GTX 1070 Last Set of PCIe Caps Open Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX 1070 Last Set of PCIe Caps Open Line

Quick question, confirming my suspicions, i have a card with the last set PCIe caps on the card measuring open line in diode mode.

Is this repairable?

The card is not recognised in my AM4 test PC in the x16 slot.

Card works fine in a PCIe x4 slot, boots and runs without issue. Never works in an X16 slot.

Thanks.

Re: GTX 1070 Last Set of PCIe Caps Open Line

PCIe caps are often 0.1uf 0402 in size. Voltage of 16v or higher is fine. Just replace them if they are defective.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      PCIe caps are often 0.1uf 0402 in size. Voltage of 16v or higher is fine. Just replace them if they are defective.
      Sorry , i think i badly phrased my question. I am checking the PCIe lanes, measuring them in diode mode from the GPU side of the caps. I'm don't think I'm measuring the caps, just the connection to the GPU on each of the lanes?

Comment

It is possible that the x16 lane slot is designed to support only x16 lane adapters. We have seen this where our x1 lane PCIe adapters would not get detected in the x16 lane slot. The vendor, Lenovo claimed that the slot was hard coded for only video cards (Class ID is used here) and for x16 width. Just a FYI but you can ask their tech support for a confirmation.

Comment

Working...
        X