samsung un50nu7100f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung un50nu7100f

Hey guys I was wondering what could be causing my Samsung 7 series tv flickering it's vertical.Sometimes it will be fine for an hour then start to flicker.
    Attached Files

Re: samsung un50nu7100f

Line looks horizontal. Check the YouTube video in Update 2. https://techhometravel.com/repair-of...ge-horizontal-

Comment

My bad I meant horizontal I did the tape thin but when ever I unplugged a ribbon u would just get a black screen on both sides

Comment

sometimes you have to play with where you put the tape, as in how many pins to block.

Comment

it's not a firm rule that you need picture on one side for the tape cutoff method to work.

Comment

Ahh ok I tried doing 10 pins on each side of the ribbons with no luck can someone point me to what else I can try. The thing is after I open the tv it will be fine for like 30 minutes or so then starts again haha ��

Comment

Tape cutoff much more difficult on tvs with no separate tcon. Only seen it successful on one youtube video.

Comment

if it goes good for 30 minutes, i don't think it's a shorted panel, taping isn't likely to work.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-20-2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

What else could it be if tape does not fix the issue?

Comment

is the line always there, even for the 30 minutes that it works like it should?

Comment

for now unplug any devices like dvd player etc, so nothing else plugged in, make sure ribbon cables from driver board to mainboard are clean and fit well, can clean with isopropyl alcohol, some use a pencil eraser, not to vigorous they can be delicate, look the cables over closely make sure there's no damage and they are aligned correctly, see if the line is on the menu too, change source, see if line stays on the next screen, It could be driver board issue, check the little capacitors on the driver board for shorts or very low ohms, don't get them confused, they are usually designated with a little C for capacitor right beside them, another thing to try is turn the backlights way down and see if the tv stays on longer.

Comment

Ok thank you I will try that next

Comment

Working...
                        X