philips lcd tv 40PFS5709

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: philips lcd tv 40PFS5709

It's like a computer. If the operating program has driver installed for the used wirelles, it will work. If the computer does not work, you can install the necessary driver. It is not possible on the television. It works with wirelles given by the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
      It's like a computer. If the operating program has driver installed for the used wirelles, it will work. If the computer does not work, you can install the necessary driver. It is not possible on the television. It works with wirelles given by the manufacturer.
      of course you need tp plug the delivered receiver with mouse or key board in tv to make it work..

about driver no need at all ... over all TV system either Mobile system.. they can function because all designed under ONE licensees ( PLUG AND PLAY )

Comment

The complete service manual for your TV-model is free to download from this page:
        https://www.electronica-pt.com/esque...ileinfo/66102/
        Note that the chassis covers many different models, so look up your specific model in table 2-1 to see which sections of the manual are relevant for you.

If the previous comment about the NAND being corrupted or worn out is correct, then the Linux OS has lost at least one of the filesystems and probably isn't booting correctly.
        If the Linux system doesn't boot, then you don't get drivers loaded for things like USB HID, which means mouse and keyboard.
        The "NAND" is actually an eMMC (Samsung KLM4G1FE3B-B001), which essentially means that the chip contains both a NAND and an onboard microcontroller that simplifies integration of the chip into the rest of your device (this is excellent for ISP capability).

This chassis doesn't seem to have a UART to the main processor that can be listened to with a serial-TTL adapter.
        As far as I can tell, it only has the Philips ComPair technician's interface, which seems to be I2C.
        Or are the ComPair pins dual function; I2C and UART?
        I'm only familiar with the later Philips models that have the larger DEBUG-port, which contains both UART and I2C for all the processors on the system board.

If there is no serial output on your model then that's too bad, because if you had access to the serial boot-output of the main processor, you would get error-messages that tell you exactly what's wrong.

The upg-files are encrypted collections of several flash memories inside the device, so you can't easily access the contents of one specific memory from that file.
        The "solution" is to have a backup in advance of each flash memory chip in your TV, or to find a working dump from another model with the same chassis.
        This dump must be written into a new NAND-chip with a tool like the iFix RT809H, and that chip will then replace the old one on your system board.
        There is an "Eeprom dump thread!" on this forum where you can beg for a working dump.
        The eMMC chip is a 153FBGA package, which is not easy to solder for an amateur, and the ZIF-sockets for BGA are kind of pricey so it would be cheaper to do in-system programming (ISP) with the RT809H.

In your photo of the back sticker of the TV, you can see a series of numeric codes in the bottom right corner, labelled "option codes".
        These codes tell the system board exactly what features are present in your TV-model.
        There is a process described in the service manual for replacing the system board, and in that process is a step for entering the option codes.
        In case you manage to get hold of a working dump and replace the eMMC, or find a replacement system board (preferably one with a new eMMC already on it), then this is the process you need to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Maalobs View Post
          If the Linux system doesn't boot, then you don't get drivers loaded !!!!!!!

This chassis doesn't seem to have a UART to the main processor......!!!!!!!
          As far as I can tell, it only has the Philips ComPair technician's interface, which seems to be I2C.
          Or are the ComPair pins dual function; I2C and UART?
          I'm only familiar with the later Philips models that have the larger DEBUG-port,.
          where are your points if you are not familiar with UART on this model.. as i wrote i did .. and with usb to TTL ... no need serial socket.. this model it had service point.. with GND RX & TX. always i use free program ( Realterm ) which better than what just you read on SM need ComPair and it suitable to all kind of TV or other platform.

the last things his NVM Okay.. there are nothing called NAND corruption. if it had one bad sector then his TV will never come this stage hear Radio on it.

any way we all like to fix issue with less spending and not use easy way to replace boards when it can be fixed.. wrong judgment from behind the screen and you never had this set before under yours hand will cost only OP more.

Comment

Please enlighten me; where is the serial connector?
            Does it operate at TTL- or at RS232-levels?
            I have seen questions about this era of models on a Swedish forum where it would had been really helpful to inspect the Linux serial output, but the owners weren't able to experiment to find out if, how and where to find the serial TXD.
            Is it connector CN412?
            From the diagrams it looks like CN412 has the pullups for I2C.

On the QFU1.2E, there was no Bluetooth RC or USB HID available until Linux had booted, since those were features that were operated by the OS.
            The only input that worked for me while running on the 8051 standby processor was infrared, and rudimentary USB storage for the emergency upgrade mode.

I wasn't the one who claimed his NAND is corrupt, that was a comment made by someone else earlier in the thread.
            I simply expanded on ways to move forward in case that claim was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Maalobs View Post
              Please enlighten me; where is the serial connector
              its standard TTL function GND / RX / TX any USB to TTL work on it..

you gave before link to download SM .. if it was correct to this OP chassis 5700 series then you can see the service point U. on it.. or let the OP upload photo on the rear back cover connection area to see it.

Comment

Working...
              X