Asus G15CS Motherboard BIOS Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus G15CS Motherboard BIOS Issue

Working on an Asus G15CS system. Customer is complaining of poor performance. This is a prebuilt system and the BIOS does not allow modification of many settings and in particular the Asus Multicore Boost (Boost Clock) option is missing so the 9700F CPU never boosts beyond it's 3GHz base frequency. Thinking maybe they could unlock the BIOS by entering admin mode they also set and later forgot the admin password for the BIOS.

So one, wondering about removing the password, and two, if it would be possible to unlock BIOS setting to enable boost mode.

BIOS dump attached.
    Attached Files

Re: Asus G15CS Motherboard BIOS Issue

I've attached a copy of the latest BIOS update from Asus for this motherboard. I tried following the guide here:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75292

but I get hung up on the following steps:
    05.Now download the update file from vendor website and extract it.
    06.Check the file size of downloaded file and bios region pass.bin.
    07.it has to be exactly same in size(if size, differs then you need to edit the downloaded file in hxd and make it same size by cutting unnecessary data)

However, when I open the downloaded BIOS from Asus's website it doesn't have the same BIOS Region section as the original BIOS.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Asus G15CS Motherboard BIOS Issue

Originally posted by mgrharry View Post
      I've attached a copy of the latest BIOS update from Asus for this motherboard. I tried following the guide here:
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75292

but I get hung up on the following steps:
      05.Now download the update file from vendor website and extract it.
      06.Check the file size of downloaded file and bios region pass.bin.
      07.it has to be exactly same in size(if size, differs then you need to edit the downloaded file in hxd and make it same size by cutting unnecessary data)

However, when I open the downloaded BIOS from Asus's website it doesn't have the same BIOS Region section as the original BIOS.
      The downloaded bios has a header that needs deleting,you can do that with UEFITool or a hex editor.After deleting it the file length is 16,384KB but its not a full bios,its just an update, its 8MB .After making it the right size then you can follow the guide,but you would lose all DMI info, its a prebuilt system with a serial etc.
      Attached is a merged,password free bios with all info intact and clean ME firmware.
      Attached Files
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
      X