X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

my name is Hans, my home is at Stuttgart/Germany and i'm a mechanic.
    But if there is trouble with electronic parts i need any help i can get - thats the reason i got to this forum.

Comment

Hi!

My name is Cyriel from Amsterdam. I found this via this youtube movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOADH8GxGic

Regarding my: LG 50PC1DA who has the exact same problem.

This is actually why i subscribed here if i have further questions, i'll read and ask.

Cheers!

Comment

My name is Alden. My formal training is in accounting and finance. I tinker with a nd build computers and am looking for a place to be able to ask questions and research repairs, etc.

Google led me here.

Comment

Hi, My name is Herman. I'm a student pilot but electronics in general is one of my hobbies.

Comment

Hi, everyone. Am a newbie here, am from a small Island named Mauritius in the Indian Ocean.i Have some basic knowledge of electronics, but am very fond of repairing all sorts of things.Ive come across this site , which is very, very, very interesting and i praise everyone for the hard work and gentle response to people in need of knowledge in electronics.I have repaired many desktop & laptops with basic damage, some by trial & error basis, but when it comes to motherboard repairs i am often stuck, thus the need for some experts advice.

Thanking everyone in advance
            Cheers.......

Comment

Hello Users

I found this site via hours of youtubing and googling for my TV problems.
              I hope to find a solution here and contribute in the future!

I am a male, 27 from midwest USA.
              Like to game

Comment

trying to post and it brings me to the new user page that lists 3 reasons why I cannot start a thread.
                It says to check my new PM but when I click my name to get to my PMs it says I dont have permission

This is an endless circle it seems

Comment

will wait the hour and see what happens

Comment

Just found this website. Been having problems with my Sharp TV. From the research I have done, it seems the likely culprit is a bad capacitor on the power supply board. I am hoping one of the other members will be able to help me find the bad one.

Comment

Just want to say hello. I live in MN, and like to tinker with electronics. Appreciate the opportunity to use this forum. Also, I hope I may be able to contribute in one form or another as time passes.

Comment

Hi.
                        I'm Sérgio from Porto, Portugal.
                        I've been a reader of the forum for a while and i figured it was time to become a part of it.

Comment

Hello,

My name is ronny and i'm new members of this forum.

found this forum while searching for my samsung 65" smart led tv (UN65ES8000) shich suffering from no picture but sund problem.

I'm from indonesia so please be patient as english is not my primary language.

Thank you all

Comment

[QUOTE=petabyte;27]As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

Logging on as digitaldriller, 63 years old, radio ham / radio amateur of 44 years standing, electronics degree, spent career as a softy, mainly on real-time embedded applications

Now, I should be reaonably au fait in all things with such a background but what I lack is
                            actual hands-on experience in many things, especially with SWMBO standing over me as I try to fathom out the fault with her (expensive) TV, so I
                            have come cap-in-hand to tap you experts for your knowledge.

Reason for joining - Samsung TV UE32F5000AK, only 14 months old (2 months out of warranty :-( ) with a blank picture.

Comment

Hi all

I am 48 years old and decided to return to my first love - electronic repairs.

Thank you to all who makes this site so valuable with all the advice and tips.

Reynard

Comment

Greetings,

My name is Dion, from Jakarta, Indonesia. Been years as technician and found this forum when googling about caps. Hope to learn many things from this forum.

Comment

Greetings all,

I'm a diy hobbyist, trying to learn about electronics repair. I enjoy trying to squeeze more life out of various household electronics.

Comment

Here goes:

I am in my early 60s, involved with audio since my late teens - and audio is my primus-inter-pares interest in electronics, the other being vintage radios with a sub-specialty in TransOceanics. I am entirely self-taught, being an Architecture/Fine Arts major and a product of the Ivy League.

I appreciate Vintage Stereo equipment of US and Euro origin - I have never had either the time or inclination towards Pacific Rim products mostly as there is far more than enough other stuff to go around, and around, and around - then around again (at this moment, I keep five (5) active stereo systems, and the makings for several more). I do keep some Japanese moving parts - there are very few affordable (and still working) Euro CD players, and even fewer US CD players.

I have roughly 30 vintage radios, all of them fully operational, my oldest being an Atwater Kent small-box 30 from the early 20s, the most recent being a Grundig Satellit 700 from the early 90s. My most 'exotic' is a Sparton 558 in near-pristine condition.

My main system consists of: Revox B795 TT w/Ortophon cartridge, Revox A720 tuner/pre-amp, HK Citation 16 power-amp and a Sony 200-disc CD changer into Maggie MG-IIIa speakers. The wife-friendly system (few knobs, few buttons) consists of an AR Model R receiver into AR3a speakers with rebuilt pots, and a Yamaha 5-disc changer. She listens either to CDs or NPR, so no need to accommodate vinyl.

My primary tube system includes a rebuilt/refurbished Scott LK150, upgraded Dynaco PAS3x and a very heavily modified FM3. Accessories include a Revox B225 CD player and B215 cassette player.

There are others active as well - but this is enough for an introduction.

I keep a fairly well equipped bench for repairs and servicing. I take a meatball-surgeon approach, heavy on the diagnostics, with my first goal being to restore to "factory" specifications and operating parameters. Only from there will I refine or upgrade and/or move on to much more refined surgical techniques. By now, I have have seen a great deal of stuff - but I continue to learn and further, it becomes clearer and clearer how much I DO NOT know. This leads to some peculiarities and may explain in part my preferences in equipment. I try to avoid chips and SMT systems. If I can see the components, I can build the circuit in my mind - and then troubleshoot reasonably effectively. I also keep a jeweler's lathe and mill as I will fabricate and sometimes cast parts that are otherwise unobtanium.

It has been, and remains a great deal of fun. I have an understanding wife who allows me my space. As I tell her - the hobby does not take up that much room, it does not eat, and it is far cheaper than another woman.

Comment

Hello, new forum member here. Having some issues with my ST50 and I'd like to see if I could get some guidance on it. Thanks all!

Comment

Hi all, I'm Rick and new to the site. I was referred by lcdalternatives.com. I'm trying to troubleshoot a Gateway LP2407. I have 2 of these. Replaced the caps in the first one and it is working great. The second one my luck wasn't so good. The power button doesn't light up at all. Hope to find suggestion to further troubleshoot my problem.

Thanks

Comment

Hello! I'm Garrett. College student studying business and school and studying electronics as a hobby. Don't know much about capacitors or circuit boards yet but I figured getting active on this forum instead of lurking on it would be a good first step.

...I also just bought a soldering iron too so I guess that's useful or something.

Comment

Working...
                                          X