3 red blink in panasonic 65vt60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 red blink in panasonic 65vt60

Hi to all the*members of this great forum I am a new member here.

I want your help please:

Yesterday I heard a loud pop and my plasma screen went black and the TV red light blinked*3 times repeatedly .

I opened the tv and saw a bed diode that exploded in the SC board and some of the transistors*malfunctioned .

The SC board number is*TXNSC1UCUUTH*.

I also see 2 boards connected*to the SC board (SU board*+ SD board)I can not see any visual sign of a malfunctioning but maybe there is a problem on them too.

I would be very happy*if someone how*familiar*with this problem in the plasma*65vt60 panasonic can tell me:

What are the odds that they broke down too?
    When i replace the sc board Do I need to also replace these 2 boards ?

Thank you very much!

Re: 3 red blink in panasonic 65vt60

To test the buffer boards, put your meter in continuity mode. Your meter should beep when you touch the leads together. Place the black one on the screw hole circled in red, and drag the red lead across the ribbon connectors (red lines above them) and listen for a beep. Beep means there is a short, and it's bad.
    Attached Files

Comment

Can I do this test when the buffer is inside the tv or must disconnect them from tv?

Also I need to disconnect the ribbon cable from the connector in order to drag the red lead on the connector?

Thank you

Comment

another qustion please:

how can i know that my power board is ok?
        iknow for sure that the sc board is bed i saw a diode fry there..

my tv red light blink 3 times

Comment

You can test the buffers in the set with the ribbons connected. Take out the screws and the white connectors going to the sc board.

Comment

Another question*please:

When i check the buffer i need to do it without the*tv connected*to the AC main?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Check with tv UNPLUGGED!

Comment

I check the buffers they are ok.

The sc board is dameged i saw there fry diode.

I tried disconnect*the ribbon cable and the dc cable from the sc board hoping the tv respond*but nothing happened*still 3 red light.

after I also disconnect*the ss board ribon cable and dc cable but still 3 red light.

i even disconect all the 4 ribbon cable from the main board ans also the dc cable from SS and SC board but nothing heppend the tv still blink 3 times red.

only when i disconect the main board from the power supllay the red light off but also all the tv.

what can cuse this problem the main board defective?

the power supplay feed the main board becuse the red light is flashing or it could be the power supplay also bed?

Thank you very much!

Comment

3 blinks points to the mainboard. Very hard to repair it.

Comment

I put the tv in scroll bar mode because*the tv is connected*to a pc and i wanted to prevent* burning on the screen.

all the 6.5 years the tv was connected*to pc for home theater*and i*occasionally use the white scroll*bar.

Before 3 days i open the tv and put 20 min of scroll*bar and suddenly i heard loud pop and the red light blink 3 times, now it is a summer time and the ambient temp is a little high in the house maybe the tv run a little hot but all the funs before the problem work wall as they do everyday.

What can cause*this problem with the main board? I really*want to know if I could prevent this from happening ?

The sc board was also damaged. I saw a diode burn and i thought*the 3 red lights were just the*sc board?

My power supply*board works ok if the red light blinks or there is a chance that it is also bad?

Thank you very*much.

Comment

I remove the fulty sc board from tv everything is conected as should just without the sc board.

still the red light blink 3 times

could it be power supplay board or main board?

Thank you very much

Comment

You will have to check the voltages on the power supply, very carefully. Download a service manual to help you test things.

Comment

I manegd to open the tv.

I accidentally forgot when troubleshooting to connect one little wire from the sub power to the large power supply.

I disconnected each board from ribbon cable and the sc gave me 8 blink and the ss gave me 6 blink.

When SS and SC board disconnected the tv turn on with click and then the green light blink and then green light fix.

This panasonic model TH-65VT60M.

I think SS and SC failure but I disconnected them and I thought that the 2 funs will also spin but only green light and click.

Why the fun not spin can it be another problem besides the 2 boards?

When all the boards is on the tv include the fulty SS and SC with all the cables and ribbons connected the tv has no click sound and the red light blink 3 times?

Thank you very much for your help!

Comment

Probe the SS board like you did with the SC, if no immediate shorts are found it's maybe functioning, since there's green light with the power supply + motherboard combo, both of them are good, do you have VSUS? The fans only spin after the motherboard commands them, after full startup.

Comment

HI.

I have diagnose and troubleshooting the tv:

There's a short in the SC20 Power Connector of SC board and a burn diode
                              I disconnected this Connector and the 3 red blink became 7 blink
                              After I also disconnected the ribbon cable from the SC board it blink 7 red code.

I disconnect the ribbon cable of the SS board and the TV suddenly starts to click and the green light blinks and stay on, the 2 fans and also spins for 5 seconds.

I then also disconnected the ribbon cable of C2 board data driver (lower center)
                              And the tv started to click the green light blink and the tv on continuously and 2 fans on continuously this the best I achieve.

So when the shorted SC20 power connector On the SC board disconnected
                              Ribbon cable of SS board disconnected
                              The tv green light on and fans spin 5 seconeds

If also disconnect C2 board data driver (lower center)
                              The tv green light on and also 2 fans spinning continuously.

What boards do you think can do this?

Thank you very much!
                              Last edited by Shay2023; 07-30-2021, 06:40 AM. Reason: TYPING EROR

Comment

The SS board give me 8 blink
                                The SC board give me 7 blink

If i disconect SS and SC ribbon and SC20 power cable the tv click and green light on and fans spin for 5 second

If also discoinect ribbon from C2 board data driver (lower center)
                                tv click and green light on and fans spin continuously.

Thank you very much!

Comment

I don't know if this TV is capable of turning on with only SS board connected and SC isolated. Like I said, probe the SS board. Is there a TPVE, a test point for VE voltage on it? SS board generates that voltage and it is listed on the panel sticker or service manual how much it should be.

The TV fully powers on once SS and SC are completely disconnected, so I say if you have VSUS the power supply + motherboard are OK.

Comment

I attach photo of*my ss board i dont know where*to find the*TPVE*or if there is one

I managed*to find diode that failed in the*continuity check*of my multimeter i measure it between the 2 legs and the multimeter*beef and i saw zero on the screen

I also check the power connector*of the ss board SS11 and no short*
                                    Does it mean that I also need to replace the ss board because*of the diode?

Thank you very much!
                                    Attached Files

Comment

my mistake a frienf told me to mesure again the diode is ok, it is somthing alse that when i conect the ss board ribbon cable to the main i get 7 red blink

the tv turn on with fan if i disconect ribbon cable from ss and sc and from the C2 board data driver (lower center)

if this 3 ribbon cable disconected the tv on with click sound and the green light blink a few seconds and then the green lifht stay on, also the 2 fan spining.
                                      no screen.

what board can cause this problem?

thank you.

Comment

The diode has those two pins shorted by design itself, it's how they work, the big tab (case) is the kathode, the two pins are anodes, goes for any diodes on this TV with 3 pins/pads, so two of those contacts are always going to be "shorted", it just cannot be shorted from anode>kathode or vice-versa, that indicates a problem, IGBTs are much more likely to short than diodes when an SS or SC board failures occour.
                                        Oops I wrote this before your latest reply acknowledging a misread on the diode.

You need a replacement SC board for sure, the SS board's IGBTs need to be tested for short-circuits too.

Comment

Working...
                                        X