Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KD65X85005C, no boot, hdmi IC suspected

Hi guys,

This android TV show up the Sony the logo, than black picture, not turn off, but also no reaction for remote or buttons. First suspected a corrupted FW, but found some short around the hdmi IC.

With upgrade drive show the update pictogram for few min's, after Sony logo again and black pic. The picture below show the short's and found a datasheet from the IC.

I would be grateful for any help
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Formaster; 07-22-2021, 01:05 AM.

Re: Sony KD65X85005C, no boot, hdmi IC suspected

What do you measure exact? I suspect you are measuring a very low resistance but that doesn't mean it's not good because you're measuring in the circuit.
    I think you better take a look at the EMMC, these models are known for EMMC problems.

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
      What do you measure exact? I suspect you are measuring a very low resistance but that doesn't mean it's not good because you're measuring in the circuit.
      I think you better take a look at the EMMC, these models are known for EMMC problems.
      Didn't found any schematic to check, measured around 30, the neighbours 3-400. I know the EMMC by these models, but how can i check if corrupted?

Comment

copy the content off the EMMC and save it. FF the EMMC and do a blank check. If the blank check is o.k. it should be all right. Copy the content back to the EMMC and off you go.

Comment

If that ic is shorted it would likely be getting HOT. Check the area for heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Formaster View Post
            Didn't found any schematic to check, measured around 30, the neighbours 3-400. I know the EMMC by these models, but how can i check if corrupted?
            You can't check that, the EMMC in this model is a Hynix and I've seen a lot of those which I wanted to reprogramme , after the EMMC was programmed I got a message that the EMMC has reached it's "End of Life"

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
              If that ic is shorted it would likely be getting HOT. Check the area for heat.
              Thx, i checked, can't say it is hot but definitely warm.

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
              You can't check that, the EMMC in this model is a Hynix and I've seen a lot of those which I wanted to reprogramme , after the EMMC was programmed I got a message that the EMMC has reached it's "End of Life"
              I ordered a new Hynix nand. Need to dump the old, or just replace the nand with empty new and insert a Sony FW loader from usb?

Comment

[QUOTE=Formaster;1060936

I ordered a new Hynix nand. Need to dump the old, or just replace the nand with empty new and insert a Sony FW loader from usb?[/QUOTE]

The old software is useless, you need to get working software , an empty EMMC will never work. The firmware you can find at the Sony website is not the same and will not work either.

Comment

measured around 30
                  30 what? Gallons? Always put measure units..
                  i guess software problem , repairable until the operator can break protection mechanisms, a good hacker is suitable.., i don't know the final bill how much, mabye better find repl. board...

Comment

Today arrived my hot air gun, removed the chipset and the short is gone around. Ordered a new one just in case, hope only that caused the problem.

I know these modells know as ROM problem, but nearly always with boot loop. My shows only the Sony logo, after no picture and hope it was this caused.

Here is the pins of the processor on Page 40. Can be tested pins for short?
                    Last edited by Formaster; 08-19-2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

In other brands there are tv that shows logo then after some time shuts down in standby. The shut down is due to the watchdog that senses the main software running problem...

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                        In other brands there are tv that shows logo then after some time shuts down in standby. The shut down is due to the watchdog that senses the main software running problem...
                        In this case the tv gone not to standby. Looks like its freezed before system boot. Its not a bootloop or shutdown. But i need long wait for arrive a chipset proc, thats while wanted to test the pins on this suspected one.

Comment

Tell us what you mean for the short gone.. for that symptom it is suspectable also bad soldering on cpu, not short. Furtherly, maybe not always watchdog is enabled, when this, main program can go back to system with an error in shell and stay there, the correct and only way to diagnose is the boot log view trough a PC, and is also easy most of the times..
                          Last edited by Davi.p; 08-19-2021, 06:27 PM.

Comment

There was a lot capacitors around the chipset processor shorted to ground. After takoff the hdmi chipset did'nt found a shorted cap.

The bootlog is on the emmc? I have no bga flasher and don't know what is the jtag points on the motherboard.

Comment

When William asked you the measures you don't replied clearly, if you was meaning 30->400 ohm then those are not shorts. Believe me, you have faulty software , the bootlog is a text sent by the tv over the serial port , that is hidden inside main board on a not populated connector or the vga/hdmi connector.. if you are not familiar with theese, then leave alone this board and buy a cheaper one..

Comment

30 what? Gallons? Always put measure units..
                                i guess software problem , repairable until the operator can break protection mechanisms, a good hacker is suitable.., i don't know the final bill how much, mabye better find repl. board...
                                (meaned in ohm, not kOhm or mOhm, just 30Ohm)

Comment

When William asked you the measures you don't replied clearly, if you was meaning 30->400 ohm then those are not shorts. Believe me, you have faulty software , the bootlog is a text sent by the tv over the serial port , that is hidden inside main board on a not populated connector or the vga/hdmi connector.. if you are not familiar with theese, then leave alone this board and buy a cheaper one..
                                  just try to learn something in freetime as hobby. I did it before xbox jtags and a lot other thing, but hard to find any infos, if don't know where.

Comment

But.. if you trust me, this is a software issue and with these Sony i don't know the exact procedure to fix it, maybe you can start a search in the forum for a succesful reload by a simple usb key, not the hard way with expensive eprom programmers.. The way i prefer is by linux shell but if them are commonly shell protected i'm not a linux guru...
                                    For instance here is Android but shell is unix similar, if you want at least see the log you must own a low volt serial port adqpter, like the ones in RT809 / CH341A programmers
                                    Last edited by Davi.p; 08-20-2021, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Formaster View Post
                                      (meaned in ohm, not kOhm or mOhm, just 30Ohm)
                                      30 Ohms is normal and does not mean there is a S.C., the problem when measuring a part is the circuit it's in, if that is a low ohmic circuit you always measure a very low resistance.

Comment

But.. if you trust me, this is a software issue and with these Sony i don't know the exact procedure to fix it, maybe you can start a search in the forum for a succesful reload by a simple usb key, not the hard way with expensive eprom programmers.. The way i prefer is by linux shell but if them are commonly shell protected i'm not a linux guru...
                                        For instance here is Android but shell is unix similar, if you want at least see the log you must own a low volt serial port adqpter, like the ones in RT809 / CH341A programmers
                                        Thanks! First the USB recovery method found it, show the picture in attachment, run it few minutes, than 2 times show the Sony logo and nothing, but won't turn off itself .

For lucky i have one of this serial port adapter. Any suggest how to connect? I would like to thank you.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Formaster; 08-20-2021, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X