Toshiba 37E200U gets power but no pic and no sound. No 12V and No 24V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 37E200U gets power but no pic and no sound. No 12V and No 24V

Hi and let me prematurely thank you for taking some time and looking at my post lol.

What it does: Green LED turns on and optical audio port does light up red when powered on.
    It does get 5V standby out from power supply board to main board.
    Also no fluctuations on voltage regulator readings.

What it doesnt: make any audible cue that its been turned on
    Get any back light or sound
    Show any 12V or 24v signal from power supply.

Absolutely no bulging caps or any sign of them being off or burnt. What do i check for this lack of 12v and 24v?

Re: Toshiba 37E200U gets power but no pic and no sound. No 12V and No 24V

Hi AxelSpott -

Can you post a clear picture of your TV SMPS board? What is the SMPS board model number?

Disconnect the power cable between the SMPS and the main board. Measure the resistance of +12V & +24V pins relative to ground, are they shorted out to ground?

On the cold side, there should be some rectifying diodes, are any of those diodes shorted when you test them with your DMM in diode mode?

If you can identify the PS_ON signal, can you jump it with a 100k resistor between +5V_STBY and the PS_ON pin? Does this make the +12V/+24V turn on?
    Last edited by ngth82; 12-02-2019, 02:51 PM.
    -Thomas
    I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Also use the search▼ above, there are a few other threads on this model.
      Check if you have PWR voltage on P802 pin 13. It should be around 3.6 volts
      Last edited by R_J; 12-02-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Can you post a good clear straight shot picture of your powerboard, and a good shot of P802 where connector goes?

Comment

Hi everyone and thank you for the replies, i had a late Thanksgiving trip i was on. Do i need to post a new thread to upload my pics or is there a way to post them to the comments here?

Comment

Originally posted by AxelSpott View Post
            Hi everyone and thank you for the replies, i had a late Thanksgiving trip i was on. Do i need to post a new thread to upload my pics or is there a way to post them to the comments here?

Add a new post to this thread. Do not start a new thread.
            Attach photos, do not insert a photo into the post. Look at the Manage Attachments button. You should see this if you click on the "Go Advanced" when you want to reply.
            Last edited by ngth82; 12-05-2019, 10:53 AM.
            -Thomas
            I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Working...
            X