Lenovo y540-17IRH IT8226e-192

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo y540-17IRH IT8226e-192

Hi, got a Lenovo y540-17IRH (board NM-C531) with broken charging port. Found out that superio IT8226e-192 has internal short (thanks lenovo for great charging design ), found out that it's needs to be programed. Maybe someone has KBC bin and/or knows where i could get pre-programmed ?

p.s. got access to Vertyanov programmer, but didn't found this IT on support list, maybe someone knows if that will work for my job ?

Re: Lenovo y540-17IRH IT8226e-192

Originally posted by Lukosiukas View Post
    Hi, got a Lenovo y540-17IRH (board NM-C531) with broken charging port. Found out that superio IT8226e-192 has internal short (thanks lenovo for great charging design ), found out that it's needs to be programed. Maybe someone has KBC bin and/or knows where i could get pre-programmed ?

p.s. got access to Vertyanov programmer, but didn't found this IT on support list, maybe someone knows if that will work for my job ?
    Solder on a new blank chip,it will program itself at first boot
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Ok, ordering it right now. Hoping for the best. Thankyou for assistance and information.

Comment

any news ? i have a identic one

Comment

Common issue. Sometimes pch dies aswell.

Comment

Good news, replaced the IT8226e-192, works once again Thankyou all for your assistance.

Comment

Hello Sir, how are u?

I have the same issue with a notebook lenovo Y540 i`m from paraguay and here the support even exist.

So i have the same problem, the charger has internal shock and burn this component in mother board, but i cant find the same component. The script on the component in my legion is this right below, and the component i found in alixpress is this.

LENOVO LENOVO
              IT8226E-192 IT8226E-192
              2002-BXA 1846-BXA
              S17YVA S16DVA
              L003 L003

So this difference maybe will dont work?

Thank you very much in advance

Comment

Original component
                \----------------------------
                lenovo
                it8226e-192
                2002-bxa
                s17yva
                l003
                /---------------------------
                component find in aliexpress
                it8226e-192
                1846-bxa
                s16dva
                l003

Comment

Originally posted by Luskitas120 View Post
                  Original component
                  \----------------------------
                  lenovo
                  it8226e-192
                  2002-bxa
                  s17yva
                  l003
                  /---------------------------
                  component find in aliexpress
                  it8226e-192
                  1846-bxa
                  s16dva
                  l003
                  in my opinion it should work..check the chip to solder and leave the laptop on for at least 30sec, after starting ..
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Oook! Thx very much!! i will try and comeback here later to tell the result!

Comment

Hi! any updates if replacing it with a chip that is not exactly the same works. I have the same problem with my y540-15IRH the chip that is shorted is
                      IT8226E-192
                      1919-BXA
                      S16YRA
                      L003

but what i can only find online is only the same on the 1st and last line

IT8226-E
                      1914BXA
                      S16TSA
                      L003

would it work?

Comment

Originally posted by jbccccc View Post
                        Hi! any updates if replacing it with a chip that is not exactly the same works. I have the same problem with my y540-15IRH the chip that is shorted is
                        IT8226E-192
                        1919-BXA
                        S16YRA
                        L003

but what i can only find online is only the same on the 1st and last line

IT8226-E
                        1914BXA
                        S16TSA
                        L003

would it work?
                        Hi!

I have the same question. Did it work out?

mine is:

IT8227E-192
                        2006 CXA
                        SK0WAB
                        L005

The closest I could find is

IT8227E-192
                        2007 CXA
                        SK0Y8B
                        L005

Will it be work??

Some solder fell in the casing and it fried the chip before I could do anything
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ahmaweed View Post
                          Hi!

I have the same question. Did it work out?

mine is:

IT8227E-192
                          2006 CXA
                          SK0WAB
                          L005

The closest I could find is

IT8227E-192
                          2007 CXA
                          SK0Y8B
                          L005

Will it be work??

Some solder fell in the casing and it fried the chip before I could do anything
                          i think it's ok...try it..
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

In my case I accidentally shorted adapter I'd pin with 20v. Which shorted sio internally due to which power ic started getting heated. I replaced the sio chip with the same number but now laptop is no power no charging, not sure if sio needs internal ec rom reprogramming. Someone in above replies mentioned that this Lenovo Ite SIO doesn't need programming. Please suggest

Comment

Originally posted by forespec View Post
                              In my case I accidentally shorted adapter I'd pin with 20v. Which shorted sio internally due to which power ic started getting heated. I replaced the sio chip with the same number but now laptop is no power no charging, not sure if sio needs internal ec rom reprogramming. Someone in above replies mentioned that this Lenovo Ite SIO doesn't need programming. Please suggest
                              It does not need programming, it'll program itself at first boot. Most probably you bought rebranded/fake chip, or pch is faulty as well (rare case but it's possible too).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                              Become a Badcaps supporter
                              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                              Thanks to all supporters.​
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

In my case I accidentally shorted adapter I'd pin with 20v. Which shorted sio internally due to which power ic started getting heated. I replaced the sio chip with the same number but now laptop is no power no charging, not sure if sio needs internal ec rom reprogramming. Someone in above replies mentioned that this Lenovo Ite SIO doesn't need programming. Please suggest. Edit: thanks for reply. If PCH is faulty then atleast red led on DC jack should be on as soon as the adapter is connected and charging circuit should work. Thanks

Comment

Eventually it worked without any issues. Note: This SIO doesn't need programming. I think all Lenovo ITE SIOs don't need programming. It didn't work after replacing SIO because the power ic was faulty as well. I was confused because power ic was making 3v3 and 5v alw, 3.3 was present at power button, but I was not sure if this SIO requires programming. In my country SIO cost is around 16 us$. By the way does anyone know if SIO MEC 1515 NB programmable or not. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by forespec View Post
                                    Eventually it worked without any issues. Note: This SIO doesn't need programming. I think all Lenovo ITE SIOs don't need programming. It didn't work after replacing SIO because the power ic was faulty as well. I was confused because power ic was making 3v3 and 5v alw, 3.3 was present at power button, but I was not sure if this SIO requires programming. In my country SIO cost is around 16 us$. By the way does anyone know if SIO MEC 1515 NB programmable or not. Thanks in advance
                                    MEC 1515 does not need programming note when replacing you need to load the original bios

Comment

Hello. write what board, I'll try to drain the backup from the working board

Comment

Working...
                                      X