Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio E470i-A0 Dark Areas After Replacing Backlights

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
    Damn, I thought there was strips that were not lighting up in post #16, 3 of them looks like, so who put that screw there??
    Whoever had it before me I suppose. It was missing some screws so I knew it had been taken apart already. I never reassembled it completely until last night.

Comment

Nice solve, looks like a very nice picture on that set.

Comment

Nice repair!

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!!!

I took it apart again lol.. everything was great except the top part of the screen had shadowing and I just couldn't settle with it. I took it apart again and religiously taped down the reflector, somehow STILL missing one corner, however I'm satisfied enough that I do not feel the need to open it again before and after pictures are attached.

And this is at 55% backlight! This TV actually has a gorgeous picture for what it is!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by x_orange90_x; 03-16-2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

So now, after a couple of months use, I'm greeted with a white vertical line 😟. This looks to be a panel issue as it's common with Vizios... However, last week I picked up the same exact model or if the trash minus smart features. My question is, should I immediately switch the panels, or should I try something else?

Comment

Just for anyone's future reference, I swapped the panel out and it's good as new now.

Comment

which is easier... switching all the cards or switching the panel?

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                  which is easier... switching all the cards or switching the panel?
                  In this case switching the panel because I put brand new backlights in mine just before the the panel messed up. The donor had bad LEDs.

Comment

Working...
                  X