Sony KDL-48W600B software update with no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-48W600B software update with no picture

I'm trying to do a software update on a Sony KDL-48W600B with backlights and no picture and having absolutely no luck. I can't find anything on the Sony support website that specifies the procedure. Can anyone provide a link or instructions? Thanks!
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Re: Sony KDL-48W600B software update with no picture

You mean to tell me there's no way to output audio and video from this piece of s**t f*****g turd of a TV so I have a chance of maybe seeing the menu on another TV and updating it that way???

J***s H. C****t, I've never seen a bigger pain in the a*s pile of f*****g G*d D**n s**t in my life....there's no definitive info on the Sony e-support site how to extract the software for this model, there's no way to output the picture to another source, there's no procedure to update the software via USB when the TV won't display a picture unless it's a f*****g Android TV or you update VIA the internet, which I can't do without a working f*****g display panel. I think a case of the clap would be easier to deal with than updating this glass double dil*o a** ramming piece of monkey s**t!

F**K SONY in the mother f*****g cornh**e, and if I can't find the info I'm going to run this m****r f****r over with my F150 then have a friend toss it in the air when I yell "PULL".

What a TERRIFFIC way to ruin an otherwise f*****g pleasant Sunday.

"I don't go off that often, but when I do, it's like you lit off 7 sticks of TNT"
    Last edited by DXseekerMO; 02-04-2019, 12:52 AM.

Comment

It's better than dealing with a Sony TV!
      Attached Files

Comment

You mean to tell me no one has an answer to my question?

Comment

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...loads/W0011108

Comment

Don't know if you have to use remote or not, my kdl from 2009 was a no touch update, I just put in the usb and it did it, been a while, I think I put in usb and turned tv on and took about 15 minutes, think the lights went from blinking while updating to a solid amber when done.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-04-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply nomoresonys. I had a look at that page last night and downloaded the update but there was no instructions on extracting the file to a USB. I tried "extract to" the thumb drive, installed the stick in to the TV, the green LED on the thumb drive flashes for a few seconds then quits and doesn't flash again, like the TV isn't reading the data on it.

Comment

Also tried turning it on then adding the USB stick, no dice.

Comment

I think that this page from sony us provides a "method" to follow.

one thing that I found with a sharp "method" that said to use fat32 format... that didn't work. I had to use fat16/fat formatted usb.... from there it worked very much like sony and didn't care whether the existing firmware was the same version or not, upon powering up, it began loading the file that was there. You might want to try this alternative format if the other doesn't work.

Comment

Both are the same page, hit the little plus by the usb instructions and details expand.

Comment

I wish instead of the plus symbol they would have put "MORE". I will try the FAT16 format and re-extract the file to the USB per the instructions in the link.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post

one thing that I found with a sharp "method" that said to use fat32 format... that didn't work. I had to use fat16/fat formatted usb.... from there it worked very much like sony and didn't care whether the existing firmware was the same version or not, upon powering up, it began loading the file that was there. You might want to try this alternative format if the other doesn't work.
                        The choices I see on my PC (WIN8) are FAT, FAT32 and exFAT. Is the first choice FAT16?

Comment

Just watched a video, looks like FAT is FAT16?

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                            Both are the same page, hit the little plus by the usb instructions and details expand.
                            I have the software extracted and saved on to a FAT or FAT16 formatted thumb drive. I used the extract to specified drive method in WinRAR. The proper file name is the only file on the thumb drive. I'm thinking this will work, it seems basically the same as extracting then copying to the thumb drive.

The only problem I see is the instructions say to "follow the instructions on the screen" which I am unable to do. I still see no alternate method of updating the TV with no display. This is all that is keeping me from trying it.

Comment

From this post: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...777#post852777

Originally posted by jr.rivera.p View Post
                              I found this another way to update the software in the service manual...
                              1. Download the SOFTWARE corresponding to your REGION and LANGUAGE from the official SONY SUPPORT page
                              2. Follow the instructions to save it in USB
                              3. With the TV off in standby... Insert USB pen drive to USB port of TV
                              4. Pull Out the AC plug and wait 10 second (considering the charge of AC adaptor)
                              5. Press and hold the side Power Key for 5 seconds and re-insert the AC plug at the same time
                              6. After 20-30 seconds, the LED is turn to Amber and blink
                              LED blinking indicates “Under SW Update”
                              - IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PULL OUT
                              - THE AC PLUG DURING THIS STATE

7. After 1-2 minutes, LED blinking will finish... press <Power> key
                              If everything went well you should see the SONY logo fade and then the restored image
                              This appears to be a forced update procedure with no display interaction for a KDL-48R550C. I can find nothing specific to my model that this procedure might work. Can I use this same procedure for my TV?

Comment

Looks like a good method, I may have used it before too, I'd give it a shot.

Comment

Followed the procedure. Indicator light on the front turned blue and nothing is happening.

Comment

If that isn't bad enough theres ABSOLUTELY NO INFO on the net about a blue light....zero.

Why is it ALWAYS THESE SONY PIECES OF S**T that screw with me?
                                    Last edited by DXseekerMO; 02-04-2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Head scratcher, did you try a different usb drive or one of the other usb inputs? sj tute here, looks like hes dealing with the same model. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pNVIH-FJao

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                        Head scratcher, did you try a different usb drive or one of the other usb inputs? sj tute here, looks like hes dealing with the same model. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pNVIH-FJao
                                        Followed exactly, no change.

I decided to get down to the buffer boards and check to see what voltage was where. Chassis ground referenced

12V is present on either side of the T-CON fuse

There's about .4 to 1.5V at the LVDS input test points on the T-CON and for the 12V supply there's 12.7v. Unfortunately.......

AVDD 17.5V test point has zero voltage
                                        HVADD 8.8V test point has zero voltage
                                        VCC 1.8V test point has .7mV

I'm not so sure a software update is going to fix that.
                                        Last edited by DXseekerMO; 02-04-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X