Lenovo 1-14ast-05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo 1-14ast-05

Trying to fix a Lenovo 1-14ast-05 which had a BIOS update interrupted and now powers on with flashing power button and solid caps lock light.

Downloaded the BIOS update file from Lenovo here:
    https://download.lenovo.com/consumer...s/cwcn23ww.exe

Then I followed the steps here on how to extract the CAP file using UNIEXTRACT
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=tdk+bios

Although the directions mention needing to extract twice to get the cap file, but UNIEXTRACT extracted WinFlash and CAP file in one go. I then edited the CAP file in HxD to extract what I thought was the correct 8192KB file and saved it.

Using CH341A programmer the standard software doesn't appear to support this BIOS model 25U6473F so I downloaded AsProgrammer 1.4.1 from here:
    https://github.com/nofeletru/UsbAsp-flash/releases/

Read and dumped the BIOS chip with AsProgrammer (attached to this post as Original-BIOS-dump.zip). Then erased chip and flashed the BIN created earlier in HxD (attached here as Extracted-BIOS.zip) but system still won't post.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo 1-14ast-05

Originally posted by mgrharry View Post
    Using CH341A programmer the standard software doesn't appear to support this BIOS model 25U6473F so I downloaded AsProgrammer 1.4.1
    >

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
    I strongly advise you to use AsProgrammer_2.0.0a14, NeoProgrammer V2.2.0.8, or Colibri.
    I then edited the CAP file in HxD to extract what I thought was the correct 8192KB file and saved it.
    >

You didn't edited .cap file as it should.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vesko356; 08-26-2021, 02:49 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks.
      Yes you did it wrong but you was on the right track.Delete the first part 0-317 (length 318), then go back over to your backup,scroll all the way to the bottom and use your cursor to select the last line 90 90 E9 FB F4 00 00 00 FE 00 00 00 00 00 F2 FF .Select copy,or right click copy ,then switch back to CWCN23WW ,search for Hex-Values and paste in the hex you just copied (which is the last line of the bios) .Now just put your curser in between the last two FF`s .Right click and select-block ,the end offset will be set to 81FFFF ,enter 0 as the start-offset and click ok.
      Copy and save into a new file,notice that that the selected length is 820,000 ,thats 20,000 too long, so whats going on ? .The clue is at the top of the file,if you look at the right hand side column you`ll see "Insyde Software" in plain text.This update includes the EC as well as the bios.Set the offsets from 0-1FFFF or 0 and the length to 20000 (20000 in hex is 128KB) ,CUT and paste into a new file ,leaving you with a new 8MB bios and 128KB ec.

Now you need to copy your DMI using the offsets:

DMI 321000 - 3213FF
      w key 370000 - 3700BF
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        Yes you did it wrong but you was on the right track.Delete the first part 0-317 (length 318), then go back over to your backup,scroll all the way to the bottom and use your cursor to select the last line 90 90 E9 FB F4 00 00 00 FE 00 00 00 00 00 F2 FF .Select copy,or right click copy ,then switch back to CWCN23WW ,search for Hex-Values and paste in the hex you just copied (which is the last line of the bios) .Now just put your curser in between the last two FF`s .Right click and select-block ,the end offset will be set to 81FFFF ,enter 0 as the start-offset and click ok.
        Copy and save into a new file,notice that that the selected length is 820,000 ,thats 20,000 too long, so whats going on ? .The clue is at the top of the file,if you look at the right hand side column you`ll see "Insyde Software" in plain text.This update includes the EC as well as the bios.Set the offsets from 0-1FFFF or 0 and the length to 20000 (20000 in hex is 128KB) ,CUT and paste into a new file ,leaving you with a new 8MB bios and 128KB ec.

Now you need to copy your DMI using the offsets:

DMI 321000 - 3213FF
        w key 370000 - 3700BF
        If you followed it ok and made a new bios you can check its SHA-1 hash using Hxd. Analysis -> Checksums -> SHA-1 -> OK

4FFD7B417FF1F401E52801F314B5D1BDD69C52F3 * .If its the same hash youve done a good job.
        * SHA1 edited to match current topic

Comment

@Mgrharry - also notice there's a little catch in this exercise (regarding the SHA-1 result) about the Win key block, see the red symbols at the attached image:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Vesko356; 08-26-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Yes you did it wrong but you was on the right track.

Comment

Hi, I'm looking for the schematics of this notebook... does anyone have them?

Comment

Originally posted by bembo91 View Post
                Hi, I'm looking for the schematics of this notebook... does anyone have them?
                This is not the schematic requests forum, its for bios requests ONLY!

Reminder: rules and organization of this section
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117483

Comment

Hello, please assist with bootloop issue, on and off no bios screen, it shows fast some words once then bootloop.
                  Here is my dumb
                  Also I tried the above bioses, not working...powerbutton on off on off
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bowayne View Post
                    Hello, please assist with bootloop issue, on and off no bios screen, it shows fast some words once then bootloop.
                    Here is my dumb
                    Also I tried the above bioses, not working...powerbutton on off on off
                    read...https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Working...
                    X