LG 60PZ550-UA with color gradient problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PZ550-UA with color gradient problems

I have an LG 60PZ550-UA plasma TV that has problems correctly displaying certain (not all) color gradients. It is most noticeable in certain shades of blue, brown, and skin tones. I also have an LG 50PT350-UD plasma TV that has nothing wrong with it that I am comparing with. I am including five sets of images. I fed both TV via HDMI with the same videos/movies and took pictures of the same area of each screen. I labeled them "Good Example # (LG 50PT350-UD)" and "Bad Example # (LG 60PZ550-UA)". Each set is numbered from 2 to 6 where the "#" is in the filename.
    The problem is present in the OSD (blue gradients mainly) and all inputs. When I jumper the logic board all the test screens look fine. The Va & Vs voltages are where they should be.
    Does anyone know of any plasma TV books/training manuals/service manuals that can help me understand better how the LVDS signals are processed in route to the plasma display? I have the service manual for this TV, but it covered the mainboard and PSB mostly.
    Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!!!!
    (((For some reason the images of the ladies got rotated when I uploaded them.
    Attached Files

Re: LG 60PZ550-UA with color gradient problems

If its good colours with the logic board test then I suspect it the BGA at issue under the main processor on the mainboard. Apply heat with a hair dryer then turn the TV on to confirm.

Comment

Re: LG 60PZ550-UA with color gradient problems

Thanks diif for the suggestion. I will try and reflow the balls.

Comment

Working...
      X