install drivers and reflash software. if not = rip
    Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Working...
    X