Sold Sharp LC-50LB370U Board on Ebay - Return Requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold Sharp LC-50LB370U Board on Ebay - Return Requested

Sold this board on ebay with this warning in the description and pic of working TV.

"Pulled from a TV with a damaged panel. NO REFUNDS.
    This model suffers from LED backlight failures. Make sure your backlights are working before replacing boards. Symptom is TV turns on and off with no backlight or a flash of backlights."

Ebay Return Request
    Reason for return - Doesn't work or defective
    Details - Powersupply board has sound,but verry dark screen.I would like to return,You send for me another one. Thank You.

With ebay, if return reason is doesn't work or not as described, you are forced to give a refund as a seller. You also have to pay for return shipping if you want the item back. Sometimes with LG LN series boards, I will double check with the buyer before shipping that they don't have backlight issues even with a warning in the description.
    Attached Files

Re: Sold Sharp LC-50LB370U Board on Ebay - Return Requested

Happens all the time with tv parts. "Defective or not working" reason gets an automatic return initiated. Some people are just dishonest. Sometimes it never comes back(YaY) or if it does I make sure its mine and try to retest as best I can. Sometimes I still have a compatible tv or tools I can retest a returned part and relist it. I look at it this way. If I get 1 return in 25 sales, I'm good. Also ebay fees and paypal payout sucks, but I get a world wide audience for it. Anything less than $20, you can keep it. Not worth my time and return postage.

Comment

Yeah returns are a cost of doing business and I have been lucky my return rate is low. I put debugging tips in my item description, picture of the display and NO REFUNDS in the description. If they think they may need to return it, they should order from a seller that takes returns. Being in Canada, return shipping will be $20 from the US. Luckily, with the introduction of Netparcel, I can ship tracked to the US from $6 to $10. Canada Post rates are double.

Got a return request before for Does not fit. Buyer likely order the wrong part. I denied the return and he neg'ed me saying item was defective. If his return request reason was defective in the first place, I would have been forced to refund.

Comment

Your going to find alot of "wanna be repairman" on Ebay and they will lie through their teeth using the defective route just to get their return. Ebay makes it too easy for them to use this excuse as a weapon to guarantee their return so the customer always has the upper hand and that sucks. Most are cockroaches and can't even understand English and have no business buying.

Comment

I use this disclosure in all my ads and only sell known working boards on Ebay with security markings to ensure I'm getting my board back. You can't trust anybody.
          DO NOT BUY THIS BOARD IF YOU ARE NOT A TRAINED TECHNICIAN!!!!!!!!
          DO NOT BUY THIS BOARD IF YOU ARE NOT SURE IT'S THE RIGHT PART NUMBER BEFORE YOU BUY!
          DO NOT BUY THIS BOARD IF YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN THE BACK OFF THE TV AND CONFIRMED IT IS THE RIGHT PART FOR YOUR TV!!!!! DON'T GO BY MODEL NUMBER AS THERE COULD BE SEVERAL VERSIONS OF THAT BOARD AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE RIGHT PART NUMBER TO MATCH.
          DO NOT BUY THIS BOARD IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE A MULTIMETER AND KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY DIAGNOSE A TV SO YOU KNOW IT'S THE RIGHT PART FOR THE FIX.

THERE ARE VOLTAGES INSIDE A TV THAT CAN KILL YOU! IF YOU ARE A DO IT YOURSELFER STOP NOW AND CALL A TRAINED TECHNICIAN.
          It helps to weed some of the wanna be techs, freakshow lair's, and people who are too cheap to take their Tv to a qualified technician.

Comment

Working...
          X