Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this component pls ? (power Nikon D5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this component pls ? (power Nikon D5)

Hello, I repost the question in power supply discussions, because I guess it’s power component.
    In the dead board (no power) of camera (Nikon D5), there is a chip with a hole. I can’t identify this component.
    Horizontaly, that could be O60 or D60 or probably 060
    I guess the marking code is :
    A60
    Y31
    I found nothing on the web.

I can’t figure out what is this component ?
    - It has no pin to ground
    - I checked with meter : each pin is independant, there is no 2 pins both linked (like mosfet).
    - It come after a big chip (1748 C3) but the same : I dont know what is it, I don’t found on the web. Maybe battery charging chip (edit : no, the battery charging with external charger) ?
    - It is close to a chemical cap and other big ceramic one
    - It is close to the connector of command buttons and small (band maybe big other ?) LCD display (on the back of the camera). But maybe there is no direct link.
    - there is 2 buck converter (2 chip PA61), I marked with a black « B » (for buck) on picture. One go to CF-card board.

Do you know what it is pls ?
    At least, do you know wich smd box is ? I guess SON …
    Tell me if other info could be usefull pls ? I can measure or add picture. I dont have yet disassemble the board, but I can.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by corrize; 06-28-2022, 01:03 AM. Reason: Add : not a charging chip, there is external charger for battery

Re: What is this component pls ? (power Nikon D5)

I add : I found same form factor smd chip in other Nikon camera model (D800) close the D5. But the same : can't found nothing on the web with this marking code.
    Attached Files

Comment

Update : not a charging controler IC, but maybe the chip manage the gauge and low-battery Alert ? On the web, I saw a ship with the same box : MAX17044
      The name of the smd box is : TDFN 2x3
      That could be something like that ?

Comment

Update, i found 2 another same chip on other Nikon boards :
        Nikon D5500 : marking code : V08 (same as D800)
        Nikon D90 : marking code : HPG
        But I find them nowhere on the web ?
        This chip has a ground pad, and a signal pad. That could be a voltage comparator or something close.
        Attached Files

Comment

Rather, these are completely different microcircuits that you are comparing, your native 8 pin. connected to a diode and an inductor, the other inductor is not visible.

Comment

Update : found a Nikon D810 PCB hi-res picture on the web. Same chip as holed one. I read « D60 A60 ». That precise the marking code. But I still can't identify this chip. I checked on the marking code databases on the web, RS, Mouser, Aliexp and other and nothing, nothing. If you have a method to do this research, I want it please? Even if it takes time.
            Attached Files

Comment

I guess I found : BD60A60NUX
              Datasheet : https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...d6eaf81e87.pdf
              « White LED Driver With PWM Brightness Control for up to 11 LEDs in Series » ??? I can't understand the function in this case ? Maybe backlight control of mini LCD at the back of this camera ? This LCD was destroyed by drop, and blinking before no power.
              Attached Files

Comment

What is this diode pls ? (Schottky out of boost DC/DC converter) Nikon D5 Camera

Hello, i need your help for find the same diode pls ?
                The component is on Nikon D5 camera PCB.
                The marking code is :
                RB.

I can't find it on the web. I found KDZTR8.2B (or KDZ8.2B) with marking « RB ».
                https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...a3b35f0142.pdf

That could be this one because there is another components with the same brand on this board (ROHM). But I can't find the picture of it for compare, and it is a zener diode when I guess it should be a schottky one (?) as follow...

This diode is at the out of boost DC/DC converter IC (BD60A60NUX), designed to drive max 6 LED (I don't know exactly the function in this case ? At the back of this camera, there is only one little LED, but there is backlight for buttons, mini LCD display and another LCD big screen).
                And if I read right this IC datasheet,
                https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...d6eaf81e87.pdf

it recommends a schottky barrier diode (not a zener one so) at the same place of diode on the board (betwen SW (coil) and Vout, pad 6 and 8).
                This datasheet recommends some diodes too (none has a RB marking).
                If it's not possible to find the same, can you deduce the specs of this diode pls ? The battery voltage is 12v and I guess it is not needed more than 20v to feed backlight (?)

I can't understand exactly the function of this diode ? According to the datasheet, it seams to accelerate the IC switching by limiting the coil current pressure in the IC, and maybe protect the IC to load of current added in the coil ?
                Attached Files

Comment

Re: What is this diode pls ? (Schottky out of boost DC/DC converter) Nikon D5 Camera

It might help if you took a picture of the whole board. I have read that the sensors in this camera are made by Sony. Most likely the board is also made by them.

Comment

Re: What is this diode pls ? (Schottky out of boost DC/DC converter) Nikon D5 Camera

Originally posted by keeney123 View Post
                    It might help if you took a picture of the whole board. I have read that the sensors in this camera are made by Sony. Most likely the board is also made by them.
                    the thread has been merged with the OP`s other nikon D5 thread.Pictures at post #1.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Sony sensors are the best of market and are everywhere, in Canon camera flagships, Panasonic, Nikon … This camera is a 2016 flagship Nikon, it is big : 1,5Kg, it was « built » in Japan. But probably assembly.
                      I'm sure this PCB was not designed or built by Sony. Sony is « alone » for build sensor (35% of all global sensors market), but a competitor for sell camera.

The sensor is a big part but it is not on the board. The PCB is another part (added : pictures of PCB back). There is some components Texas Instruments, ROHM, and other brands.

I expected the designers has followed the recommendations of same branded diode in BD60A60NUX datasheet, but it seams not. All ROHM schottky diodes have a TR marking and all zener have RB marking. So it is a ROHM zener or schottky made by another manufacturer.

If that was not a flagship camera, I would have replaced it directly by one recommended in the datasheet. All the more, the chip is dead, so this protection diode has maybe not do the job properly ?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps this site can help you in identifying.

https://learncamerarepair.com/produc...=2&secondary=8

The YM circuit board seems to be made by Fugi. The board has YM4817G1

This board must be a t-con board. it has NTP-NMK T

T-con stands for timing control board

NTP stands for Network Transfer Protocol

NMK stand for Network Management Key
                        Last edited by keeney123; 07-09-2022, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I know this usefull website, I found a D700 repair manual, it give pcb picture but no schematic with names of components and functions. I guess Nikon provide manuals for mechanic replacement parts for the repair services shops, but for any electronic issue, politic is : replace PCB. I guess it is not possible to find schematics, even Nikon repair service dont has it.
                          Ok for NTP NMK, the board has a RJ45 port.

In fact, for this issue, I stopped to search the exactly same diode. The IC datasheet (boost DC/DC converter) should give all informations needed. It's a « basic » sizing of output rectification diode for switching power supply but I simply don't know how to do it.
                          I guess all informations are in this line :
                          This schottky diode (SBD) is for output rectification. In order to obtain higher switching efficiency, please use low VF, low reverse leak, and high current capacity.
                          This boost chip is designed for driving 6 LED max. (Probably for backlight little screen at back to camera, and/or buttons as you can see on picture above).
                          I guess, with average LED specs, that's to say : 6 x 3,6v, so 20-22v. And 6 x 20mA so 120mA ???
                          The boost DC/DC (BD60A60NUX) datasheet give :
                          recommended operating : 20v
                          Over voltage limit : 30v
                          Over current limit : 0,75A
                          The boost DC/DC converter datasheet recommend to use the schottky diode RB521SM-40

And the diode datasheet gives…
                          https://fscdn.rohm.com/en/products/d...y_barrier/rb52
                          …if I read right (not sure) the specs :
                          Vf max : 0,5v ?
                          Reverse leak : 40v ?
                          Current capacity : 1A
                          I suppose… it's good ?

If you don't see mistake, I will order this diode and try ?

Comment

Originally posted by corrize View Post
                            Thanks, I know this usefull website, I found a D700 repair manual, it give pcb picture but no schematic with names of components and functions. I guess Nikon provide manuals for mechanic replacement parts for the repair services shops, but for any electronic issue, politic is : replace PCB. I guess it is not possible to find schematics, even Nikon repair service dont has it.
                            Ok for NTP NMK, the board has a RJ45 port.

In fact, for this issue, I stopped to search the exactly same diode. The IC datasheet (boost DC/DC converter) should give all informations needed. It’s a « basic » sizing of output rectification diode for switching power supply but I simply don’t know how to do it.
                            I guess all informations are in this line :
                            This schottky diode (SBD) is for output rectification. In order to obtain higher switching efficiency, please use low VF, low reverse leak, and high current capacity.
                            This boost chip is designed for driving 6 LED max. (Probably for backlight little screen at back to camera, and/or buttons as you can see on picture above).
                            I guess, with average LED specs, that’s to say : 6 x 3,6v, so 20-22v. And 6 x 20mA so 120mA ???
                            The boost DC/DC (BD60A60NUX) datasheet give :
                            recommended operating : 20v
                            Over voltage limit : 30v
                            Over current limit : 0,75A
                            The boost DC/DC converter datasheet recommend to use the schottky diode RB521SM-40

And the diode datasheet gives…
                            https://fscdn.rohm.com/en/products/d...y_barrier/rb52
                            …if I read right (not sure) the specs :
                            Vf max : 0,5v ?
                            Reverse leak : 40v ?
                            Current capacity : 1A
                            I suppose… it’s good ?

If you don’t see mistake, I will order this diode and try ?
                            Your second link on data sheet of diode does not work.
                            From your first link the chip has an internal FET that allow the circuit to me completed. The SW is the output to the LEDs. When the FET is turned off no current flows. All other connections to the IC are inputs to control the switching of the power supply. There are two different ICs in the IC datasheet. The one that you have listed is for 6 LEDs and when reading the datasheet, you should ignore the specifications of the ones for 11 LEDs.

If Nikon does not have the schematic, it only tells you they did not design the board. That then tell you that Fugi must have designed the board if the YM indeed represents a Fugi board. The design engineers will draw up a basic schematic than they will give it to their drafting department to actually draw all the information to make the board which will include the schematic. If Fugi does not actually have a plant that is capable of making a board, they will then find a board manufacturer to make the board for them. A copy of the drafting departments layout will be sent to a board manufacturer. The board manufacturer will make the board. Testing of the board can either be at Fugi or its board manufacturer. Being that there are no QC departments anymore after testing the board then is sent out to the customer.

Here is a good link for understand a Schottky diode and the different types. Basically, they are used because they have less wasted voltage in conduction. They have very little capacitance which means quicker switching.

http://www.physics-and-radio-electro...%20%20junction.

What you need to do is determine where this diode in connected in you IC datasheet circuit through both meter and visual inspection.
                            Last edited by keeney123; 07-10-2022, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Sorry, the link for the Schottky diode RB521SM-40 :
                              https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...454bb0fb3e.pdf

On the board, the diode is at same place than datasheet : between pin 8 (SW) and pin 6 (Vout). So according to is the datasheet, it's this Schottky diode.

I guess the diode sizing depend mainly of the chip (LED driver) specs, i really don't need the D5 shematics, and I'm sure I will never find it. The D5 (as D4, D6) are flagships, they are builded in small number, in Japan, while all other Nikon models are builded in Thailand. So there is less chance the schematics leaks. In addition, I saw no electronic schematic of no Nikon camera on the web.

This LED driver chip has a little range of use : max 6 white LED. (I saw there is 2 chips models in the datasheet). So, that should give the max current/voltage, and after, it's a « basic » boost DC/DC.

The LED driver chip datasheet give these max values :
                              Over Voltage Limit BD60A60NUX : 30V
                              LED Maximum Current : 30mA

So with this Schottky diode RB521SM-40, with 40v voltage breakdown, that should be ok. And for the other part of the chip (boost DC/DC converter), the sizing recommendations for the diode are given in datasheet for the normal use in this line (see picture). And diode RB521SM-40 is also recommended is this board).

So that should works… (I Hope).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, the link for the Schottky diode RB521SM-40 :
                                https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...454bb0fb3e.pdf

On the board, the diode is at same place than datasheet : between pin 8 (SW) and pin 6 (Vout). So according to is the datasheet, it's this Schottky diode.

I guess the diode sizing depend mainly of the chip (LED driver) specs, i really don't need the D5 shematics, and I'm sure I will never find it. The D5 (as D4, D6) are flagships, they are builded in small number, in Japan, while all other Nikon models are builded in Thailand. So there is less chance the schematics leaks. In addition, I saw no electronic schematic of no Nikon camera on the web.

This LED driver chip has a little range of use : max 6 white LED. (I saw there is 2 chips models in the datasheet). So, that should give the max current/voltage, and after, it's a « basic » boost DC/DC.

The LED driver chip datasheet give these max values :
                                Over Voltage Limit BD60A60NUX : 30V
                                LED Maximum Current : 30mA

So with this Schottky diode RB521SM-40, with 40v voltage breakdown, that should be ok. And for the other part of the chip (boost DC/DC converter), the sizing recommendations for the diode are given in datasheet for the normal use in this line (see picture). And diode RB521SM-40 is also recommended is this board).

So that should works… (I Hope).
                                There are two types of Schottky Diodes from the information I provided. One type or Schottky diode is a rectifying barrier has a high barrier height. The second type of Schottky diode is a non-rectifying barrier that has a very low barrier height. It would appear that they are using the non-rectifying barrier Schottky Diode for your application. This would be a linear diode.
                                If you look on the IC data sheet you will see a formula on page 1 for 11 LEDs. You have the other IC chip, but the formula should also work if you put in the 6 LEDs. That would be Vout= 3.6V X 6 + 0.7V = 22.3V the rest of the fomula is telling you that the maximum LED voltage is 3.7 V which they says the maximum voltage can only be 0.6 volts higher for all 6 LEDs. Given a maximum Vout at 22.9volts.
                                Your diode has a reverse RMS voltage of 45 Volt at 50 % duty cycle. Somewhere in the IC data sheet I remember reading the IC can be run at 95% duty cycle. If you read on the IC data sheet from 9 to 15 it will tell you all the conditions and timing on this IC. With that information you should be able to tell exactly how this IC operates. I am not an active Technician and have taken you as far as I could in understanding the engineering that is needed in order to replace a part that is unknown. Perhaps an active technician will have the presence of understanding with this circuit and help you.
                                Last edited by keeney123; 07-11-2022, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I guess it's no too risky to try with this diode but yes, I would prefer an engineer advice.

Maybe there is another issue...

In fact, I wanted to replace this component because it had a hole. But maybe it was not dead (it was not shorted, and no power at input). I don't know ?
                                  I suspected another issue. And I found a step down converter with output (SW) at 4 Ohms, I guess it's OK, maybe it's processor power supply ? But…
                                  1 - in diode mode, I measure 0V (even after inverting the probes).
                                  Datasheet show, in block diagram, there is a diode between ground (PGND) and SW pin, so I should measure a junction.
                                  2 - there is exactly the same buck converter beside, resistance at the output (pin SW) is 70 KOhms and diode mode show 0,440v. It is good. (It's power supply for cards readers).
                                  So the IC is maybe dead ? But is it possible to confirm without desoldering pls ?

I found no short around, I'm not really convinced it is dead. When the PCB was inside camera, I measured 12v (battery) at the two chips inputs but 0v at the outputs (probably disable state, that should indicate the chip is good).

So I suspect the stuff connected at the output, I would to check, but I don't found it. At first I assumed this issue was caused by the chip with hole, but now it is removed and the issue stay present.

The easiest way could be to desolder the coil (I prefer than desolder a QFN16).

If you have ideas on what to check ?

(Chips are TPS62130A)
                                  https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...0d42289463.pdf
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Update : I scanned the board with probes, that was long and boring but found a continuity between the step down (it’s a step down) converter output and some components under the CPU. So the step up chip should be the CPU power supply and 4 Ohms the CPU internal resistance. So no issue.

There may only be one issue : the chip with hole, wich send a « no power good » flag and bloking main power.

Comment

Update : I scanned the board with probes, that was long and boring but found a continuity between the step down (it’s a step down) converter output and some components under the CPU. So the step up chip should be the CPU power supply and 4 Ohms the CPU internal resistance. So no issue.

There may only be one issue : the chip with hole, wich send a « no power good » flag and bloking main power.
                                      Most engineers that do not have a schematic to a circuit that they never saw would not even consider working on a board.
                                      With that said, it is possible to work on a unit that a person is familiar with if they do not have a schematic.
                                      When you are poking around something you are not familiar with, you will need the help of an active technician that knows and works on similar circuits.
                                      To connect to such a technician, one has to have a clear objective. First, do you know how this unit failed? What troubleshooting steps are you actually capable of doing?
                                      If you do not know how this unit failed what makes you think the problem is only the diode of which you do not know its values?
                                      Lastly, if one of the active technicians on badcaps helps you, are you willing to listen and answer their question when asked. This also includes being totally honest with them.
                                      What I have found is that you bounce around a lot in trying to figure what is wrong. I understand that this is the way you think and that is alright. However, in order to get help from an active technician on this site you will have to focus on one problem at a time.
                                      The first question again is do you know how this board failed? That is question one.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                        Rather, these are completely different microcircuits that you are comparing, your native 8 pin. connected to a diode and an inductor, the other inductor is not visible.
                                        Corrize This is from a prior post from lotas to which you did not respond. He is telling you that you are comparing different microcircuits. He is actually saying that it is not correct to do.
                                        One response you could have used was, Oh I did not know that can you help me figure out what is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                        X