This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, Joined from Tennessee. Looking for information on Dell 2408wfpb(Samsung LTM240CS05) LCD monitor and the history of bad TCON boards on these units causing vertical and horizontal lines on the display. Hope to find a inexpensive one to replace.

Comment

Hi from Hungary

Comment

Hi guys! I'm newbie here and you could call me Chanzes or Chan for short. Currently I'm trying to look for answers right here.. So guys please help out if anyone have any success experience fixing LG LCD tvs especially model 42 or 47 LD 460 TA to be specific, but also applicable to models ranging from LD350, 450 and 550 as I read from various forums and printed on(main)board inscriptions.
        Blinking red lights turns blue, then LG logo displayed for a second and thereafter endless reboot cycles..

Please help!!

Comment

Comment

Hello from Wisconsin!

Comment

Hi all im new on site, and my first language not English so please do not ignore my.
              Need help with Panasonic TH50PZ800B have one light blink.
              Have repair before few samsung LCD ,this first my plasma tv.

Any suggestion please.

Thanks

Comment

Just dropping in to say a huge thank you to all of you who have posted such useful information here. I have never once soldered anything in my life, but was able to successfully re-cap my Westinghouse 22w-2 based entirely on the readings I did here. So, thank you, those of you who posted such excellent guides! I feel like I learned a lot and will be using my new soldering iron a lot more in the future!

Comment

Hey Gang, newbie here trying to learn to be a DIY electronics replacer especially regarding LCD and Plasma TVS! Thanks for all your help

Comment

Thanks for the acceptance. I've been in the commercial HVAC service business for over 20 yrs. The days of old school dpdt relays are gone . Everything now days are on a PCB. Looking forward to reading on how to trouble shoot and repair boards

Comment

Hi everyone!

I'm Glenn from the great, rainy state of Washington. I am an ASE certified diesel mechanic. I know automotive electronics, cad-avl systems, surveillance systems, voice radio comms, and some software programing...

I am here to peruse the forums to try to find a fix for my vizio tv, and maybe find some interesting blogs pertaining to electronics in my industry :-)

On the personal side: Im married, and have two kidos in the Navy. I have never been in a forum before, so patience is appreciated! lol

Comment

Greetings from the Bluegrass state, new member wanting to ask a question regarding my computer dsl service that has slowed down over the past several months or so. Thanks for having such a good forum.

Comment

Hello, been lurking on these forums for a while now but its time that I actually become a full fledged member

Been pulling televisions and monitors from my local transfer station for years and the information on this site has really helped me.

Comment

Happy soldering!

Looking to fix an LCD TV. I love fixing things and not having to buy new and throw out things that still have life left. There is so much info on this site. It is great!

Chris

Comment

Hey folks hello from West Ky. Looking for info on a dead 50in Samsung-Phillips plasma. Great site.

Comment

Hi guys! My username is JeVeeHa, my initials written out in Dutch, witch in English would translate to DjayVeeAjtch. So J.v.H to be exact.

I was founded 25 years ago and am currently living (and have been since my founding day) in the Netherlands. I'm a couple of months away from graduating as a Technical Sevice Engineer, going to classes one day of the week (on Monday, witch is great seeing as I have a chance to regain my composure from those tiring weekends) and working at a company specialized in repairing industrial electronics (AC and DC drives/PLC's and such). Really enjoy working there and hope to do so for a long time.

Landed on this forum while searching for a way to fix the LED backlight of a notebook and was curious to explore the forum a bit more.

So, maybe we'll run in on each other in a topic here, who knows..?

See ya,

Jelte

Comment

Hi, my name is Thomas, and I registered on badcaps to get some help with troubleshooting a Yamaha receiver.

Comment

Cohibaman here. Great site, lots of great info! Keep up the good posts.

Comment

Just wanted to say HI! I found this forum after picking up an LG 50PC3D-UD from the side of the road being thrown out, and looking for repair it. Found a few useful threads regarding repair, nut unsure of the test sequences at present. Will read more etc, to try and get this old beast fixed.

At present I see 9 bulging caps that need to be replaced on the power board, so will likely order a kit for $15 to do that and see what happens.

Comment

Hello everyone... I come from medical equipment service for over 30+ years. First started off on Neonatal(Infant warmers, incubators, monitors) then to anesthesia machines and ventilators then on to dental equipment and lasers, then on to Medical ultrasound and now for the last 10 years medical lasers. Like a lot of you I'm the go to for all my friends initial tech questions/repairs. I even have a/c & refrigeration experience. Thanks for hving this kind of forum available!

Comment

Hi. I am new to this forum. I am a 50 something guy who has no electrical/electronic training, but I am a tinkerer. I mostly have done auto work for fun or necessity, and appliance repairs to save money.ihave always had an interest in electronics, and that has increased as cars have become more reliant on them. This is an area I have always felt a knowledge deficiency. I have been messing with computers since the early 80s, and self taught/wrote my first website in January 1995. I still do a bit of we coding (still in a text editor) to this day. I found this forum while researching repair of my old Vizio 50"plasma. I just replaced 11 caps last night, Woot! Thanks to TopCat and everyone else for creating such a valuable resource.

Comment

Working...
                                          X