Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPV51 LA-G078P MB CPU too hot..

dear all ..
    i have EPV51 LA-G078P MB ...the cpu is getting too hot when powered on but no display the capacitors above on processor are shorted to GND.
    kindly help whether i can remove the capacitors or not ..

Thanks.

Re: CPU too hot..

Thanks to @mcplslg123 for the following post:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...995#post868995
    Last edited by caspian; 07-19-2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

friend ..i read all the posts after visiting the thread but unable to find the solution..
      Anyway thanks .

Comment

Originally posted by Nilam View Post
        friend ..i read all the posts after visiting the thread but unable to find the solution..
        Anyway thanks .
        what is the resistance value of shorted caps?

Comment

caps around cpu will show very low resistance and if you measure in diode mode, your multimeter will always beep. But that's not short. Do the basic for no display case.
          01. Flash known good bios with clear me
          02.Replace ram module.
          03.Inspect carefully for any corrosion/damage
          04.Measure resistance on all coils(in power off condition.
          05.Measure voltage on all coils in power on condition.
          06.Check ram slot requirement like SPD.Clock,Data,Dramrst#
          07.Check PLTRST,CPURST,HWPG/ALL_SYS_PWRGD

If you dont get any fault in above listed steps, you need to move to LPCFRAME/LPCCLK which are all signals and require DSO.

Hope this helps you.

Comment

I checked coils resistance found around 14.6 Ohms.
            I checked voltages on coils . I has 0.86 v on one side but nothing on other side ..
            The above scenario is on 3 coils near APU. one coil has 0.94 v on one side but OL on other side.
            I am really confused.
            The 2 capas i mentioned earlier have 0.00 Ohms to GND.( that are on APU).
            I removed the RAM but same issue ..replaced ram also.
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

I forget to mention that i donot have schematic for above MB ..
              Kindly share if anyone has the same.
              Thanks

Comment

Checked following on S i/O .
                EC_SMB CK1 =3.06 V
                EC_SMB DA +3.0v
                SOC_SML 1 clk=3.0v
                SOC_SML 1 DATA+3.0v

Note :-Other earlier Super IO information like PBTN_out, SLP_S3# S4 #S5# are all ok.
                Pls suggest if i missed something.

Comment

Re: EPV51 LA-G078P MB CPU too hot..

Super I/O information dounloaded from here
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67108

Comment

I forget to mention that i donot have schematic for above MB ..
                    Kindly share if anyone has the same.
                    Thanks
                    You can make a request for it in this thread in the "Schematic Requests ONLY!" section https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=LA-G078P
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

You dint followed all the steps listed at post#5. You can always check ram requirement without a schematic. Use any other schematic with similar ram module. If you dont want to do basic checking, no one here can repair your mb. Remember, the mb is with you and not us.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                        You dint followed all the steps listed at post#5. You can always check ram requirement without a schematic. Use any other schematic with similar ram module. If you dont want to do basic checking, no one here can repair your mb. Remember, the mb is with you and not us.
                        oops, sorry for not mentioning that RAM supply is ok. 1.2 v and 0.60 v are generated properly.

Thanks again.

Kindly explain me ..is it normal to have voltage on one side of coil and nothing on other side of coil ?

Comment

oops, sorry for not mentioning that RAM supply is ok. 1.2 v and 0.60 v are generated properly.

Thanks again.

Kindly explain me ..is it normal to have voltage on one side of coil and nothing on other side of coil ?
                          A coil in the buck converter circuit will have PWM pulses on one side and regulated DC supply on the other side. Depending on the manufacturer and model, different DMMs shows different reading on the PWM side. Some reads average DC value, some reads highest amplitude of the pulse and others may be confused (since the DC is not constant but rapidly switching) and shows OL (overload) status. It really depends on the DMM.

Btw, in my personal experience, AMD APU/SoC s are lot more hotter than their Intel counterpart. In my place, AMD has low market share and i don't see much AMD boards in my table. The first time i received an AMD SoC board (Ryzen) for repair, i really thought the SoC is bad since it was heating way too much than Intel chips which i am more familiar with. Turned out that problem was in another circuit and i managed to repair it.
                          Last edited by anshad; 07-21-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks again.

Thats not enough. You need to check SDA/SCL/RESET/SPD and many more. You will have 1.2/0.6V even when reset is missing on ram circuit.

Comment

Thats not enough. You need to check SDA/SCL/RESET/SPD and many more. You will have 1.2/0.6V even when reset is missing on ram circuit.
                              Sir
                              I do not have schematic and i am not able to check above mentioned points without it. kindly help if anything is available.
                              Thanks

Comment

Sir
                                I do not have schematic and i am not able to check above mentioned points without it. kindly help if anything is available.
                                Thanks
                                You cant manage any other schematic with ddr4 memory used?? Use NM-B241 for reference for ddr4 ram requirement.

Comment

Dear sir
                                  sorry for the late reply.
                                  here are the report.
                                  SDA +3.3v (pin 254)
                                  scl (+VDD_spd) +0.78v (pin 253)
                                  SPD(VDD) +3.3v
                                  DRAMRST# 0v (null)
                                  or may be should i recheck with another memory (RAM) ?

seems DRAMRST# not generating ...
                                  kindly help ..whether i use different schematic that uses

thanks

Comment

remove heatsink and pour IPA on dies. when it start to heat from one dot. mostly on PCH die, u have burned PCH. have tons of that intel fault.

Comment

SDA/SCL both should be 3V. You have emasured 0.78V on SCL. Are you sure?? DRAMRST# will come from cpu. If everything in ram circuit is ok and still dramrst# is missing even after known good bios flash, very likely cpu is faulty. I just repaired one acer with DRAMRST# missing with 5th gen SOC(Replaced the SOC and got it solved).

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                                        remove heatsink and pour IPA on dies. when it start to heat from one dot. mostly on PCH die, u have burned PCH. have tons of that intel fault.
                                        This cant be burnt PCH case. Read his readings of various points. He only have DRAMRST# missing. Yeh, These SOC often fails but majority of them are killed by inexperienced repair guys.

Comment

Working...
                                        X