This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

John here. Been a computer technician for over a decade doing just about everything. Here to pick up some circutry/electronics knowledge.

Comment

Hello. I'm in to repairing electronics and hoping to get my TV working again!

Comment

Hello, college student and amateur technician here, nothing serious until today that I need to save my own machine. I hope to learn from pros and give help back when I become a good technician.

Comment

Hello there, a computer science major who was just handed a non functioning TV and I hoping to be able to bring it back to life to replace my old beast of a TV.

Comment

Hello. I'm in to repairing electronics and hoping to get my TV working again!

Comment

Just ignore this post. Realized I had a typo in my username and created another.
              Last edited by difluorethane; 08-06-2014, 08:36 PM. Reason: User name typo. Created a new account.

Comment

I found this site while probing a TV board. Sharing is good.

Comment

Hello to you all, new here, want to learn about electronics, my hobby is FTA satellite receivers, mod at a few places any info needed will give gladly in private matter so no other sites names have to mention, hope I can learn about this electronics, thanks in advance TurboPirate

Comment

New member with a Panasonic Plasma that just took a bit of a dump Hopefully with you guys help I will be able to get her working again.

Comment

Wanted to say "Hi". I am new to badcaps (obviously) and am looking forward to an enlightening experience by participating. Looking forward to communicating with many of you!

Comment

Hello all!

Looking for help on repairing a (free) TV and save it from the landfill. Already got plenty of electronics experience under my belt, so hopefully some extra knowledge from here can fill in the holes for troubleshooting.

Comment

Hi guys,
                          My name is Gene from Dayton Ohio (Dayton Hamvention). I am a long time ham (AD8MW) and
                          Started in computers with the SWTC 6800 which I still have along with almost all the
                          Other early units. I was in the USAF for a numbers of years and was an instructor of
                          Electronics at the high school level. I hope to learn from you guys and hope I can pass
                          Along some of my knowledge.

Comment

I have true appreciation and respect for communities that facilitate or focus on the creation of innovation.

My friends and family call me Sparks because of my enthusiasm and exitement for electricity. My first real job, out of high school, was being a father.. And an electrician for a major lumbermill in Montana, US. Licencenced and sick of numbing my ability to create, or recreate, I quit my job.. After I got fired for successfully "Re-Engineered" my suppervisors plans for power regulation by introducing and pushing High Voltage Capacitor Banks to the Plants CEO.

Young, Smart, and full of capacitance... I was 21..

I am 30 today.. 4 years ago I quit a Silver-spoon Job as a Lineman after getting fired for not showing up to create "Foundations for Youth Technology Advancements", "FYTA". Non-Profit.. We focus on technological re-creation and collective resource understanding. The foundation of true inspiration..

I have 3 children that support energy..

Can't wait to learn and expand my knowledge with this community.

Comment

I meant to say that I chose to start FYTA. My kids became my goal... Thought I would clarify

Comment

my name is maxwell and my story is very very similar to yours
                                Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

anyone know if ic f9222l in samsung le23r87 power supply fails for any reason, it has blown rm8023 to earth.1 .22 ohm and is s/c pin

Comment

New comer here and wanted to say hello.

Comment

Hi everyone I found this forum and website and I look forward to be part of the community

Comment

Howdy folks, I'm a long time lurker, finally getting around to registering here.

In addition to repairing my own gear, I am occasionally tasked by friends and family to recap personal electronics. Thanks for all the good information!

Comment

just registered and want to say hi and hope to get some valuble info of the over qualified on here,

Comment

Working...
                                          X