Alllied AL-C350ATX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alllied AL-C350ATX

My latest project, a L&C Allied AL-C350ATX, completely dead. No 5VSB, and a two transistor 5vsb circuit. Also a couple of bulging Saturn capacitors in the output. So I have started by removing the pc board from the case. Here are some pictures.
    Attached Files
    Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Re: Alllied AL-C350ATX

I would try to repair that. Looks capable of 350W.

Comment

The 'saturn' caps on that PSU are Yang Chun. It definitely seems to have a bit of beef to it. It looks similar to this - http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/t...TM-420-PSAR-I3. I pulled 350W from it, but blew it up at 400W. I wouldn't trust it for any higher than 300W for a long period of time, though.
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I replaced the output pi filter capacitors on the 12 volt, 5 volt, and 3.3 volt rails with Nichicon PW series capacitors. Two were bulging and had high esr. The remaining four measured ok for esr. I decided to replace them all since I don't trust Saturn capacitors.

The two mains capacitors are also Saturn. I am wondering if I should trust them or change them. So what do you think?
        Attached Files
        Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

Measure their capacitance and if it is in specs leave them alone.

Comment

With power applied, no 5vsb. With the pc board out of the case I can now troubleshoot it. First, the fuse was blown. No wonder it has no 5vsb! I started checking silicon devices. Switching transistors OK, output diodes OK, then found that one of the diodes in the input bridge diode was shorted. Replaced bridge diode and fuse. Now it is up and running. I wonder what blew one of the diodes in the bridge diode??

Comment

errr bad caps? couldnt have been anything else...

Comment

Working...
              X