This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi there, I'm somewhat of a novice, but I love to tear electronics apart and repair them. I've mostly had experience with replacing caps that have visibly gone bad. I've been able to fix pc monitors I've worked on so far, so now I've moved up to fixing the 52" Toshiba LCD TV that's been sitting in my man-cave for several years. It was $3000 when it was new, and of course I didn't purchase the ext warranty. This jinxes the TV and it only lasted 2 years.

I've read thru the forum and it would seem that your a smart group of hackers(In the best sense) and quite possibly the TV's last hope before the scrap pile.

Comment

Hello All. My name is Chuck and I've just joined today. I've a background in computer hardware and networking. I also have a background in electronics having learned when I was in the Air Force (22.5 years and now retired).

I'm married, no kids at home (yippee) and I am 62 yrs old.

Comment

Full time IT tech for a school, Part time electronic hobbyist.
        13 years of IT Experience thru work. No certs all hands on.

Love the advice given on here so had to sign up.

Comment

I am 50% successful at repairing electronics 100% of the time. The other 50% I need you guys!
          Thanks.

Comment

I have a sony reciever str-de575 model i want to know where to order the main board...thanks

Comment

Hey Guys,

I'm 24 and I work on TV's form time to time and am interested in sharing advice and information this topic and more.

Comment

Hello everyone

Long time lurker first time poster I just like to dabble with electronic repair in my spare time.

Comment

New to the site, but have found it is the most technical of all the forums and I look forward to assisting and receiving assistance. Thanks for having me!

Comment

Hello guys, i am glad for being member of this forum, i find you looking for a solution for my laptop, i hope find a solution here

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hey I'm new and I have like no ability or experience in electronic repair so I'm hoping to gain some from here

Comment

Hello there.

Great place this one it is. I'm here because It's a lot of fun to mess with stuff and fix it if I can. This is how I learn.

Hope will have a good time.

All the best!

Comment

Re: New Members - Hello every body

New member 40 years old , 20 years in this field. First computer Sinclair ZX spectrum, I make recapping from time to time, motherboards, PSUs

Comment

Hi. I'm Kyle and I have just joined. I repair electronics in my spare time.. I have found this forum to be extremely helpful. Thank you.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I was searching for help on a problem with my five year old Panasonic TX-P4210G plasma TV, which refuses to power on and blinks red in sets of 5.

I am an old and, I suspect, relatively boring guy (would be DIY'er) of just about 65 who relies heavily on Google and existing Internet content for help on technical matters, although the need to ask a question is felt once in a while. So I am afraid that I cannot contribute very much, but I will try to keep a rein on my inquisitiveness :-), so that, hopefully, I will not be too much of a burden.

Greetings
                                Jeppe

Comment

Greetings, I'm trying to save my boss money and fix his plasma TV. I work maintenance, and am pretty good at tearing washers, dryers and other appliance apart and putting them together...

Got the cover off the TV, and its a little more finicky looking...

Comment

Hi everyone

Comment

I needed tear-down pics of a Dell 2007wfp monitor for a re-build (where on earth does this little plastic bit go?!?! I yelled) and badcaps provided I'm sure there will be even more useful information once I poke around a bit!

Comment

Hello,
                                        I'm new to this site. I came across this site while looking up problem I have on a TV I'm working on. I been fooling around with Electronics since I was a kid (early 80's) I have an Electronics degree and have been a Field Service Engineer for 20 years. I use to do a lot of TV and VCR repairs for friend but then got busy with my Job, and family and have not kept up with all new electronic devices. My Kids are all grown up now so I have some extra time to play around with what I always enjoyed to do, fixing things. I'm a little outdated with the newer electronic devices such as LCD TV's but with a little help from you guys I hope to get back up to speed.

Comment

Howdy.

I'm a guy with projectitis--I'm all about learning and discovery, which results in me having entirely too much going on and burying myself in work. (But my house looks great!...when you can see it)

Yesterday my Samsung TV wouldn't power on--red blinking light. I opened it up and saw the tell-tale cap plague that was probably my problem. A quick Internet search showed me just how prevalent this was, and which caps to buy.
                                          Thinking I'd just run to Radio Shack, another search revealed the one a quarter mile from me had closed. The one on the way to work had closed. I drove to the one in the mall to find it was closing, and had no capacitors. I drove to an even further one to find they were out of stock for this cap, and decided to order online.

All this got me to also take apart a VIZIO 26" (M261VP) I saw someone throw on the curb a few months ago. Turns on, blinks, turns back off. I've done some research on this and have my suspicions, but that repair is over my head, so I'm creating an account here. I've already managed to slip while testing voltages and (I think) blow a fuse, but if I have to order parts anyway, I can order a few more. It was free and a good learning experience.

My background is an M.S. in computer science, and I've decades building PCs, so getting lower level has always been way out of my area of expertise, and I'd like to learn.
                                          But I also just got done building a new deck, patio, entertainment center, workshop, replacing 02 sensors on my car, ordered a wood burning kit, so what I'd really like is a time machine and fountain of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                          X