Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remove rear panel Sony Bravia KD-65X7500F

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
    yes I did see your posts on other forums, makes it even funnnier. 39.
    Thanks
    Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

[QUOTE=diif;965909]It's called a spudger, they a few generally used for prying.

QUOTE]

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by viewerau View Post
        Is there a chance that the vesa mounting area needs unscrewing before the back will come off. Even though I have never wall mounted it, the threaded 4 mounting holes are still there. .Do you have to remove the unused female threaded screw holes first? If so, what tool does this, or is these spots permanently attached to the chassis and not need removing at all to take off the cover. As you can see, I am just getting nowhere.... thanks in
        can you post a closeup of the vesa mount point so we can see what up there. From your other pictures and the "nick's tv video", it doesn't look like the same "issue" as his "threading points" appear to have "raised heads" on the bolt head which he "slots into with" a wide piece of thin metal.

Are you seeing a "slotted bolt head" down in the vesa mount hole?

Comment

You have got to see the hilarity here, the ENTIRE world can not figure out how to get the back off of this tv.

Comment

The tv is at our other place at the moment, not back there until Sunday. I am only leading the blind saying the vesa mounting spots need removing, as I am clutching at straws. My head tells me the vesa area has nothing to do with it, but for some reason the bloke in the video removed his.

It appears any service guide doesn't match with this tv, as a continued search brings me up no reference material from a service point of view.

Seems more and more likely I'll have to pay a tv tech

Comment

I would take a chance on doing a "pay for manual service"... one day access for $5.00 and up to X manuals. Its got to be worth it to try.

something like https://servicemanuals.us/sony/tv/kd...scription.html

might be worth a gamble. there are a few other sites with similar setups.
              Last edited by budwich; 06-04-2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                I would take a chance on
                Yes, that seems a logical option.

When I go to many of the tv manual sites, I cannot actually even find they have the model number listed anyway...that is a problem, but I will look again....thanks for the tip.

Has anyone here actually worked/seen, one of the tv's I am talking about here?

Comment

yes but for $5 take the chance that perhaps some other model some clues that will help you.

Comment

Did you determine if this Australian model was the same as the x750 in the US ? I see Shopjimmy has parts listed for the x750 which means they know how to get the back off, maybe drop them an email and ask.

Comment

Thank you....I did email them some time ago, asking for assistance, but unfortunately I never received a reply.....

Comment

Comment

Looks like the right tool so far.....

Comment

EUREKA you have finally found the right tool

Comment

Here is another picture of one of many ways Sony engineers like to make your life miserable as a Tv technician. The first picture is a Sony XBR-65x930D and on it it has plastic clips that slide under that top metal vent to release so on it after all the screws are off you push the back cover DOWN after the bottom comes out. Fairly easy on this model. On Sony's some time there will be a slider release on the left and right you slide up and THAT releases the cover after all the screws are out. And then there is the nightmare flat head sliders that wreak havoc on your day and you just want to go out and take a sledge hammer to a customers tv that hasn't paid for his repair for 3 months. Here is a excellent artist rendition of what these look like and on these types you have to push the back cover up to slide those slots off those tight ass screw heads. Never a dull day with a Sony. Next time I see one with the "slots from hell" type covers I'll take a picture and add it to this forum. ====> Sony engineers
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks brucetv....I really do appreciate your effort, and will try again tomorrow.

You wouldn't happen to know if there is any release method to do with where the legs fit as well?

Comment

Here is another example of Sony's over engineering. On this type you have to pull the bottom out and then the back cover pulls down. These clips stubbornly fit into the slots in that metal vent. I wish all manufactures would just stick with screws only, no friggin clips and crap like this guys tv. Who gives a shit what the back of the tv looks like.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

CI think I'll have to attack this with a Dremel tool...

Comment

Don't know if this will help/work, but tried to do a video of the back of the tv ..maybe someone can help?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hqfina...1732.mp4/filea

Comment

You likely need to focus on the area between the "main portion" of the "lower half cover" that is above the portion where the speakers are housed. In the start of the video, you can see a "dimple" where there is a "push fastener anchor".... this likely represents where the "peg head's base" (ie. the male stud) which is then pushed down / seated into a female receiver in the body of the back of the panel. Looking at the "lines of flow" at the "joint", at this point, seems to indicate a "difference" at that point.... assuming the video is showing a uniform perspective but it is hard to tell if indeed that line / point between the two back plates is a actual boundary or a change in the molding.

edit... I think now I see that the "boundary" is nothing more than a changing in the "skin" of the plastic (rough to smooth) and is therefore not a point of removal / seperation. That means the you need to move down towards the speaker housing "cover". Look at the metal tab, does it flip up to reveal a screw underneath maybe?
                                        Last edited by budwich; 06-16-2020, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                          X