• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ThinkPad T14 Supervisor password

Originally posted by onizzbox View Post
    @evserv
    You are wrong! It's possible !!
    I said correctly, the solution is not freely available
    Not only you have a solution for new models, but it does not matter, since for users of this forum there are unlock solutions for new models only through jitag

Comment

Re: Unlock password t14

@wajdi.hamed
      Inform the complete model of the laptop, being possible a photo of the cover.
      is her
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wajdi.hamed View Post
        is her
        Not possible via bios patch unlock this model its has protection.Possible via jtag using programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
          Not possible via bios patch unlock this model its has protection.Possible via jtag using programmer.
          @imranromi
          Yeah! You're right... With DXE driver for E14 only

Comment

@imranromi
            Yeah! You're right... With DXE driver for E14 only
            Correct.
            E series not use Mecxxx chip

Comment

Originally posted by 69d0b913 View Post
              After a lot of persistence I was able to remove the bios password from T14! I believe that few here know how to do it and no one shares it, I understand that certain types of information are not shared and are sold! But I persistently come to inform you that the (Thinkpad T14 1st 20S1) was unlocked by an RT809H the only programmer I have. Here are photos in the attachment, now all that remains is to reverse the bios information, but I had taken a photo first of all.
              How did you do it? Does anyone have the JTag points?

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                Correct.
                E series not use Mecxxx chip
                But this model doesn't have MECxxx it has ITE8300
                (it's T14 GEN1 with AMD Ryzen Processor Motherboard NM-C801)

Comment

I have a locked T14 gen1
                  motherboard NM-C801
                  WITH AMD RYZEN PROCESSOR
                  WITH ITE IT8300 not MECxxx
                  16MB BIOS FILE NOT 32MB

autopacher gives error file
                  I would be glade for any help
                  Thanks in advance

Comment

After a lot of persistence I was able to remove the bios password from T14! I believe that few here know how to do it and no one shares it, I understand that certain types of information are not shared and are sold! But I persistently come to inform you that the (Thinkpad T14 1st 20S1) was unlocked by an RT809H the only programmer I have. Here are photos in the attachment, now all that remains is to reverse the bios information, but I had taken a photo first of all.
                    are you willing to share how to?

Comment

Originally posted by wajdi.hamed View Post
                      is her
                      Hello
                      Have you find any solution for your LENOVO T14 GEN2

Comment

i need how to clear svp lenovo thinkpad t14 1th gen

Comment

any body have dmi for add serial number at t14 gen 1

Comment

jhguate you need to buy rt809h

Comment

any information on how we do it?

Comment

Hello everyone,

Same here with a T14s Gen1 with a i7-10xxx CPU ... locked with BIOS password.

Any chance someone might share the method on how to remove the supervisor password ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by simkard View Post
                                  Hello everyone,

Same here with a T14s Gen1 with a i7-10xxx CPU ... locked with BIOS password.

Any chance someone might share the method on how to remove the supervisor password ?

Thanks
                                  rt809h + read MEC1663 + write MEC1663 after that you will have to fix the bios information.

Comment

rt809h + read MEC1663 + write MEC1663 after that you will have to fix the bios information.
                                    Hello and thanks for your fast answer

When you say "fix the bios information", I think you mean the fact of having the "model type", "serial number", etc ... being wiped out when the MEC firmware is modified ?

That might be a concern as there might be a lot of informations to fulfill to get the system at the same exact status as it was before.

Should tool "Lenovo Maintenance Utility V2.02" might be of great help in the process ?
                                    Does it allow to read AND write the informations ?
                                    >>> Found your posts on the thread "mec 16xx dump with info block" >>> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=82890&page=9
                                    Last edited by simkard; 01-27-2022, 07:20 AM. Reason: added the last line

Comment

Originally posted by simkard View Post
                                      Hello and thanks for your fast answer

When you say "fix the bios information", I think you mean the fact of having the "model type", "serial number", etc ... being wiped out when the MEC firmware is modified ?

That might be a concern as there might be a lot of informations to fulfill to get the system at the same exact status as it was before.

Should tool "Lenovo Maintenance Utility V2.02" might be of great help in the process ?
                                      Does it allow to read AND write the informations ?
                                      >>> Found your posts on the thread "mec 16xx dump with info block" >>> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=82890&page=9
                                      If you have access to the data, it's easier, but if you don't, this information is on the machine itself, the serial number is on the label, the motherboard number is on the board itself.

Comment

If you have access to the data, it's easier, but if you don't, this information is on the machine itself, the serial number is on the label, the motherboard number is on the board itself.
                                        you lose your info when you flash the "Mec16XXX".

may want to reprogram better before the info!
                                        instead of using the maintenance diskette

give me 2/3 dump for compare
                                        Last edited by Maxpower3; 01-27-2022, 05:29 PM.

Comment

So just to sum it up and be sure that I've totally understood how these new models are built/working regarding the supervisor password removal :

After reading/writing MEC16xx chip with a blank/empty dump, there are some things that needs to be reconfigured.

Technically, from my understanding, MEC16xx chip contains these informations (nothing else to declare ?) :
                                          • Machine type
                                          • Model Type
                                          • Country code
                                          • S/N / Serial Number
                                          • BIOS/Supervisor password
                                          • Computrace informations maybe ?

While using the Lenovo HMD (Hardware Maintenance Diskette) v1.90, there are ways to fulfill these informations using option 20 or C0 and typing this sequency : 1STTTTMMMMCCSSSSSSSS which is composed of :
                                          • TTTT > Machine type
                                          • MMMM > Model Type
                                          • CC > Country code
                                          • SSSSSSSS > S/N / Serial Number

So chronologically, steps would be :
                                          1. Solder wires on JTAG pins (close to the MEC16xx chip on the motherboard)
                                          2. Write an free from password dump of a MEC16xx chip
                                          3. Boot on the Lenovo HMD (hopefully no BIOS errors will be preventing from booting on an USB stick at that time)
                                          4. Use the option "20" or "C0" to fulfill the informations into the MEC16xx chip memory
                                          5. That's it ?

Am I correct ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X