Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55EC930V OLED - 3 Second Power No Display

Good evening all

I could do with some help if you don't mind. I've pickup up a LG 55EC930V OLED curved set that clicks on with no display or sound then off after 3 seconds. The LG bezel logo is on for the 3 seconds then fades out. The previous owner said the screen went white then powered off and he assured me there was no screen damage. I have tried a replacement main board and there's no change. So, before I buy a TCON board,
    Is there a way to check that the main board isn't in some kind of lock-out mode?
    Am I right in thinking DRV-ON is the signal back from the main board and should be 3.5v?
    Can I manually apply 3.5v to DRV-ON? What should I expect?

During the 3 seconds of activity the PS is outputting the following:
    3.5v = 3.54v
    12v = 11.8v
    24v = 25v
    PWR-ON = 3.4v
    DPC = 0
    DRV-ON = 0.08v

Thanks for your help
    Billsy

Attached Files

Re: LG 55EC930V OLED - 3 Second Power No Display

If you disconnect the mainboard does the backlight come on. If not then with the mainboard still disconnected use a 1K resistor and connect between 3.5V and power on and a second 1K resistor between 3.5V and DRV_ON.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      If you disconnect the mainboard does the backlight come on. If not then with the mainboard still disconnected use a 1K resistor and connect between 3.5V and power on and a second 1K resistor between 3.5V and DRV_ON.
      Dear friend dick_barton , this is OLED Set.
      disconnect the LCD driver complete from MB ( LVDS) and the Power socket on the left side and turn on.. check it will remain ON ?

Comment

read thru this thread, is probably your best bet.
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...led+freakaftr8
        Further, because of the design of OLED sets and the great potential for the set to "fire", the design is to shut down if there is any issue with the panel, unlike LCD sets which can be powered up in various forms. Hopefully, you will find an answer.

Comment

there are no special things to trouble shoot OLED TV if you able to repair Smart Mobile

Comment

Hi Diah, I should have taken notice that it was an OLED so no backlights.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
              With the two resisters in place and main board disconnected, the power board stays on with all outputs steady including the 24v to the TCON. Screen remains black.
              With the main board connected, tcon receives 0v
              With the four panel ribbons disconnected from the tcon, still 0v to tcon

Originally posted by Diah View Post
              Dear friend dick_barton , this is OLED Set.
              disconnect the LCD driver complete from MB ( LVDS) and the Power socket on the left side and turn on.. check it will remain ON ?
              I tried this prior to jumping the pins and it had no effect. off after 3 seconds.

Originally posted by budwich View Post
              read thru this thread, is probably your best bet.
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...led+freakaftr8
              Further, because of the design of OLED sets and the great potential for the set to "fire", the design is to shut down if there is any issue with the panel, unlike LCD sets which can be powered up in various forms. Hopefully, you will find an answer.
              Thats a big discussion. His fix was replacing the tcon. I might try that but would be nice if I could eliminate a duff panel.

Thanks guys
              Please keep the ideas flowing.

Comment

Do you have voltage on each side of the tcon fuse?

Comment

IF you follow thru the discussion (and if I follow it), the "bad tcon" was a problem on the NOS panel. Freak then used his "original one" to get the NOS to work... But I don't think he got the original set / panel to work.... at least at the mid point of the thread. He did have to "reset" the main board via the service menu to get it out of lock out" which is something that you should try.

Comment

Originally posted by Billsy View Post
                    would be nice if I could eliminate a duff panel.
                    Thanks guys
                    Please keep the ideas flowing.
                    LG Panel in General the SOS signal return feed go back via the last ribbon cable between driver ( you call it T-CON ) and panel. at yours case as first photo the last one on the right side. disconnected it via trouble shooting always to avoid SOS Sig.

Comment

So I just tried to get into the service menu using the AnyMote app on an old IR enabled Galaxy tab. In AnyMote I selected "LG Most Models" and the resulting remote actually has buttons for EZ-ADJUST, INSTART & INSTOP. None of them worked tho, screen stays black, and no voltage to the tcon. The TV is however responding to PWR ON, CH+, CH- and number keys, by way of the bezel logo illuminating then fading out.

Comment

your tv turn off after the 3 second in protect mode. LG service menu work only when the TV work and you have picture on the screen

Comment

how about you take out the metal plate on the panel driver ( T-CON ) and post here photo

Comment

Rest of pics are rotated by the forum for some reason.

Thanks guys
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Could you take a picture of the bottom side of the board? Curious about something.
                                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

EVSS_CON_ out driver IC burned
                                  Last edited by Diah; 01-29-2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Here's the back side

Attached Files

Comment

if i am i will change this board.

Comment

Evss_con_ out
                                        From different angle

Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Billsy; 01-29-2019, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X