Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CyberPower 1350AVR - Repair

Originally posted by RETUSNET View Post
    I just wanted to add that I had the same problem with my CyberPower 1350AVR and replacing C1 fixed it.

What started as looking for a schematic or suggestion as to how to test the charging circuit ended up finding the repair. Thank you Plastcirelic.
    Yes! My 1350AVR same problem, same repair, C1 22uf 50V. I actually ordered C1, C3 and C6 as well as the Viper chip, but, while waiting for them to arrive, checked ESR on the caps. C1 was bad, C3 & C6 good. Pulled C1 - it measured 460 nF instead of 22 uF. Substituted a 22 uF 160V (no 22uF 50V on hand).
    Had to solder on wires (and heat shrink) and lay the cap on the board elsewhere as its diameter is bigger than a 50v same value cap. Works fine now. (If I had the other caps would have replaced them, too.) With thanks to those who posted the solution here! Ed

Comment

If your battery isn't charging, usually you can just replace the small cap C1 22uF 50V next to the VIPER22 chip. The VIPER chip has thermal shutdown protection so shouldn't burn itself up. I tested C2 and C3 on my mine and they were fine.

You may notice a very high pitch sound from your UPS if C1 is bad.

Comment

Working...
      X