• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Just to say hello to all members of the forum

Comment

Hello members Im from California, just another guy with a broken tv triying to figure out how to fix it.

Comment

Hi everyone:
        My name is Paco. Ii am living in Mexico, close to the frontier with USA. I'm 40 yo, and I like repair computers.

Comment

hi all im shaun i'm looking into learning how to repair tvs as a hobby ive done a couple and now im hooked i hoping to learn more about how the different components on each board work and how to test them properly and safely thanks i'm looking forward to getting stuck in

Comment

New member. Looking for info to fix my Viewsonic LCD monitor. Found lots of useful info at this website.

Look forward to re-visiting often.

Comment

Hello, and thanks for allowing me to peruse your forum. My Sony 46XBR2 recently went kaput and my research caused me to stumble upon the site. The TV has already been replaced, but I cannot help but to see what I can see about repairing it --since I've already torn it apart

Thanks again for the access -

Comment

Hello

Comment

Greetings everyone! I happened across this forum while searching for information about a problem with my LG 60PK750 plasma TV (5 years old). Last Sunday (2 minutes before Super Bowl kickoff !! ) it started ghosting and flickering. I'm going to search around here and soak up some of the great info. before (hopefully) undertaking a fix on my own.

Comment

Hello from Miami!

Comment

Hello!

I am from the PNW, and found this site/forum looking for info on repairing broken LCD displays.

I do not have a EE or anything the like .. I do have a DIY curiosity to repair/fix/upgrade things. I remember as a kid taking apart a small boombox to see what was inside, and put it back together with no extra screws/pieces. Also at the age of 13 or 14, build a hobby grade RC car (Tamiya Subaru Brat). Most recent I've soldered/built a CMOY amp, and prototyped a PCB to build the CMOY much easier.

Comment

Hello thank you for allowing me to join. I am wanting to repair 2 of my tv's that has just quit on me.

Comment

good day to all of you guys...
                          By the way,my name is boyet im a magician from the Philippines...then im keep on searching on the net to improve my ideas,learning and repairing laptop too,,and then I saw this forum,,theres a lot of ideas here w/c can help the other people that's why I join,,...God bless to us...sorry for my bad English,hope to be considered... =)

Comment

this is a first post

Comment

Hi!

Looking for some schemas and datasheets brought me to this forum again, so I decided to register.

Looking forward to interesting discussions

Comment

Hi, a mother from Virginia Beach trying 2 fix my son's broken emerson lc30oemxf. I'm a DIYer whose husband is an retired navy Electrician/Electronic tech. Also trying to repair even heat control board on my kenmore dryer. I'll try and fix anything myself first!

Comment

New member looking for info on Insignia, likely power supply. I design electronics, I don't deal too much with TVs but have done stuff involving AC.

Comment

hi i am from india and have a query related to PSU suggestion , please allow me to start a thread so that expets here can guide me

thanks

Comment

Basically joined to fix my tv that is broken. Actually thought to buy a board for the tv and was trying to find out the price and which board it was. Finding out this is fixing at component level was exciting but sounds like more work than I thought. I have an associates degree in electronic engineering that I received back in 92 so I am not up to speed with the electronics of today but am excited at it being component level. First computer was a little TRS-80 (trash 80) made by Radio Shack. Next was Commodore 64 which was great until I got a video problem which wasn't worth fixing. Then got a Amiga 500 which is in a box in my basement now. I always wanted work at component level repair or design but wasn't a lot out there.

Comment

Hello all, joined as came across site while googling about the wobbly sound on my LG 50PX4D-EB. I am really into repairing things and keep the scrap yards empty so really want to find the culprit board and get a new one. Anyone can help drop me a mail.

TV has great picture and sometimes the sound is fine but other times it's intermittent almost sounds like a broken speaker you'd get in a hifi,,, kind of clipping in and out. I'll naturally start a thread when i am able.

Great site, good work, keep it up, hate the throw away culture of the west!!

Comment

Hello everyone! I have always been technically minded and I recently ran across a non functional computer monitor that I thought would be nice to have in my office. After bouncing around Google for a while it became clear that this was the place to be!

Comment

Working...
                                          X