Hp Spectre x360 DAY0DMB2AA0 black screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp Spectre x360 DAY0DMB2AA0 black screen

hi, I have this hp that had a PU18 ic that overheated and did not turn on, this managed the ram, replaced the pu18 ic and now the pc turns on, the fan runs but I have a black screen, measured the voltages I miss + VIN_VCCGT on PL21, this is managed by pu12 and pq13

pu12
    pin 1 4.7v
    pin 2 2V
    pin 3 4.7V
    pin 4 4.8
    pin 5/6/7/8 0V

who can help me? Thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Hp Spectre x360 DAY0DMB2AA0 black screen

It's No issue when you can't measure VCCGT with your Multimeter. It's Normal to Not be present without load.
    Checked all coils for Short or asking other way around, all other voltages are Coming Up?
    Tested With known working HP charger of correct wattage and known working RAM?
    FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

"PU18 ic that overheated and did not turn on, this managed the ram"

bad news for ram chips

Comment

thanks on the other hand, no short coils, I have the right voltages, only vccgt is missing
        The RAM are welded, after the seat of the pu18 now I have 1.30v, with the faulty ic the car did not turn on

Comment

rams are very fragile to bad voltage

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
            It's No issue when you can't measure VCCGT with your Multimeter. It's Normal to Not be present without load.
            Checked all coils for Short or asking other way around, all other voltages are Coming Up?
            Tested With known working HP charger of correct wattage and known working RAM?
            Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
            "PU18 ic that overheated and did not turn on, this managed the ram"

bad news for ram chips
            Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
            rams are very fragile to bad voltage
            i did a reflow on the rams, still black screen, the rams seem to work,
            vcc ram 1.30v 78ohm,
            vccgt 0v 4ohm
            vcore 0.90v. 4ohm

it may be that there is no communication between ram and cpu?

Comment

when ram chips goes bad by bad voltage reflow/reball dont help

Comment

VCCGT -you cant measure with multimeter. Still you can put your probe on this coil while powering on and there might be a slight deflection on your multimeter. that will prove there is nothing wrong in VCCGT . This signal comes at the last stage of power sequence and at the time of posting. I'll strongly suggest to flash bios first.

Comment

Originally posted by reset1986 View Post
                  i did a reflow on the rams, still black screen, the rams seem to work,
                  vcc ram 1.30v 78ohm,
                  vccgt 0v 4ohm
                  vcore 0.90v. 4ohm

it may be that there is no communication between ram and cpu?
                  To check communication between cpu and ram, you can check SMBUS DATA/CLOCK on ram slot. If present, communication is very likely ok. You need DSO to be 100% sure but presence of voltage on those pins is almost a sure sign of communication ok between ram and cpu.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                    To check communication between cpu and ram, you can check SMBUS DATA/CLOCK on ram slot. If present, communication is very likely ok. You need DSO to be 100% sure but presence of voltage on those pins is almost a sure sign of communication ok between ram and cpu.
                    ok, I had tried to flash the bios, I extracted the 8 mb platform 0804F file on the hp site, still black screen, I will try the ram signals you suggested if there are voltages

Comment

VCCGT -you cant measure with multimeter. Still you can put your probe on this coil while powering on and there might be a slight deflection on your multimeter. that will prove there is nothing wrong in VCCGT . This signal comes at the last stage of power sequence and at the time of posting. I'll strongly suggest to flash bios first.
                      i measured some ram points, there seems to be communication with cpu, 0.6v,
                      i did a reflow on the cpu but still black screen, other ideas on what it could be?

Comment

Why did you do that?! You have risked an irreparable damage to the CPU, If it isn't already dead...

Till this Point it was possible it is Just a Bad RAM Chip. Now it could be a "no fix" at all...
                        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

You reflowed the cpu with hot air gun or Bga machine?? If it is hot air gun being used, there is high chance of cpu itself getting damaged. However, with bga machine reflow with correct profile, cpu will not be damaged.

Comment

You reflowed the cpu with hot air gun or Bga machine?? If it is hot air gun being used, there is high chance of cpu itself getting damaged. However, with bga machine reflow with correct profile, cpu will not be damaged.
                            I have been reballing for years, I use a ht r490, correct profile, 225 degree recast, the cpu still works but I have not solved the black screen problem
                            if i desalt one ram chip at a time can it work with only one chip?

the ram ic on the motherboard are 2

Comment

Hmm. Not sure it will work or not after desoldering one of those 2 ram chips. Never done that before.

Comment

Working...
                              X