Apple MacBook Air 820-00165 no PPVCC S0 CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple MacBook Air 820-00165 no PPVCC S0 CPU

Hi all, I am working on a MacBook Air Logic board 820-00165-A. I am getting all the main voltages 8.5, 3.3, 5.0 Voltages but I am missing the PPVCC S0 CPU 1.5v. I checked on L7310 & L7320, no voltage on the output of these inductors & due to this there is no fan spin. The Magesafe jack LED indicator are correct. I get PP5V_S0 VCC voltage on both U7310 & U7320 but no phase (pin 8) on these chip. I do not measure any kind of shorting, all seems to be fine. Can anyone help, totally lost....
    Last edited by mferna14; 09-17-2019, 04:38 PM.

Re: Apple MacBook Air 820-00165 no PPVCC S0 CPU

ALL_SYS_PWRGD? CPU_VCCST_PWRGD?

If the fan is not spinning you're probably missing something else… Go down the list of power rail again to see what's present and what's missing.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thanks, Q8150 has liquid spill green corrosion on the pins, I have no idea why, this is why all pin got rusty. I replaced Q8150 but still no luck. Upon more diagnostic, as you told me I checked the voltages on CPU_VCCST_PWRGD & ALL_SYS_PWRGD_R... NO 3.3v or 1.5v. Upon more microscopic observation I & checked the circuit lines continuity of Q8150., I got a broken trace circuit on pin 5 of Q8150 & R8153. I joined the lines & all happy Mac once again. Thanks for the help. All works fine

Comment

Hello, I have the same problem, but I am not sure what is wrong, I suspect PP3V3_S0 because it has a voltage of 0.5V, but I also do not have a voltage in ALL_SYS_PWRGD
        I leave my readings in Q8150
        pin1:_0.77V
        pin2:_Unconnected
        pin3:_0.11V
        pin4:_0.10V
        pin5:_1.10V
        pin6:_3.16V
        pin7:_0.16V
        pin8:_Unconnected
        I hope you can help me.

Comment

Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode.

Measure the resistance to ground of PP3V3_S0.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
            Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode.

Measure the resistance to ground of PP3V3_S0.

The meter gives me a measurement of 9.4K with respect to GND

Comment

Ok. Good. So you do not have a short on this rail.

See attached. Confirm the voltage values of points 1, 2 and 3.
              Attached Files

Comment

I found rust in that area in that area
                Attached Files

Comment

Pin 1 and 3: 0.51V

pin 2: 0V

I measured it without cleaning the rusty area

Comment

See attached.

Confirm the voltage of EN2 (P3V3S5_EN_R) pin # 21 on U7501.

Clean up the area with alcohol to see if this improves the readings.
                    Attached Files

Comment

See attached.

Confirm the voltage of EN2 (P3V3S5_EN_R) pin # 21 on U7501.

Clean up the area with alcohol to see if this improves the readings.
                      confirm the voltage on EN2 (P3V3S5_EN_R) pin # 21: 3.41V

I will cleanup and confirm

Comment

Good ENABLE voltage for U7501 yet the output is still not valid.

Confirm the voltage @ L7560, pin # 2 (PP3V3_S5_REG_R).

If this voltage is not ~3v3, check for a short on this rail as follows:

a) Remove all power.

b) Meter in resistance mode.

c) Check the resistance to ground of L7560, pin # 2 (PP3V3_S5_REG_R).

Comment

Good ENABLE voltage for U7501 yet the output is still not valid.

Confirm the voltage @ L7560, pin # 2 (PP3V3_S5_REG_R).

If this voltage is not ~3v3, check for a short on this rail as follows:

a) Remove all power.

b) Meter in resistance mode.

c) Check the resistance to ground of L7560, pin # 2 (PP3V3_S5_REG_R).
                          Confirm voltage on L7560 pin # 2 (PP3V3_S5_REG_R) : 3.31V

Comment

Confirm the voltage of PP3V3_S5 to be sure that it matches your last posted voltage. Check at multiple locations on the logic board.

Comment

Confirm the voltage of PP3V3_S5 to be sure that it matches your last posted voltage. Check at multiple locations on the logic board.
                              i check all sites on board and all give me 3.3V

Comment

Check the voltage again for U8030. Earlier post has this at ~0 volts.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Check the voltage again for U8030. Earlier post has this at ~0 volts.
                                  I cleaned the oxidized area and the capacitor came out in pieces, now it gives me 0V, or it has no continuity

Comment

Ok - you have at least a broken trace to this load switch.

This part (U8030) is acting like a solid state relay. When the C2 pin (EN) is logic high (~3 volts), this switch will pass the INPUT voltage (pins A2/B2) to the OUTPUT (pins A1/B1).

However, the PP3V3_S5 rail is not reaching this IC.

Need to check the P3V3S0_EN at other locations on the logic board.

What is the voltage ?

So in summary, P3V3S0_EN = ~3v3 volts & PP3V3_S5 = ~3v3 => will turn on this switch to power downstream devices which are required.

Comment

This part (U8030) is acting like a solid state relay. When the C2 pin (EN) is logic high (~3 volts), this switch will pass the INPUT voltage (pins A2/B2) to the OUTPUT (pins A1/B1).

What is the voltage ?

So in summary, P3V3S0_EN = ~3v3 volts & PP3V3_S5 = ~3v3 => will turn on this switch to power downstream devices which are required.
                                      Voltage on P3V3S0_EN = 3.3V
                                      i will resold and clean U8030 and put the new capacitor (C8030)

Edit: the rail on (C8030) pin#1 whit conection on U8030 pin #2-4 broken.
                                      Last edited by judamex; 08-08-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

What is the voltage ?

I replaced the U8030 that was broken and now it turns on fine, thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                                        X