Dell XPS 13 9360 No charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell XPS 13 9360 No charge

Do you have any dell donor boards,if so what motherboard part numbers are they.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

i got:
      QALA1 (from Dell E6530)
      QAL81 (from Dell E6430)
      FX3MC (from Inspiron 15)
      and several from very old Latitude D520 but i don't think they got anything like this.

Comment

None of those will do. I found some on ali ,if you can wait a few weeks for delivery https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000861764202.html
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-26-2021, 03:28 PM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Good, thank you very much for everything!

Comment

This seems to be a common problem on XPS13/15 series. I got the same problem, is this the affected part?
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes exactly!

Comment

what soldering tip and temperature is needed for this? i never did any SMD soldering and need practice

got an old ERSA MS8000 soldering station

Comment

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
                  Yes exactly!
                  These TVS diodes have been a problem for me too.Anyway i`ve found a TVS cross reference at baidu and copied the part i could see to a jpeg.

https://wenku.baidu.com/view/24ae99f...2396893e2.html

If the cross reference is accurate then it lists parts from semtech,protek,NXP and vishay.You can find the datasheets and see for yourself if you think one of them will be ok as a replacement. Some of those sites have a cross reference search (xref) so you can further xref each part number.
                  Edit: Found an older xref pdf from valorstat semi, it lists these 3 uClamp0501H, PESD5V0L1UB, AZ5125-01H

PESD5V0L1UB toshiba xref: https://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/...SD5V0L1UB.html

uClamp0501H diodes Inc xref https://www.diodes.com/design/tools/...terForm=Search
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-06-2021, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Sorry to jump on an old thread here, but I have come across a very similar issue with a small twist. The TVS diode, PD102, and burned one side of the trace. See pic below. I did find what I think is a compatible donor from a Dell XPS 9560 board, 2nd pic. From what's left of the trace, it appears that it went to both the resistor marked #1 and cap marked #2. So ISTM I could attach a new tvs diode connecting to what's left of the trace at #2 and run a small jump from there to #1, is that right?

As usual thanks for your suggestions.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Seems right to me, take a look at schematics to be 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mgrharry View Post
                        burned one side of the trace. See pic below.
                        To me that looks like some residue/gunk/whatever. Is that really burned? Did you try cleaning it with IPA or nail polish remover (careful of course)?

Comment

Hi,i bought a xps9350 and i have the same problem
                          Is not charging the battery with dc Dell charger but is charging with usb c charger
                          I checked the PD102 and seems to be ok
                          PR103 also is good 33ohm
                          i do have 3,3v also on PQ101
                          So what ele can be?
                          I supose is not the BQ chip as log is charging with usb c charger

Comment

Confirm if the bios reports the correct stats of the attached power adapter.

Is the power adapter of the proper ratings for this logic board?

Comment

The bios says unknown power adapter. I do use a 45W Dell adapter.

Comment

Measure the voltage to ground of each pin on pq100. Post each measurement.

Comment

I have attached a pic with voltages
                                  So i have 5,3.3 and 3.3V
                                  Thank you
                                  Attached Files

Comment

These are good voltage measurements. The gate voltage is higher than source / drain voltage so mosfet should be enabled to pass through the single wire communication traffic.

Remove all power. Meter in diode mode. Short the meter probes and the meter should tone beep. Touch one probe to one of the mosfet pins at 3v3 in the last measurement. No power to the board. Touch other meter probe to the dc adapter connector on the logic board used for the PSID. Do you hear a tone beep? If not, test the other mosfet pin.

This is to confirm the fault is not in the power adapter connector. One combination must tone beep. If yes, consider to remove this same mosfet and bypass the source and drain pins with a short with a wire or solder blob. There should be empty pcb pads for this bypass but remove the mosfet if testing this way.

This bypass is to rule out the mosfet as being defective. Many cases on this forum that confirm the mosfet as being defective.

Comment

Sorry for the trouble, it was the stupid power adapter. I ordered another adapter and is charging . The first 1 bought is second hand as i wanted to buy an original Dell

Comment

Working...
                                      X