TCL S425 series LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCL S425 series LEDs

are the diodes themselves the same for all screen sizes? Just in different strip lengths?

I have a brand new 43 inch with a totaled screen, but it's very new. Do you think I could use a diode from that tv to fix a 75 inch which has a dead diode?

Re: TCL S425 series LEDs

LEDs wear out and have limited life like batteries and light bulbs. If you want your repair to last more than a few months, replace all the strips with new and turn down the backlight level. I only replace individual LEDs if I can't find new strips or if they cost more than the value of the TV. Individual LEDs come in all sizes, colors, footprints, intensities, voltages... That being said, I can use Samsung 3V compatible LEDs for most repairs except for LG.
    Last edited by neilc6; 07-06-2021, 03:36 PM.

Comment

appreciate your replies...

but do you know if those diodes are the same? I suppose I'll know when I start to take them apart.

Comment

If you want to repair the TV just enough to flip it, you can try this style of LED repair.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84371

Comment

I just want to try and see if this repair will work...I don't have a lot of scratch and got the tv's for free. This would be a great fix for me...two tv's morphed into one.

And I don't disagree with how to properly fix it with new strips. Likely the best way to do it. As these are some of my first efforts, I can mess around and break everything and it doesn't matter. I could order the new strips and still have other problems on my hands..so replacing a diode seems like a reasonable next step although it is not a robust fix. If I fix it and otherwise like it, I will go with the full repair with new strips. I am in a phase of experimenting and learning.

I am not into selling poorly fixed stuff...I would be open an honest if I ever go to sell it.

Comment

A 75 inch TV is an extremely difficult repair with a high chance of cracking the screen. Taking it apart more than once will increase the odds of cracking it if you are successful the first time. Find some large cracked screen TVs to practice with.

Comment

Working...
            X