A2141 Boot Loop Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A2141 Boot Loop Issue

Board has no signs of water damage. Board had the APPLE error logo when recieved, reset with DFU and restored and installed new os.

OS installed but then it would not post and boot loop with a hard fan spin over and over. The apple logo will not appear and the bar will only reach about a quarter of the way and loop again. I tried DFU again with REVIVE and it still continues.

Attempted Safe Mode and the computer does however boot into safe mode.

So the computer boots into safe mode but will not post normally. Any suggestions? This is new to me and would love the knowledge for this and a fix.
    sigpic
    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Re: A2141 Boot Loop Issue

Booting into safe mode and the computer boots into safe mode. It allows me to see the error:

panic(CPU 4 caller) GPU PANIC: mux-regs 5 3 7f

so forth...

I looked online and this seems to be a GPU issue these are now being known for? Anyone solve this issue or is this a bad GPU?
    sigpic

Comment

Bump
      sigpic

Comment

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...22#31602727022

Comment

Hey mon2,

That program is for a 15" 2011 MBP. I see nothing in that discussion about the 16" 2019
          sigpic

Comment

Appears to be a GPU fault cover up on this logic board. The keyword search pointed to the same shared link and issue.

Here is another:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251459049

Sad engineering.

Comment

Yup we are back at the AMD GPU nightmare again. 2011 repeats itself again in 2019 MBP. Hopefully there is a program for these models soon. They are saying its a faulty software issue which is odd because a lot of 16" do not have this issue but a batch of them do. I am considering doing more research on this and hopefully it could be something as simple as a bad cap or resistor that needs to be replaced near the GPU. Wont know till I do a little more digging, worst case it is the GPU itself and it needs to be honored under a new program.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                Board has no signs of water damage. Board had the APPLE error logo when recieved, reset with DFU and restored and installed new os.

OS installed but then it would not post and boot loop with a hard fan spin over and over. The apple logo will not appear and the bar will only reach about a quarter of the way and loop again. I tried DFU again with REVIVE and it still continues.

Attempted Safe Mode and the computer does however boot into safe mode.

So the computer boots into safe mode but will not post normally. Any suggestions? This is new to me and would love the knowledge for this and a fix.
                Facing the exact same problem..an one found the solution yet?

Comment

same here, 4000 $ garbage...

Comment

Working...
                  X