Queen coffee CQ MN-2 Heating element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Queen coffee CQ MN-2 Heating element

I would replace the float only if it has water inside it. But they only sell the entire tank assembly 1204015.
    It is more likely to have mineral deposits - lime, calcium, sand that is jamming it. Or someone dropped something inside, like coffee grinds, paper etc.
    Flip it upside down! Try cleaning it with descaler (avkalkningsmedel).

Comment

I was too slow posting, like rewire said...
      It may be sticking do to calcium buildup, or something is warped due to heat. Also check the force it takes to press the micro switch just in case it's actuator is sticking, not likely but worth checking.
      Last edited by R_J; 07-20-2022, 04:16 PM.

Comment

These kind of restaurant big coffee brewers used to be mainstream at Tim Hortons (BUNN), in the morning drive-through rush it must be 10kW+ of electricity used by them all. New coffee machines are now computer controlled and make yucky tasting coffee. You should see the programming menu.
        So this one of OP's is nicely not super complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
          These kind of restaurant big coffee brewers used to be mainstream at Tim Hortons (BUNN), in the morning drive-through rush it must be 10kW+ of electricity used by them all. New coffee machines are now computer controlled and make yucky tasting coffee. You should see the programming menu.
          It's true what you said that someone poured something in the water tank my neighbor asked me to look at it because someone in his job accidentally poured some kind of farin then the machine died first when I tested it worked but then it just died. now thanks to all your help the machine is back up and running and i know the problem in case it dies one more time. but one last question : why is there no fuse on this machine ?

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
            that's like 42 amps .must have its own circuit .

Comment

The machine needs no fuse of its own - the branch circuit breaker 13A or 10A is expected to trip if there is a fault. The safety standard requires all the wires (power cord, plug, inside wires) to handle enough fault current to trip the circuit breaker, and not be capable of starting a fire inside.
              The Coffee Queen of Sweden manual says nothing about safety approvals, even CE.

Here people grab a coffee on their morning commute, perhaps it's tea in the UK.
              The 10kW is the 5-7 machines brewing non-stop at the drive-through for the morning rush. I realized that is a ton of electricity used heating water fast. Then there are the ovens toasting bagels and stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X